Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to right now?

+29
seven
goodcitizn
southindian
pravalika nanda
FlowerPower
Impedimenta
Petrichor
FluteHolder
Nila
Maria S
chameli
Jeremiah Mburuburu
indophile
garam_kuta
Another Brick
.|Sublime|.
Mr. T
soul.peaceful
Mosquito
FreeStyle
Merlot Daruwala
Rekz
artood2
doofus_maximus
Propagandhi711
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
charvaka
33 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:58 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i doubt it. its either sanskritized gujarati or sanskrit or sanskritized hindi. anyways, i'll find out.

edit. it is sanskritized hindi. so, yes, sanskritised awadhi is right.

it's tulsidas, lol. the raag is very sweet.

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:43 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:03 pm

thanks to myLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 pm

seven wrote:thanks to myLord

one of the comments from youtube:

Q: Apart from my questions, what is the only question Rajnikant can't answer???

A: WHY THIS KOLAVERI KOLAVERI KOLAVERI DI?

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 5 Empty subah hone na de - my current fav

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:09 pm

saddi to desi hai adda
tu mera hero cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:05 pm

abida parveen tere ishq nachaya with trans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:23 pm

wah! superb selection seven!

edit. this is my mostest favourite song of kishoreda and the best enaction by dev sahib.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:26 pm

hainaaa!! my fav too ;Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:27 pm

lol, yes, it's my all time favourite. i edited my post above to add.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:32 pm

trivia: dadamoni, kishore da and jaya bhaduri were all probashis, viz. bengalis brought up outside west bengal (MP in this case).

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:33 pm

and this was my dad's fav and mine too

so hard to decide wats my #1 fav...i love them all Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:38 pm

lol seven great one. this is from doordarshan and radiio ceylon times. thanks for posting this! but i'll still go for the former one. mohammad rafi is awesome...agreed.

p.s. anther probashi: chewbakra's wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:12 pm

i'm so hooked to abida parveen's tere ishq nachaya that i have not ventured beyond to listen to her other recitals.

a few weeks ago i watched a tv interview of artist muzaffar ali -- once married to commie cat subhashni ali. pseudo artist muzaffar ali blabbered at length about things passionate, one of which included abida parveen. he spoke like he was intimate friends with her (which he must be) and that he often played host to her and that he had her collaborate with him in his fashion designing endeavours (??). well, i never knew about this creative dimension of abida parveen!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:13 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Nahi Saamne Tu Ye Alag Baat Hai
Mere Paas Hai Tu Mere Saath Hai 8->

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:00 pm

seven ,

Akshay khanna sang this song when touring the US for a live show

he has a beautiful voice
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:07 am

and its a b'ful song. i heard it after sucha long time on saavn today and it took me back to my school days 8->

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:06 am

love the dhol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:20 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:19 pm

english thumke
dil ki rhythm pe
maare jam jam ke
desi boyz cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:02 pm

artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:06 pm

artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:08 pm

artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:10 pm

kayamat hogi n dil to hai dil are both my favs I love you

I'm listening to sufi music today. Enjoy the very famous Amir Khusro ghazal, Chaap Tilak Sab Cheeni mo se naina milaike

Chhap tilak sab cheeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Prem bhatee ka madhva pilaikay
Matvali kar leeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Gori gori bayyan, hari hari churiyan
Bayyan pakar dhar leeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Bal bal jaaon mein toray rang rajwa
Apni see kar leeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Khusrau Nijaam kay bal bal jayyiye
Mohay Suhaagan keeni ray mosay naina milaikay

Translation
You've taken away my looks, my identity, by just a glance.
By making me drink the wine of love-potion,
You've intoxicated me by just a glance;
My fair, delicate wrists with green bangles in them,
Have been held tightly by you with just a glance.
I give my life to you, Oh my cloth-dyer,
You've dyed me in yourself, by just a glance.
I give my whole life to you Oh, Nijam,
You've made me your bride, by just a glance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:48 pm

80s hindi hit playlist... just started it. First song is Time Bomb! omg, let's see how it goes... enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNyEsI0wPQ0&feature=bf_prev&list=PL78CBFC7247AA61FA&lf=results_main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:47 pm

flashmob at mumbai cst/vt on 27/11. thanks to the indian railways for playing rang de basanti on their PA system. i prefer this video accompaniment to the song (song being one of my all time favourites -- patriotic apart) over the one from the movie. the video makes me echo the comment of a viewer who commented on the original vid. from rang de basanti, the fiilm, on youtube: damn, this makes me feel like going back to india. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:48 am

more punjabi gestalt and at it's best this time. yegsplosive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:11 am

yet more punjabi gestalt at it's pristine, pristine best. simply wonderful!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:51 am

]

Testing- posting video

I like it. Sorry..can't translate the entire song..a few lines are close to..

"I don't know your name..can't call you by it..

So I have a secret name for you..can't tell you what it is..

It's a hot name..makes my lips burn..

It's a cool name..makes my heart chill out:)

It's not a scary name..a short name..but, I can't breathe when I say it..

It's the name which follows mine.."
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 pm

like this song and love the the laung gawacha medley in the beginning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:53 pm

growing up, i used to overhear some of my school friends talk in punjabi among themselves and later truck drivers. i formed a (nascent) opinion that punjabi was a very coarse or rough language. but in the last ten years, listening to punjabi folk and sufi (starting with -- and thanks to him -- nusrat fateh ali khan), i have formed the opinion that punjabi is a very beautiful language (as much as bengali or bambaiya is). here's sukhwinder singh singing "chaiya chaiya" with an obvious reference to bulle shah's "tere ishq nachaya" (as sung by abida parveen).

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:growing up, i used to overhear some of my school friends talk in punjabi among themselves and later truck drivers. i formed a (nascent) opinion that punjabi was a very coarse or rough language. but in the last ten years, listening to punjabi folk and sufi (starting with -- and thanks to him -- nusrat fateh ali khan), i have formed the opinion that punjabi is a very beautiful language (as much as bengali or bambaiya is). here's sukhwinder singh singing "chaiya chaiya" with an obvious reference to bulle shah's "tere ishq nachaya" (as sung by abida parveen).

you liar, your credibility is gone. Do you have any proff of the above. Please provide email evidence from all those truck drivers.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 am

for charvaka (apropos of our discussion on chat from a few days ago). faiz's hum dekhengey -- hair-raising rendition by iqbal bano.

a few reader comments:

fantastic Amazing..
Did you read that Arundhati Roy's article in Dawn..lol even the rebels over the border love this song!!!!

Truly brilliant! ABCDshaikh

1 year ago
it wouldn't be surprising if anybody makes it a marching
song in their plight against injustice and tyranny! (even oif they are
across the border!) Vajeea

1 year ago

i don't know if rebels across the border love this song (unless i am to be considered a rebel) but, yes, ithis a great song against injustice and tyranny (minus the religious fervour).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:15 am

Maria S wrote:

Testing- posting video

I like it. Sorry..can't translate the entire song..a few lines are close to..

"I don't know your name..can't call you by it..

So I have a secret name for you..can't tell you what it is..

It's a hot name..makes my lips burn..

It's a cool name..makes my heart chill out:)

It's not a scary name..a short name..but, I can't breathe when I say it..

It's the name which follows mine.."

Aha format changed. Multiple choice questions were getting kinda routine, so create a cryptic puzzle song. This one is - guess your name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:40 pm

kaash mera naam hosanna hota

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:47 am

Think Prasanna is handsome..(reminds me..I know..there I go again!) of a young Gemini Ganeshan (Rekha's Dad and his wife 3/4 was the talented late. Madam Savithri)..

Hope as a couple he and the lovely actress Sneha have a happier marriage than Gemini and Savithri..like them both!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:15 am

Nice to watch a Sneha song (not a great song- bland..just to see her)after a long time.

Interestingly..she and the guy - don't remind me of anyone particular!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 am

Gosh! I am into this "Tamil Padam" fever...I don't know that bullet scene just doesn't seem to go out of my mind. Razz
It brings the Sooravali in any person. I really want to own a beach and this song is inspiring....

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:06 pm

omigod there is a captcha for linking youtube too now? affraid

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 5 Empty Lesle Lewis;Hariharan - Kai Zhala

Post by FluteHolder Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6vebqs2Ry4

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:01 pm

khoya khoya chand from the movie khoya khoya chand. sorry (and quite strangely) i can't find it on youtube.

http://ww.smashits.com/khoya-khoya-chand/khoya-khoya-chand/song-59875.html

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 pm

hi huz,

i liked it Smile

wasnt the original khoya khoya chand sung by mohd rafi and enacted by dev anand ?

forget which movie Sad
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:44 pm

yes you are right! maybe that is why i could not find it on youtube (got lost in the rafi clutter). the rafi song was from kala bazaar -- 1960. and yes, enacted by dev anand who could not dance but could walk as if pretending to be dancing. jitendra was another one of those types.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:12 am

Listening to a lovely song by the lovely late Selena (on her birthday)..who was a good Tejano music singer..

I Could Fall In Love..

I could lose my heart tonight
If you don't turn and walk away
'Cause the way I feel I might
Lose control and let you stay
'Cause I could take you in my arms
And never let go

I could fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you

I could only wonder how
Touching you would make me feel
But if I take that chance right now
Tomorrow will you want me still?
So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:34 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next