Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandit Nehru ( writing in 1947): We have a great deal of evidence against the RSS

3 posters

Go down

Pandit Nehru ( writing in 1947): We have a great deal of evidence against the RSS Empty Pandit Nehru ( writing in 1947): We have a great deal of evidence against the RSS

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:51 am

Pandit Nehru ( writing in 1947): We have a great deal of evidence against the RSS Image25

The above is from this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Nation-Jawaharlal-Ministers-1947-1963-ebook/dp/B00NPZREMO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413784046&sr=8-1&keywords=Letters+for+a+nation+nehru

Back to top Go down

Pandit Nehru ( writing in 1947): We have a great deal of evidence against the RSS Empty Re: Pandit Nehru ( writing in 1947): We have a great deal of evidence against the RSS

Post by truthbetold Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Just a thought exercise. That was written in 1947. 
Check what happened between 1947 and 2014.
How armed insurrections did rss lead ?
Has India remained a democracy in the last 67 years?
Jan sangh and bjp won many state assembly elections during the past 67 years. Bjp ran the country for 6 years in recent past.
Now bjp won the right to run the country again in a democratic way. 
The only time India came close to autocracy is in 1975 under nehru's own party rule and under his own daughter's govt. interestingly rss was one of the elements that fought for democracy during emergency.
I am no fan of rss and have no illusions about its motives . But one must be objective to learn from history.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Pandit Nehru ( writing in 1947): We have a great deal of evidence against the RSS Empty Re: Pandit Nehru ( writing in 1947): We have a great deal of evidence against the RSS

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:23 pm

truthbetold wrote:Just a thought exercise. That was written in 1947. 
Jan sangh and bjp won many state assembly elections during the past 67 years. Bjp ran the country for 6 years in recent past.
The only time India came close to autocracy is in 1975 under nehru's own party rule and under his own daughter's govt. interestingly rss was one of the elements that fought for democracy during emergency.
I am no fan of rss and have no illusions about its motives . But one must be objective to learn from history.

I disagree with all your claims. Let me deal with one of them--that RSS fought for democracy during emergency. This is an extract from an article written by A G Noorani:

In contrast to Golwalkar’s letters to Nehru, Balasaheb Deoras’ missives to Indira Gandhi during the Emergency were cringing: “I have heard the speech you delivered on August 15, 1975, from the Red Fort, Delhi on AIR. The speech was balanced and befitting to the occasion and has prompted me to write this letter to you,” he wrote on August 22. He concluded: “I beseech you to rescind the ban imposed upon the RSS.”

Deoras wrote to Indira Gandhi again on July 16, praising her foreign policy and renewing his plea on the ban. Both letters were ignored. Deoras’ letters to S.B. Chavan were as abject. He wrote on July 15, 1975: “The Sangh has done nothing against the government or society even remotely. There is no place for such things in the Sangh’s programme. The Sangh is engaged only in social and cultural activities.”

He wrote to Chavan again on November 24, 1975, December 12, 1975, and January 24, 1976. On June 6, 1976, he even asked Chavan for “release on parole with a view to clarifying certain issues directly to you”. The entreaty was repeated on July 12, 1976. None of the letters elicited a reply.

http://www.frontline.in/static/html/fl2701/stories/19930326052.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Rashmun wrote:

I disagree with all your claims. Let me deal with one of them--that RSS fought for democracy during emergency. This is an extract from an article written by A G Noorani:

In contrast to Golwalkar’s letters to Nehru, Balasaheb Deoras’ missives to Indira Gandhi during the Emergency were cringing: “I have heard the speech you delivered on August 15, 1975, from the Red Fort, Delhi on AIR. The speech was balanced and befitting to the occasion and has prompted me to write this letter to you,” he wrote on August 22. He concluded: “I beseech you to rescind the ban imposed upon the RSS.”

Deoras wrote to Indira Gandhi again on July 16, praising her foreign policy and renewing his plea on the ban. Both letters were ignored. Deoras’ letters to S.B. Chavan were as abject. He wrote on July 15, 1975: “The Sangh has done nothing against the government or society even remotely. There is no place for such things in the Sangh’s programme. The Sangh is engaged only in social and cultural activities.”

He wrote to Chavan again on November 24, 1975, December 12, 1975, and January 24, 1976. On June 6, 1976, he even asked Chavan for “release on parole with a view to clarifying certain issues directly to you”. The entreaty was repeated on July 12, 1976. None of the letters elicited a reply.

Subramanian Swamy endorses this point that RSS never fought for democracy during emergency:

FOR TWO distinct reasons, it is ludicrous for the BJP to declare that it will hold meetings to remember the declaration of Emergency, whose 25th anniversary falls on June 26 this year. For one, during that 1975-77 period, most of the leaders of the BJP/RSS had betrayed the struggle against the Emergency. It is on the record in the Maharashtra Assembly proceedings that the then RSS chief, Balasaheb Deoras, wrote several apology letters to Indira Gandhi from inside the Yerawada jail in Pune disassociating the RSS from the JP-led movement and offering to work for the infamous 20-point programme. She did not reply to any of his letters. Mr. Atal Behari Vajpayee also wrote apology letters to Indira Gandhi, and she had obliged him. In fact for most of the 20-month Emergency, Mr. Vajpayee was out on parole after having given a written assurance that he would not participate in any programmes against the Government. The vivid description of other erstwhile Jana Sangh worthies who chose to walk out of prison on promise of good behaviour is given in a book written by the Akali leader, Mr. Surjit Singh Barnala.

http://www.thehindu.com/2000/06/13/stories/05132524.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:50 am

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Modi-Jaitley-recall-dark-days-of-Emergency/articleshow/37287248.cms

Rash
You are a willful distorter of facts. So no point in wasting my time. But just to demonstrate that there is ample evidence to support rss role in fighting emergency I posted the above link.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 am

truthbetold wrote:http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Modi-Jaitley-recall-dark-days-of-Emergency/articleshow/37287248.cms

Rash
You are a willful distorter of facts. So no point in wasting my time. But just to demonstrate that there is ample evidence to support rss role in fighting emergency I posted the above link.

Modi and Jaitley can say what they want but there is documentary evidence of the then RSS chief Balasaheb Deoras writing cringing letters of apology to Indra Gandhi from jail and promising to behave in future if released. Deoras also offered to personally work on the 20 point program that Indra Gandhi had promulgated during emergency. Further Vajpayee also wrote letters of apology to Indra during this time. It is well known that RSS leaders used to hail her as an incarnation of Goddess Durga for the role she played during the 1971 war.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 am

Doeras is a darpuk. 
More rss members were arrested during emergency than other organization during emergency.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:19 am

Nice analysis of the last 67 years.

The history of past 67 years is a good enough story.

In 67 years RSS did not run death camps OR break the country OR curb democracy.
In 67 years Cong did it once in 1975.

Every decade since independence there have been groups creating monsters out of RSS, but despite thousands of supporters, RSS is mostly projected to be one.

Nehru was so wrong.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 am

truthbetold wrote:http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Modi-Jaitley-recall-dark-days-of-Emergency/articleshow/37287248.cms

Rash

Cut/paste vomit Al-Akbari tailors the content to suit his biased "thinking".

I have had family members jailed during emergency and were put alongside DMK walas. Not surprisingly the RSS guys hardly criticize DMK guys for the help and coordination offered by the DMK during the period. We had to cross 3 to 4 layers of informers to talk to the family members.

The correct statement should be "RSS guys were hunted down by Indira" for the simple reason of protecting her family power interests.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:39 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Rash

Cut/paste vomit Al-Akbari tailors the content to suit his biased "thinking".

I have had family members jailed during emergency and were put alongside DMK walas. Not surprisingly the RSS guys hardly criticize DMK guys for the help and coordination offered by the DMK during the period. We had to cross 3 to 4 layers of informers to talk to the family members.

The correct statement should be "RSS guys were hunted down by Indira" for the simple reason of protecting her family power interests.

many people were being put in jail during the emergency. big deal if some of them were RSS guys. Meanwhile, this is what the then RSS Chief Balasaheb Deoras did during the emergency--he went ahead and groveled before Indra Gandhi in a cowardly fashion, but to no avail:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down