Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to right now?

+29
seven
goodcitizn
southindian
pravalika nanda
FlowerPower
Impedimenta
Petrichor
FluteHolder
Nila
Maria S
chameli
Jeremiah Mburuburu
indophile
garam_kuta
Another Brick
.|Sublime|.
Mr. T
soul.peaceful
Mosquito
FreeStyle
Merlot Daruwala
Rekz
artood2
doofus_maximus
Propagandhi711
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
charvaka
33 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 am

^ why is the above not loading in such as expected? what's wrong in the syntax?

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Nila Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:31 am

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 pm

texas tw -- got it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:52 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:31 pm

i had transliterated the above song in old ch but can't seem to find it now. let me try transliterating it again.

i have found these watches today with good fortune
watch me from close to your heart's fill

it is doubtful if your fate carries a next meeting with me
maybe in this life we might not meet again

meet my neck

hey hey

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed May 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 06, 2012 7:38 pm

ana vidovic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6A-DiZmxkU&feature=related
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun May 06, 2012 8:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:ana vidovic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6A-DiZmxkU&feature=related

amazing! thanks for posting this. i have this new found obsession for guitar music and to think that i will be working with a very talented musician for my next recital in oct!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 4:28 am

last night i was giving random math questions from last 10 years ICSE papers to my younger to solve. in trooped older to help him with one "locii from 2 points problem" in geometry. the discussion turned to a song my older said i used to hear a month ago. the only thing he could distinctly remember was that it had the words "papa papa" in it. the younger got excited for he too loved the song. i could not identify it. i asked the younger for more hints. he said i used to listen to it in january and that there were dialogues in it too and a mandir in the video too. we went though a dozen songs but no luck. suddenly a bulb lit up in my head. i did a quick search in sulekha and found the thread: http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/diverted-to-delhi-call-centres-1070979.htm there is a punjabi folk song right at the end of the video that i felt was the one my kids were talking about. but we found that blabberwock's youtube links stood deleted by youtube now. i was crestfallen. i had tried identifying the folk song back then too but had had had no luck and therefore used to play that truncated bit in the youtube video over and over. my older was confident that "diverted to delhi" must have been uploaded by others in youtube too. sure enough it was. we found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1okXqlBaL7I&feature=related the song starts after 52.53 mark. we tried my phone's application "sound hound" to identify the song but no luck. today morning i called up a punjabi friend and had him listen to it. he laughed and pointed me to the popular folk song but also said that he did not understand the punjabi. i, rather we, had traced the song after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:27 pm

p.s. don't watch the movie -- it's idiotic. if you do, do enjoy the stupendous acting of kalki koechilin and gulshan devaiah. also watch "hate story" for gulshan devaiah at his best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:22 pm

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:33 pm

atcg wrote:

recycled yaadon ki baraat that lifted from if it's tuesday, it must be belgium

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:50 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:41 am

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:58 pm

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Empty Dimon Live

Post by Petrichor Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:45 am

http://banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Hearings.LiveStream

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:33 am

Riveting grandstanding...Dimon is the definition of BSD (big swinging d**k), amazing to watch the fast-talking, arrogant boss dishing it to the lesser mortals on the panel.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:20 pm

"The other explanation could be a general misstep. In theory, JPMorgan staff should have expected the new value-at-risk model to produce substantially higher losses under stressed situations. But they were apparently free to sign off on the new model when that didn’t occur. Perhaps they just weren’t aware that new Basel models were supposed to be stricter."

With tongue firmly in cheek?

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/06/13/understanding-jpmorgans-risk-models/

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:52 pm

this song and some other on my queue are making me so nostalgic

good old school days 8->

can you spot shahid kapoor in this song? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:39 am

i couldn't spot shahid kapoor. you do have a sharp eye! where does he appear?

this song reminds me of the day i spent in bhaktiarpur (my wife's nanihal) near patna. this movie had just been released. i was so tired of meeting relatives (and the heat) that i'd retreat to my car, turn the AC on and listen to this song in repeat mode. i guess you were in school then in some other province!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:26 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i couldn't spot shahid kapoor.
is that disastrous?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i couldn't spot shahid kapoor.
is that disastrous?

it was a challenge; like a puzzle or a hidden object game. why would it be disastrous? are you upset, angry or upset and angry? gobi, alu, alu-gobi, gobi-alu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 am

Shahid Kapoor as a background dancer in song "Kahin Aag Lage"

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:07 am

found him!!! @ 2.16, draping aishwarya from the right. he looks like such a chikna chomu! kinda like my older. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:37 am

I am listening to this right now https://youtu.be/sjmlCLFDAfE

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:41 am

i like the remix too (though kishore kumar is inimitable -- agreed).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:53 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i couldn't spot shahid kapoor. you do have a sharp eye! where does he appear?

this song reminds me of the day i spent in bhaktiarpur (my wife's nanihal) near patna. this movie had just been released. i was so tired of meeting relatives (and the heat) that i'd retreat to my car, turn the AC on and listen to this song in repeat mode. i guess you were in school then in some other province!

oh those luxurious days when you could waste petrol like that. Razz

Watched this movie and HDDDS with my newborn and in-laws, in 1999. Bought the cd of both, which we would play in the car in drives between NJ and NY to visit relatives. All five of us packed in a '98 Corolla. Sometimes would end up torturing them even more by playing 'tadap tadap ke' in repeat mode, mostly when I was driving. Ah, those fun-mixed days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:02 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:oh those luxurious days when you could waste petrol like that. Razz

ouch! feeling guilty now. not that it's going to make me change my ways. Razz those '98 & '99 were fun days for me too though in a different sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:17 am

btw, typo HDDCS*

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:51 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i couldn't spot shahid kapoor. you do have a sharp eye! where does he appear?

oh those luxurious days when you could waste petrol like that. Razz

Watched this movie and HDDDS with my newborn and in-laws, in 1999. Bought the cd of both, which we would play in the car in drives between NJ and NY to visit relatives. All five of us packed in a '98 Corolla. Sometimes would end up torturing them even more by playing 'tadap tadap ke' in repeat mode, mostly when I was driving. Ah, those fun-mixed days.

BTW have you notice the most remixed music director is RD

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 am

FlowerPower wrote:BTW have you notice the most remixed music director is RD

i did not know this. you are right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahul_Dev_Burman#Legacy

he was a genius in his own right and asha loved him for that! i always thought he was punjabi but it never struck me that he could be bengali. burman is a shared surname in the two communities!

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:BTW have you notice the most remixed music director is RD

i did not know this. you are right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahul_Dev_Burman#Legacy

he was a genius in his own right and asha loved him for that! i always thought he was punjabi but it never struck me that he could be bengali. burman is a shared surname in the two communities!

Bhai Burman was never a Punju and could never have been, his sensibilities are so non Punju. He was from the royal family of Tripura Dev Burman or (Varman) were rulers of Tripura and Dada Burman broke away from the family to pursue his interest in music and the genes were inherited by Rahul Dev and he carried the name to extreme heights.

You must listen to his Bangla Pujo songs to really appreciate his depth and range.

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:10 am

FlowerPower wrote:You must listen to his Bangla Pujo songs to really appreciate his depth and range.

i will. thanks for this info.

panchamda naam shune bojha ucheet cheelo je bhadrolok bangali.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:29 am

bheegi bheegi raton is stuck in my head. What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:46 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:bheegi bheegi raton is stuck in my head. What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Sad

Here is the antidote
https://youtu.be/5VzUxxa0c2I

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:12 am

FlowerPower wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:bheegi bheegi raton is stuck in my head. What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Sad

Here is the antidote
https://youtu.be/5VzUxxa0c2I

yes, that works. Smile tonight is dedicated to abhas ganguly, dadamoni's younger sibling. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 am

FlowerPower wrote:You must listen to his Bangla Pujo songs to really appreciate his depth and range.

do you have any ready youtube or mp3 links?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:24 am

i just noticed that rim jhim gire sawan was also composed by r d burman. i never paid any attention to the composer so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

do you have any ready youtube or mp3 links?

Links are aplenty and most torrent sites also have downloadable collection.

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:35 pm

atcg wrote:

wtf. is this a ghazal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:47 pm

"The tune was adapted from the Ghazal "Tum Nahin Gham Nahin" by Late Shri. Jagjit Singh."

The Tamil original is a movie song by Vani Jayaram -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CBlDFmDnac&feature=fvwrel

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:00 pm

well done, hu! we too found shahid in that song much after the song was first released Wink

another nostalgic number... i remember washing car on sunday mornings with bhaiyya and nanaji. good times 8-> one of my all time favs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 am

shaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 am

seven wrote:well done, hu! we too found shahid in that song much after the song was first released Wink

another nostalgic number... i remember washing car on sunday mornings with bhaiyya and nanaji. good times 8-> one of my all time favs
the vast indo-gangetic plains are not hot and dusty anymore, but have suddenly sprouted lush, green vegetation and coconut trees?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:08 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:the vast indo-gangetic plains are not hot and dusty anymore, but have suddenly sprouted lush, green vegetation and coconut trees?

scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next