Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th test - Can India meet the expectations

4 posters

Go down

4th test - Can India meet the expectations Empty 4th test - Can India meet the expectations

Post by truthbetold Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:20 pm

The universally accepted expectation is that India will lose 4-0. Can Indian meet that expectation? What can India to do make the outcome even more humiliating?

Following come to mind:

1. Beating their historic low of 42 in an inning.

2. Not even taking a single England wicket.

3. Ten fielders on the field since Sachin wants to rest for future series.

Question:

If Sachin scores a 100 in the final test would you consider that having any cricketing value?

Since there is nothing more to prove in this series, India should rest Sachin and Dravid. The team should be Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Raina, Laxman, Dhoni, Ohja, RP singh, Praveen Kumar and Ishant Sharma.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

4th test - Can India meet the expectations Empty Re: 4th test - Can India meet the expectations

Post by nevada Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Losing in 3 days or less would add yet another feather to the cap of humiliation.
I agree, Sachin and Dravid should be rested. There is no point in fielding a "full strength" team for an inconsequential match. I think Sachin himself would feel bad about scoring a 100th hundred in the last match unless India wins the match.

nevada

Back to top Go down

4th test - Can India meet the expectations Empty Re: 4th test - Can India meet the expectations

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 pm

I am betting that SRT will score his 100th century - when it really matters, to avoid a 4-0 washout.

Then SRT, India, and the BCCI can claim victory.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:49 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I am betting that SRT will score his 100th century - when it really matters, to avoid a 4-0 washout.

Then SRT, India, and the BCCI can claim victory.

saar! if laxman does not play a foolish stroke in the final game and contributes to the game and if we win it, here's what you might say -

"VVS came good when others failed. make no mistake, although this series was lost, it was an important knock and a test match to win to prove to the world that IND is not a walkover. moreover, it puts a lot of pressure on ENG before the ODI series. hence this knock of his deserves 2 pages of TOI, 3 pages of The Hindu and a hearty congrats from resold cycle."

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down