Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to right now?

+29
seven
goodcitizn
southindian
pravalika nanda
FlowerPower
Impedimenta
Petrichor
FluteHolder
Nila
Maria S
chameli
Jeremiah Mburuburu
indophile
garam_kuta
Another Brick
.|Sublime|.
Mr. T
soul.peaceful
Mosquito
FreeStyle
Merlot Daruwala
Rekz
artood2
doofus_maximus
Propagandhi711
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
charvaka
33 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

funny how its actually rock and roll and (perhaps) that is why i like it.

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Petrichor Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:46 pm

http://www.studentaffairs.columbia.edu/wkcr/story/wkcr-proudly-presents-ragas-live-festival

WKCR-FM
in Collaboration with Brooklyn Raga Massive and HarmoNYom
Proudly Presents: Ragas Live Festival…
“24 hours of live Indian Classical Music with 24 musicians!”

On Thursday, June 21st starting from the midnight of the 20th, WKCR-FM will feature a historic first in radio broadcast: a live raga marathon with 24 musicians performing in 24 hours!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
seven wrote:well done, hu! we too found shahid in that song much after the song was first released Wink

another nostalgic number... i remember washing car on sunday mornings with bhaiyya and nanaji. good times 8-> one of my all time favs
the vast indo-gangetic plains are not hot and dusty anymore, but have suddenly sprouted lush, green vegetation and coconut trees?

nothign happened suddenly and took its time. the lush green vegetation and coconut trees etc. why wud u think it happened all suddenly? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:13 pm

thi sis why i say peepals who can sing are blessed...magical voice

my fav song...thoroughly enjoying

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 pm

my neighbor's children playing in their backyard. and for the first time i can tolerate it. such a beautiful day out. will do my groceries and go to the gym when the sun sets a little.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:00 pm

lauly lauly lauly. can't wait for the sequel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:49 am

Just felt like watching a Rajini song..after a long time..No idea who the actress is...like her sarees and blouses! And lots of bangles..adorning just one hand:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:59 am

hmm, the singer is Lata M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 am

Really? Thanks Tracy.

Apparently the actress is Nayantara..She looked different in this song..could not recognize her (only watched parts of Chandramukhi!)

This is a lovely song..with Dhanush and Nayantara..interesting to see FIL and SIL romantically interested in the same lady (for artsake of course!)

*More bangles:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:14 am

Maria S wrote:
Just felt like watching a Rajini song..after a long time..No idea who the actress is...like her sarees and blouses! And lots of bangles..adorning just one hand:)

love the song M akka. here, for you. the spinning instructor started of with belinda carlisle and finished with i drove all night...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:27 am

(sorry maria for hijacking your convo. -- you can post again about rajni)

for those intested: making of womaniya.

this is anurag kashyap's dream movie (and perhaps his best so far). i've watched it twice already and i think i will watch it once more. i am certain (whole of) gorakhpur is singing and dancing to the tunes of this flick these days. congrats gorakhpur!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 am

Thank you very much ma..I:)

Both songs are very nice! Have not heard "I drove all night" before..I like Belinda and Celine songs.

So you are into Spinning?..All I am into these days is head spinning:)

HK,

You can certainly interrupt the Rajini conversation- well, it's not all about him..we started with him,. but quickly moved away!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:56 pm

i am obsessed with this song. there are some vulgar but phunny gaalis in it, lol. the tune is bindaas. o womaniya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:55 am

tani dholak badan matka chamach lava re bhaiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:56 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:tani dholak badan maandar (mandira?) matka chamach lava re bhaiya

http://www.bollymeaning.com/2012/05/jiya-ho-bihar-ke-lala-lyrics.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:32 am

OMG sneha khanwalkar, are you tripping!!! the soundtrack for GOW 2 is out: http://gaana.com/#!/albums/gangs-of-wasseypur-2

she incorporates contemporary trends from the rest of the world and fuses it with bollywood music in a way not done before! no holds barred this time. KKL (keh ke lunga) beats the original hands down! that stalker-ish, banshee-ish voice in it is hers; ramadhir singh, you are in trouble, lol. KKL is set in dubstep i understand (new word i learnt today). moora (both versions) are sublime. taar bijli is superb. kaala rey (sung by her) is haunting. chicha ledar and aabroo are i-am-out-of-adjectives-with. aabroo is sung by piyush mishra! sneha you rock!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 am

add electric piya. should be #1 in my list above (but after KKL).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:52 am

tani neeke neeke bol pe geet sunawo re bhaiya
tani teekhe teekhe bol pe dhol bajawo re bhaiya
tani thaal utha kar taal pe taal girawo re bhaiya
tani dholak maandar matka chammach laawo re bhaiya
tani okka bokkaaaaa
tani chandan maati, chowka-kaathi
tani okka bokkaaaaa teen tadoka gaawo re bhaiya
tani chandan maati, chowka-kaathi laawo re bhaiya
tani saans phula ke
tani saans phula ke, phoonk se dhool udavo re bhaiya
tani jaan laga ke
tani jaan lagfa ke
tani jaan jala ke geet ko tel pilava re bhaiya...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ha bhai varun ka geet likhale bara
ka bol ba, hamar chaathi chaudh gayel
tu bihar aava, tab hum tohra ke gulab ke mala pehnayeb
aur saath hee disco dikhayeb, litti chokha khilayeb
jiya ho punjab ke lala
jiya tu hazaar salaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 am

rofl @ aabroo lyrics in qawwali fast forward mode:

Toh ruk…

Sand ban ke nache-ga, sarey aam tuu..

Bhaand ban ke muhaley mein chaa jayega.

Hum to duryodhan ke poot, saath mein raavan ke chele

Hum to bhari-putna surpanakha ki godon mein khele

hum to aise hain chandal cheer ke kutta khate hain

hum to aise teer-andaj aadmi ain chabate hain

hum to shakuni hain, hum kansraj hain kulta shulta neech

hum toh narbhakshi hain, gaay bhains ka chara khaan ley kheench

arey hum maar tamancha, bail pe nikley, bail bech aaye

hum to kirkit ka balla chodo hum khel bech aaye.

Haaji maula Haaji maula Haaji maula, Haaji maula Haaji maula..

http://moifightclub.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/gangs-of-wasseypur-2-songs-w-lyrics/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: Hum to bhari-putna surpanakha ki godon mein khele
"hari-putna." error in internet lyrics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:21 am

i wonder why this thread's subject line is "what are you listening to right now?" there's a certain rude urgency in that Q. why not "what are you listening to?" or "what have you been listening to lately?"

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 am

you make a good point. i'll send a note to akka and he can add this to the queue of things he must do when he logs in next. thanks!

"what are you listening to?" sounds good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:43 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:you make a good point. i'll send a note to akka and he can add this to the queue of things he must do when he logs in next. thanks!

"what are you listening to?" sounds good.
100 times:

the akka

the akka

the akka

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:39 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
ha bhai varun ka geet likhale bara
ka bol ba, hamar chaathi chaudh gayel
tu bihar aava, tab hum tohra ke gulab ke mala pehnayeb
aur saath hee disco dikhayeb, litti chokha khilayeb
jiya ho punjab ke lala
jiya tu hazaar salaa

http://bit.ly/Nh0vBW

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:45 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i wonder why this thread's subject line is "what are you listening to right now?" there's a certain rude urgency in that Q. why not "what are you listening to?" or "what have you been listening to lately?"

Vot to do, Unkil? Some of us live in the present. Hence the rude urgency. But never mind us. You're free to post what you listened to lately ie 30 years ago on those gramaphone records. We won't laugh. Promise.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:04 am

ROFL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:30 am

tani saans phula ke, phoonk se dhool udavo re bhaiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 am

found mention of this song while rummaging through my diaries today. sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 pm

amusing anecdote by jagjit singh in the song (as an interruption):

"mukarar" pe mujhe ek lateefa yaad aa gya hai. isi tarah ek gana chal raha tha stage(?) pe. to ek sher pe mukarar ki awaaz aayi. to fir sher dubara padh diya gaya. uske baad fir mukarar ki awaaz aayi to gane wale ne fir dubara sher padha. uske baad fir mukarar ki awaaz aayi. to gane wale ne teesra dafa fir padha. lekin fir mukarar ki awaaz aayi. to gaane wala bolta hai ki sahab mujhe agla sher bhi padhne dejiye abhi. to audience me se awaaz aati hai ki jab tak aap isko sur me nahin padhengey hum mukarar hee bolte rahenge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:15 pm

it is painful to read ghalib’s ghazals. It is more painful to hear them sung in a plaintive voice by jagjit and chitra singh. tonight I decided to revisit some – tomorrow I won’t, rather never.

i also searched my diaries when listening to it (for I recalled I had made an entry). here is the entry I had made when reading or/and listening to it for the first time:

ishqq mujh ko nahee, wahsat hi sahi,
meri wahsat teri shorat hi sahi.

- ghalib

I want this couplet engraved in gold on my copy of orpheus and eurydice’s love-story, in shining gold, on the first page that beholds the eye when it's hardcover is peeled away. And the fool that I am, I will run my blind fingers over the letters of this engraving, trying to feel it's words, and forever procrastinating the reading of the book to yet another tomorrow.

there is no consummation in ghalib and in bahadur shah, mir taqi, momin, and the biraadri. there is only yearning, longing, succumbing to the heart and half-drawn arrows. mirza sahib to kothe kothe ke chakkar katte rehte hain, pata nahin unhe kaheen sakoon kyun nahin milta? jab ki kothi mein, her shaam, bibji unkee rah dekhtee rehtee hain, whispers a woman pinching another. begum sahiba is a devout, pious muslim of aristocracy.

kaash ghalib ki tarah humein bhi apne aap se itni nafrat hotee
Kaash hum dhobi ke gadhey ki tarah na ghar ke na ghat ke na hotey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 Empty reminds me of hu

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:13 pm

maybe he'll translate the bangal part for us

also my current fav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:15 pm

this song reminds me of tw and bittu

always makes me lol yes, i mean laugh out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:21 pm

reminds me of tappu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:36 am

seven wrote:maybe he'll translate the bangal part for us

also my current fav

ami kothai dekhechi eto sundor meye amar ekdom money neyi
(where have i seen such a beautiful girl...i simply can't recollect)
kothai dekhechi eto sundor meye amar money neyi
(same as above)
ogo bhagwan[?] amar pran bookey theke niye nao
(o god [sigh] take my soul out of my body)
duniya mein action...[something]...kee bolbe
(can't understand this line)
kichu mone koro na go ami chup chaap boshe thakbo ekhane
(don't mind...i will just sit here quietly)

good song. thanks for posting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:36 am

oh thank you hu!
now i'll enjoy it even more

if you liked that then you'll like this too

all the songs from with love from sydney are my fav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:00 am

love this song (naino ne naino se). Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:54 am

seven wrote:this song reminds me of tw and bittu

always makes me lol yes, i mean laugh out loud

Wha?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 am

this is just a 1.5 min clip. but dude, this is some guitaring by david gilmour! been listening to it all day (possibly will tomorrow too).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 Empty Main Kya Karoon

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:39 pm

kya karoon main kya karoon is dil ka main kya karoon

my current fav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:40 am

goodbye v kurien.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:46 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:06 pm

ufff, lots of nostalgia with this song and its unforgettable MOVIE mehbooba. random musings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 am

(deleted spiegel im spiegel by anne meyers post -- decided i don't like it for it is faster paced)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next