Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delhi Girls

+9
b_A
Kris
bw
TruthSeeker
swapna
pravalika nanda
Seva Lamberdar
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
13 posters

Go down

Delhi Girls Empty Delhi Girls

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:56 am

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Delhi Girls Empty Re: Delhi Girls

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 am

http://www.storypick.com/every-delhi-girl-response/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:26 pm

LS = lady shriram?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:LS = lady shriram?

I think low status or standard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:44 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:LS = lady shriram?

I think low status or standard.

If you are a LS grad your social value is already up by about 10 pts. (%), as I heard.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:07 pm

my sis is married to a guy from delhi. i was going to visit then one day and they told me to bring along my western clothes and my louis vuitton bag. that's when i realized i did not own one such bag.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:13 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:my sis is married to a guy from delhi. i was going to visit then one day and they told me to bring along my western clothes and my louis vuitton bag. that's when i realized i did not own one such bag.

I don't own one either... I wonder who on such owns them. Maybe mainstreet does. People here say mainstreet is your creation. So, do you think MS owns the bag.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:15 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:my sis is married to a guy from delhi. i was going to visit then one day and they told me to bring along my western clothes and my louis vuitton bag. that's when i realized i did not own one such bag.

why?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:22 pm

swapna wrote:

why?

guessing some theme party.

PS: I know you asked that q to PN, but I can quote u still.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:55 pm

Would your sister and her "delhi husband" refuse to acknowledge you if you wore indian clothes to their party?

do you and your relatives admire madhulika for rising above telugu behenjeedom, shunning men from guNTur and kurnool, and marrying someone from delhi?

regardless, it's time you stopped wearing those glittering lehngas, and drenching yourself in enough perfume to fell a healthy horse twenty feet away. you can't blame the recently upgraded madhulika for worrying that you would.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:06 pm

swapna wrote:

Would your sister and her "delhi husband" refuse to acknowledge you if you wore indian clothes to their party?

do you and your relatives admire madhulika for rising above telugu behenjeedom, shunning men from guNTur and kurnool, and marrying someone from delhi?

regardless, it's time you stopped wearing those glittering lehngas, and drenching yourself in enough perfume to fell a healthy horse twenty feet away. you can't blame the recently upgraded madhulika for worrying that you would.

yeah, they wanted me to be fashionable and western-looking. they wanted the anglo-indian look.

no, it's not madhu. basically my mom's younger sister is married to my dad's younger brother, and the kids (we) grew up together, so actually it's my cousin who is married to the delhi guy but we don't think of each other as cousins cuz we literally all look alike. yes, flamman, that's how the cookie crumbles. digest that.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:18 pm

what is pe(A?)ri pona?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what is pe(A?)ri pona?

Pairi pauna. Punju for touching feet(as a verbal substitute for actually doing it)
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
swapna wrote:

why?

what theme could that be? a western theme? in the u.s.? masquerade as an american?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:29 pm

swapna wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
swapna wrote:

why?

what theme could that be? a western theme? in the u.s.? masquerade as an american?

well desis in america, there is always confusion. sari, salwar suit, or a kurti-leggings - which most do when in confusion. Hence sometimes people tell in advance what to wear. Dunno the deal about the bag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:45 pm

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=webhp&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=E9j7U9L-LamD8QG1wYDIBQ&q=western+clothes+for+women
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:00 pm

In a very bad taste, HA. Delhi girls?

Pure prejudice.

Should I find videos on AP and TN girls now, to feed such prejudice?

Forget IIT or Lady Hardinge Medical College, but even St Stephens or Hindu or LSR in Delhi, produces girls, who do NOT boast about their boy-friends driving BMWs, but they themselves do! (a rare breed of women in India)

If I post a video of 3 AP women cleaning shyt in AP or TN, will that make any point?

Respect women.

A Delhite, with 3 sisters who went to colleges named above!

Thanks for removing your prejudice,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:In a very bad taste, HA. Delhi girls?

Pure prejudice.

Should I find videos on AP and TN girls now, to feed such prejudice?

Forget IIT or Lady Hardinge Medical College, but even St Stephens or Hindu or LSR in Delhi, produces girls, who do NOT boast about their boy-friends driving BMWs, but they themselves do! (a rare breed of women in India)

If I post a video of 3 AP women cleaning shyt in AP or TN, will that make any point?

Respect women.

A Delhite, with 3 sisters who went to colleges named above!

Thanks for removing your prejudice,
TS.

i agree with you, TS. that was a lame video.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Its a video of any lame ass girl who has scored 34% in her high school exams. Such women are everywhere. Including the high school next to my home. It is more of a joke on a "mindset" than a "region".

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:19 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

yeah, they wanted me to be fashionable and western-looking. they wanted the anglo-indian look.

no, it's not madhu. basically my mom's younger sister is married to my dad's younger brother, and the kids (we) grew up together, so actually it's my cousin who is married to the delhi guy but we don't think of each other as cousins cuz we literally all look alike. yes, flamman, that's how the cookie crumbles. digest that.

this is fascinating. are you all part of some hindu cult? moreover, this information raises other interesting questions, for example, was there... ah... er... cross pollination? and does each "cousin" know who her parents are? did all this take place in the u.s.? utah? does
the delhi fella have a brother who's about your age?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:22 pm

swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

this is fascinating. are you all part of some hindu cult? moreover, this information raises other interesting questions, for example, was there... ah... er... cross pollination? and does each "cousin" know who her parents are? did all this take place in the u.s.? utah? does

u r disgusting

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:29 pm

swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

brothers marrying sisters is not that uncommon.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:35 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

>>> Does that mean an anglicized Indian or someone from the "Anglo Indian" community? There used to be a community not far from where we lived. They had English names and some were fair complexioned even with light  eyes, but they didn't seem to a high living standard or be able to afford expensive clothes. Many worked in the railways. One of my distant cousins married an AI (or maybe she was goanese). My aunt kept saying he had married an English girl, but then she used this terminology for anyone not fully Indian.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:35 pm

swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

Don't get too excited you evil loser.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:36 pm

swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

You seem to have severe comprehension issues. Maybe your brain cells are going dead with age. Read what she wrote again.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

>>> Does that mean an anglicized Indian or someone from the "Anglo Indian" community? There used to be a community not far from where we lived. They had English names and some were fair complexioned even with light  eyes, but they didn't seem to a high living standard or be able to afford expensive clothes. Many worked in the railways. One of my distant cousins married an AI (or maybe she was goanese). My aunt kept saying he had married an English girl, but then she used this terminology for anyone not fully Indian.

i started watching the movie "trikal" by benegal. it is about a christian family in goa and all the women are wearing "western" outfits. they are luso indians, i guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trikal

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:52 pm

bw wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

i started watching the movie "trikal" by benegal. it is about a christian family in goa and all the women are wearing "western" outfits. they are luso indians, i guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trikal

Luso Indians are Goanese? I haven't heard that term before. I think among Mangaloreans there is still an ancestral  caste sense among the Catholics. I used to think they were the same community, but there seems to be a difference in terms of the folks of mixed ancestry versus the ones who are of Indian origin.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Kris wrote:
Luso Indians are Goanese? I haven't heard that term before. I think among Mangaloreans there is still an ancestral  caste sense among the Catholics. I used to think they were the same community, but there seems to be a difference in terms of the folks of mixed ancestry versus the ones who are of Indian origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luso-Indian

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:06 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Pairi pauna. Punju for touching feet(as a verbal substitute for actually doing it)

thanks for that explanation. did you look it up or did you know? it's certainly not something i've come across. what about "bonk"? she says she's switched on the speaker phone mode, so the person at the other end should "bonk". i tried looking that up to no avail.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:11 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

thanks for that explanation. did you look it up or did you know? it's certainly not something i've come across. what about "bonk"? she says she's switched on the speaker phone mode, so the person at the other end should "bonk". i tried looking that up to no avail.

I've been in Chandigarh. That's when I heard the term.

Not bonk. Baunkh = bark
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm

lol @ bonk 

paaelagu kaka 

bonk lololol

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 pm

thanks HA. seven -- one last q. what does it mean to "sheesha marna"? is she inviting her friend to a hookah party?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:40 pm

idk

maybe it means to look in the mirror..

punjabi haryanvi himachli mein aisa kehte hain-- yaar sheesha shusha maar le...baal bool sat(set) kaar le

Last edited by seven on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

pravalika apparently doesn't know what "anglo-indian" means; she meant a westernized indian (woman), probably wearing a miniskirt and showing a little dark thigh.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

I dont like their faces.....just saying...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

pravalika apparently doesn't know what "anglo-indian" means; she meant an indian woman wearing western clothes, probably a miniskirt that exposes a little dark thigh.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:55 pm

swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

Endhaa ammaachi...indhanE yendhaa paraiyum nee? ningale syrian christian family marriage ayinde athE maadhiriyaakum indhe vivaaham... NingalE deivam jesu thanthai yarunnu pariyandE...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:58 pm

Marathawdi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I dont like their faces.....just saying...

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
swapna wrote:

Endhaa ammaachi...indhanE  yendhaa paraiyum nee? ningale syrian christian family marriage ayinde  athE maadhiriyaakum indhe vivaaham... NingalE deivam jesu thanthai yarunnu pariyandE...

hahaha! gowNDerae, vaa(y) aDakku.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:31 am

that's an inauthentic parody; it sounds terribly contrived; the "yaar" is consistently poorly executed. any recorded conversation with a real haryanvi living in delhi would have been equally full of braggadocio, authentic, and more enjoyable.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:31 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

bhaunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 am

that accents put me on tilt

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:that accents put me on tilt

"that accents?"

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:08 am

swapna wrote:

"that accents?"

good job. now here, take this quarter and go buy yourself a snack or something

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:16 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:

"that accents?"

regardless, what does "that accents" mean? if it was an error, please correct it.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:46 am

michelle2 wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:

"that accents?"

regardless, what does "that accents" mean? if it was an error, please correct it.

that's so uncharacteristic of you. usually *you* tell people what they mean in their posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:55 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
michelle2 wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:

"that accents?"

that's so uncharacteristic of you. usually *you* tell people what they mean in their posts.

get back to work, woman!

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down