Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting observation - changing views

Go down

Interesting observation - changing views Empty Interesting observation - changing views

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:42 am

I always thought Indians are Indians and ABCD kids slowly isolate themselves and stay in their own clan once past high school.

I noticed several grown up desi girls and guys - working and/or in professional schools; married or single - get back with their past non-desi friends and with their spouses/fiances. The ABCD & partners are treated by their white/asian counterparts just like themselves.

I met a very intelligent blonde the other day at work and started talking.  She had gone to high school here 10, 15 yrs ago. I threw some names and her face lighted up and said she went to school with them, and she is touch with many some of them and meets them often (she is married with a kid). Another thing is they all make it a point to call up their friends and have breakfast/lunch in any town they visit - does not matter if the friend is Vietnamese, Chinese, ABCD or white.

Perhaps, this may not be the case in mega cities. The number of Indian kids is not too great - usually about 5 to 6 in any class, and due to this they don't just hang out among themselves.

My study is in progress...and I am convinced this Kansas has one of the best WHOLESOME school systems in the country - something must have gone wrong somewhere in Kansas.

I read a recent survey that Kansas had the 8th best system in the country and 3rd safest - only state to have been ranked in both categories in single-digit.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Interesting observation - changing views Empty Re: Interesting observation - changing views

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:52 am

"very intelligent blonde"

are you trying to say something there?

Back to top Go down

Interesting observation - changing views Empty Re: Interesting observation - changing views

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:55 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:"very intelligent blonde"

are you trying to say something there?

Yep...of course... the ratio of intelligent blonde to intelligent non-blondes is "obviously" low. But, that is a whole different study in progress...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down