Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bole re papi beautiful rendition

4 posters

Go down

Bole re papi beautiful rendition Empty Bole re papi beautiful rendition

Post by Obnoxious Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 am

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Bole re papi beautiful rendition Empty Re: Bole re papi beautiful rendition

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:47 am

oh I thought u posted the movie song... loved that one and the movie too.

edit: Apologize in advance for posting the movie version Very Happy (thot it was done by lata, but it's done by vani jairam)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 am

Obnoxious wrote:

The song that hooked me onto hindi songs...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:36 am

yes the paluskar khayal version beats the pants off of the shrilly film version. did not know there was a classical version by DVP in miyan malhar raga. i liked the film version except for the singer's shrillness. thanks for posting.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 am

Shrilled voice? somebody is kidding here. it was Vani Jayaram's first film song. She is a great classical musician, trained extensively in both carnatic and hindustani classical music. i think vasanth desai was the music director. 
Vani Jayaram indicated in an interview that Lata Mangeshkar crushed her career in bollywood.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:47 am

Kinnera wrote:Shrilled voice? somebody is kidding here. it was Vani Jayaram's first film song. She is a great classical musician, trained extensively in both carnatic and hindustani classical music. i think vasanth desai was the music director. 
Vani Jayaram indicated in an interview that Lata Mangeshkar crushed her career in bollywood.

most indian female playback singers with rare exceptions have syrupy shrill voices.  there are rare exceptions, but they don't do well at the box office.  can't blame the producers, this is what the public want.

here is an example of a female voice that i absolute love (http://music.raag.fm/Hindustani_Instrumental/songs-17856-The_Sanctity_Of_Parampara-Manik_Bhide).

this example is from classical music, but i wish there were more voices like this in film music.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:50 am

the album i posted is by manik bhide, the mother of the more popular ashwini bhide. i like the mother's voice more.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:53 am

whatever your examples, i think Vani Jayaram is a great singer and she sang that song beautifully. That song is still popular, even after so many decades. It's always a pleasure to listen to that song. 

Any art doesn't become inferior automatically when it is 'filmy'. Blessed are the simple ones who don't let such labels come in the way of their enjoyment.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 am

Kinnera wrote:

Any art doesn't become inferior automatically when it is 'filmy'. Blessed are the simple ones who don't let such labels come in the way of their enjoyment.

i didn't say that and it is not my opinion. you are saying that. i do enjoy film music.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:30 am

to add to what i said earlier -- i have never dissed film music. i and many of my friends who were drawn to HM and CM as adults were brought to that point by film music. indian movie music has always drawn heavily from classical music. it is easy to appreciate and is a springboard for appreciation of indian classical music. film music is india's modern folk music.  it is my opinion that classical music around the world, came about by refining and codifying folk music. folk music is the original source material. so there is no question of dissing it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Shrilled voice? somebody is kidding here. it was Vani Jayaram's first film song. She is a great classical musician, trained extensively in both carnatic and hindustani classical music. i think vasanth desai was the music director. 

most indian female playback singers with rare exceptions have syrupy shrill voices.  there are rare exceptions, but they don't do well at the box office.  can't blame the producers, this is what the public want.

here is an example of a female voice that i absolute love (http://music.raag.fm/Hindustani_Instrumental/songs-17856-The_Sanctity_Of_Parampara-Manik_Bhide).

this example is from classical music, but i wish there were more voices like this in film music.
The only non shrill successful voice I can think of is Suseela's.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:to add to what i said earlier -- i have never dissed film music. i and many of my friends who were drawn to HM and CM as adults were brought to that point by film music. indian movie music has always drawn heavily from classical music. it is easy to appreciate and is a springboard for appreciation of indian classical music. film music is india's modern folk music.  it is my opinion that classical music around the world, came about by refining and codifying folk music. folk music is the original source material. so there is no question of dissing it.

and people think that I am being too negative...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Here's an interesting blog on our very own Sulekha

http://creative.sulekha.com/monsoon-miyan-ki-malhar-and-bole-re-papihara-dedicated-to-my-utterances_426672_blog

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:57 pm

one of the first HM pieces i listened to:

there is a rich mythology associated with ICM, one of which is that the singing of certain ragas, miyan malhar in HM and amrutavarshini in CM is supposed to bring down thunder and rain. this canonical miyan malhar by bhimsen (same raga that bol re papi is based on) seems certainly capable of bringing thunder and rain.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Kinnera wrote:Here's an interesting blog on our very own Sulekha

http://creative.sulekha.com/monsoon-miyan-ki-malhar-and-bole-re-papihara-dedicated-to-my-utterances_426672_blog

Thanks for posting! I really liked Runa Laila's version.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:13 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Obnoxious wrote:

The song that hooked me onto hindi songs...

Are you sure of that and it wasn't the following?

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:22 am

one of my favorite old time hindi songs based in classical music, raga sohini to be more precise:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down