Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to right now?

+29
seven
goodcitizn
southindian
pravalika nanda
FlowerPower
Impedimenta
Petrichor
FluteHolder
Nila
Maria S
chameli
Jeremiah Mburuburu
indophile
garam_kuta
Another Brick
.|Sublime|.
Mr. T
soul.peaceful
Mosquito
FreeStyle
Merlot Daruwala
Rekz
artood2
doofus_maximus
Propagandhi711
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
charvaka
33 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:33 pm

blabberwock wrote:

just totally love this. i think it is "elevator" music. elevator music ought to be redefined to include this.

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:15 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvdbSxZC3Z8&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL20243F0B21C8EA06

Whoever wrote the lyrics, hats off! Beautiful! And sung beautifully by MS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 am

jee karda

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:00 am

i am listening to the light thuds against the glass window near which i sit. it so happens that this acrobatic of a blighter, hanging from a rope, is cleaning the window much to my displeasure. the mentioned displeasure is not only because of the audio, but the visuals that come with the act of window-cleaning.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Another Brick wrote: the mentioned displeasure is not only because of the audio, but the visuals that come with the act of window-cleaning.

a: stripes
b: plain
c: none
which one of these brought you dis pleasure..bolo na tearing hair out

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:21 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Another Brick wrote: the mentioned displeasure is not only because of the audio, but the visuals that come with the act of window-cleaning.

which one of these brought you dis pleasure..bolo na tearing hair out

need ideas on an emoticon that can truly display my feelings. scratch and tearing hair out are woefully inadequate.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Another Brick wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

which one of these brought you dis pleasure..bolo na What are you listening to right now? - Page 4 82819051

need ideas on an emoticon that can truly display my feelings. scratch and What are you listening to right now? - Page 4 82819051 are woefully inadequate.

mea culpa Crying or Very sad I missed out d: lungi- the 2nd layer or the only Embarassed

if this doesn't clue in, take CalvinK's helpline mister Rolling Eyes

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:53 am

garam_kuta wrote:
mea culpa Crying or Very sad I missed out d: lungi- the 2nd layer or the only Embarassed

if this doesn't clue in, take CalvinK's helpline mister Rolling Eyes

ah, now i understand what you say. no, it wasn't a lungified window-cleaner, k'ben.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:07 am

Haha. A lungified window cleaner. Case of over air-cooling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:01 am

Sarileru neekevvaru

http://www.telugufm.com/modules/music/moviedetail.aspx?mid=10022

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:21 am

for pi:

dhol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:51 pm

pi, you are right. malkit singh first sang tutak tutak tutiyan. later daler mehndi improvised on it. i just stumbled on this remix of the malkit singh original by bally sagoo -- and the link claims it was the first remix of his life. the lyrics remain incomprehensible as always.

p.s. i love the sound of the ek tara -- though not in this song.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:00 pm

very nice. rap and punjabi folk both have a shared tradition of introducing the composer's name in the lyrics.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:52 am

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 4 Empty Funky Cold medina (Tone Loc)

Post by Kris Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:pi, you are right. malkit singh first sang tutak tutak tutiyan. later daler mehndi improvised on it. i just stumbled on this remix of the malkit singh original by bally sagoo -- and the link claims it was the first remix of his life. the lyrics remain incomprehensible as always.

p.s. i love the sound of the ek tara -- though not in this song.

This is among the best songs i ever heard in my life. It's a consolation that my wife approves of this song. Jamalo you the wicked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:02 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDqckE6y5Mo

Warning : Carnatic Music

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:34 am

Another version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwR6n0RBbps

I heard a young boy singing this on TV. Somehow it was much more evocative when boy sang even with all the apasrutis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:pi, you are right. malkit singh first sang tutak tutak tutiyan. later daler mehndi improvised on it. i just stumbled on this remix of the malkit singh original by bally sagoo -- and the link claims it was the first remix of his life. the lyrics remain incomprehensible as always.

no, daler mehndi never improvised on it. he sang tunak tunak something instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00 pm

nutmeg wrote:Warning : Carnatic Music
affraid

awful, really. no vocal gymnastics, no mridangam, no ghatam, no veena.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
affraid

and whhhere is the sankaramammm in that rendition, eh? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:27 am

Richard Hed wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
affraid

Whats sankaramammm ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:28 am

nutmeg wrote:
Richard Hed wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
affraid

Whats sankaramammm ?

Spelling mistake, nutsy- meant samskaaramU. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Richard Hed wrote:Spelling mistake, nutsy- meant samskaaramU. Smile

LOL.

blabberwock you had promised two of your offerings. you are bad at keeping promises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

blabberwock you had promised two of your offerings. you are bad at keeping promises.

You sound like my sons who treat everything I say casually as a "promise" and give me a hard time if I don't do it with a "but you promised..."

I couldn't find the right recording on youtube yesterday - will search for it today and post. Please be patient!

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 4 Empty Come dancing...

Post by Kris Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:05 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:28 am

right now, i am listening to my inner self. it it saying, 'you are doomed. you are not going to recover that money for another 2-3 years. why did you buy those stocks in the first place? you can hope for TCS and satyam to make merry because the rupee is 50 against dollar, but your other stocks are lemon.' can't say i am enjoying that.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:41 am

Another Brick wrote:right now, i am listening to my inner self. it it saying, 'you are doomed. you are not going to recover that money for another 2-3 years. why did you buy those stocks in the first place? you can hope for TCS and satyam to make merry because the rupee is 50 against dollar, but your other stocks are lemon.' can't say i am enjoying that.

You found SELF? Rejoice that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:44 am

blabberwock wrote:"Butterfly-Lovers" - Vanessa Mae (Violin Concerto)

very nice mommy. midway through it i got the sensation that it sounded oriental. then i checked the youtube link for details -- it is a chinese folk piece. the name vanessa mae sounds familiar -- perhaps you had posted another piece by her in the past or perhaps i heard something else by her on my own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:51 am

blabberwock wrote:
Another Brick wrote:right now, i am listening to my inner self. it it saying, 'you are doomed. you are not going to recover that money for another 2-3 years. why did you buy those stocks in the first place? you can hope for TCS and satyam to make merry because the rupee is 50 against dollar, but your other stocks are lemon.' can't say i am enjoying that.

You found SELF? Rejoice that!

well, technically, i have not found it yet. i just hear it. but when i confront it, i don't hear it again. i am going to go back to the old CH and seek TruthSeeker's advice on self-talk.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:48 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:35 pm

It's in Telugu. High fundu stuff. May not be for you even if you know telugu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykXyC5QhZlY&feature=related

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:13 pm

kinnera wrote:[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykXyC5QhZlY&feature=related
/quote[/url]]

Do you watch Chaganti Koteeswararao's Shivanandalahari on Maa TV? Previously he did Bhagavatam.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Maa tv unnappudu vineedanni. Ippudu cut chesam kada.

I listen directly from his website. Sai baba charitra ayyindi. Bhagavatam sagam lo unnanu

http://en.srichaganti.net/

Naaku Ramana Maharshi gaarante chaala ishtam. Paripoornananda Saraswati garu brahmandanga cheptunnaru aayana upadesa saaram. Watching them on youtube.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:59 pm

]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:57 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:29 am

richa sharma chaap tilak sab chheni. not bad -- i liked it.

it's such a delight watching abida parveen perform. tere ishq nachaya.

good songs for times of karwa chauth.

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 4 Empty Mother and Child Reunion

Post by Kris Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:15 pm

listening to this and remembering gandhiji. i'm not sure if it is sanskritised gujarati or sanskrit or sanskritized hindi.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:listening to this and remembering gandhiji. i'm not sure if it is sanskritised gujarati or sanskrit or sanskritized hindi.

Isn't that Awadhi?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:50 pm

i doubt it. its either sanskritized gujarati or sanskrit or sanskritized hindi. anyways, i'll find out.

edit. it is sanskritized hindi. so, yes, sanskritised awadhi is right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:53 pm

el gato - leandro "gato" barbieri, argentinian tenor saxophonist - playing "encontros":

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next