Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comrade Modiji

Go down

Comrade Modiji Empty Comrade Modiji

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:30 am

is sticking with the state owned media only...

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Comrade Modiji Empty Re: Comrade Modiji

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:47 am

where and why and why not? 

i am a bit tired of fruitlessly arguing with you and if you don't enter into an argument with me soon then the sky will fall on our heads.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:19 pm

madrasi_idiot wrote:where and why and why not? 

i am a bit tired of fruitlessly arguing with you and if you don't enter into an argument with me soon then the sky will fall on our heads.
There is nothing to argue or debate over this. This has been his modus operandi; he only operates through his party IT shop or AIR/Doordarshan, deliberately sidelining Mainstream media. As I said a few weeks ago, he got to be one of the insecure(st) dudes who is in the mold of autocrats.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:26 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
madrasi_idiot wrote:where and why and why not? 

There is nothing to argue or debate over this. This has been his modus operandi; he only operates through his party IT shop or AIR/Doordarshan, deliberately sidelining Mainstream media. As I said a few weeks ago, he got to be one of the insecure(st) dudes who is in the mold of autocrats.

OK. (not the full stop after the OK.) OK.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Modi avoiding tough questions?
Information and broadcasting minister Prakash Javadekar said Modi's preference for the public broadcaster was not an attempt to suppress information or limit access.

"I think everyone must welcome it. He has not banned anybody, his programmes are telecast live, practically on all channels, so where is the issue? There is no denying somebody access."

"There is complete freedom in our regime," he told reporters.
Now, for the first time, an Indian prime minister has a direct link to voters' living rooms in his home.

Last month, the state broadcaster set up a recording studio at Modi's official residence where he will record "Man ki Baat", his regular address to the nation on AIR that debuted earlier in October.

Doordarshan has been contracted to build a television studio at Modi's residence so his talk can be televised as well, according to an engineer working on the project.

Separately, the government has sent a letter asking ministries to engage more with the publicly funded broadcaster, according to the India Today news website, and has given its journalists coveted spots in a significantly reduced press corps that travels with the prime minister overseas.

Modi sat through an interview with Reuters last year, dismissing concerns about his style of management and saying that he welcomed criticism because "the strength of democracy lies in criticism".

Since taking office Modi has not given an interview to the Indian media, though he has spoken with foreign news outlets ahead of trips abroad.
http://www.firstpost.com/politics/modi-avoiding-tough-questions-heres-why-he-chooses-state-media-not-private-news-1765069.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down