Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another week

+2
confuzzled dude
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

another week Empty another week

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:29 pm

and another NRA enabled asshole shoots up kids in school. wish they'd all just stand around in a circle and pop each other off instead of inflicting their fucked up crap for brains on us.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

another week Empty Re: another week

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:35 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/us/california-officers-shot/index.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 pm

http://tinyurl.com/TwoSidesToCoin

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:44 am

fortunately the dad who is the owner of the weapon is alive unlike the newtown case. i hope he gets castrated or at the very least loses his testicles along with every penny he owns and serves a long jail term. we'll see. i'd like to see a vigorous prosecution.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:51 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:fortunately the dad who is the owner of the weapon is alive unlike the newtown case. i hope he gets castrated or at the very least loses his testicles along with every penny he owns and serves a long jail term. we'll see. i'd like to see a vigorous prosecution.

The father owned the weapon ? So ?????

Nothing will happen. can happen.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Just like anti-cigarette lobbyists fought and won against cigarette use, why cannot state/govt/orgs file law suit against gun manufacturers for the cost on dealing with such crimes? And increase the cost of gun ownership by multiple fold (similar to cigarettes). Put more tax on gun ownership and yearly renewal/fees etc? IT is all in the $ and beat the $ with tax on it.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:06 pm

change the laws such that it is easy to prosecute negligent parents and relatives.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:11 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Nothing will happen. can happen.
That is right. Only $ talks. It is the Only and final decision maker.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:30 pm

FluteHolder wrote:Just like anti-cigarette lobbyists fought and won against cigarette use, why cannot state/govt/orgs file law suit against gun manufacturers for the cost on dealing with such crimes? And increase the cost of gun ownership by multiple fold (similar to cigarettes). Put more tax on gun ownership and yearly renewal/fees etc? IT is all in the $ and beat the $ with tax on it.

I like this idea, Flutie.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:58 pm

All cities with good schools/school districts have high property taxes. I donot want irresponsible gun owners live in my zipcodes/district. So any parent who is a gun owner pays huge tax for his gun and he is welcome to move to a different city/area if he likes his gun so much. So the initial access to gun by student is eliminated.

And also the schools should get declaration from parents every year whether they have guns at home or not.  And if the school is aware of a kid who's parent has gun/s can watch/monitor the kid/his behavior than cry over/react after the incident. 

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:07 pm

FluteHolder wrote:All cities with good schools/school districts have high property taxes. I donot want irresponsible gun owners live in my zipcodes/district. So any parent who is a gun owner pays huge tax for his gun and he is welcome to move to a different city/area if he likes his gun so much. So the initial access to gun by student is eliminated.

And also the schools should get declaration from parents every year whether they have guns at home or not.  And if the school is aware of a kid who's parent has gun/s can watch/monitor the kid/his behavior than cry over/react after the incident. 

I like this idea even better.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:26 am

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1398/4813/original.jpg

seems like just another garden variety gun-toting, homophobic little cozy family. why are we not surprised this sorry punk took his idiot father's gun and shot up people?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:23 am

they "why" question after every one of these incidents irritates the heck out of me. why he did it is irrelevant. as long as there are teenagers, there will be mental illness and violent impulses. the question that should be asked but isn't, is why a gun was so easily available to him.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:22 am

None of the suggestions by Flutie, MaxE, GC - noble it might sound - will/can happen.

Unlike Cigarette, guns are protected by second amendment (albeit the original purpose is long obsolete).

2. Any change in law has to be amended CONSTITUTIONALLY - means has to be passed by 2/3rd majority by Congress and Senate, and 2/3rd of the states (although there is no time limit for that).

Do you know when the constitution was amended and for what purpose? and how long it took for the states to ratify. Just check and you will be surprised.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:26 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:None of the suggestions by Flutie, MaxE, GC - noble it might sound - will/can happen.

Unlike Cigarette, guns are protected by second amendment (albeit the original purpose is long obsolete).

2. Any change in law has to be amended CONSTITUTIONALLY - means has to be passed by 2/3rd majority by Congress and Senate, and 2/3rd of the states (although there is no time limit for that).

Do you know when the constitution was amended and for what purpose? and how long it took for the states to ratify. Just check and you will be surprised.

i don't think the second amendment prohibits prosecuting negligent parents more vigorously. i don't see how parent negligence is covered by the second amendment. explain that to me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:36 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:None of the suggestions by Flutie, MaxE, GC - noble it might sound - will/can happen.

i don't think the second amendment prohibits prosecuting negligent parents more vigorously. i don't see how parent negligence is covered by the second amendment. explain that to me.

There is one practical/realistic way. In the US,most states have the habit of copying each other and that too the big states.

So California, NY, IL, MN, WI, CT, RI, MA OR, NM should pass "legislation" the rest of the states will follow suit in time. This will force migration of most skilled workers (most are likely to be anti-gun proponents) to migrate to these states. This is not any different from states prohibiting smoking from enclosures and gradually extending that ban to practically cover any and every building.

This is the most likely route.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:54 pm

According to the FBI, mass shootings (defined as shooting events that kill at least four people) occur on average every two weeks in the United States. Yes, every two weeks. Yet we rarely, if ever, hear about most of them.
For a country that is so single-mindedly obsessed with terrorism, it’s jaw-dropping that almost nobody recognizes that school shooters use the exact same strategies to disseminate fear and their twisted agendas throughout society. Terrorists use violence and mass media coverage to promote political or religious beliefs; school shooters use violence and mass media coverage to promote their personal grievances and glorification.
When we think of terrorists, we think of some alien “other” — the bearded, turbaned man hiding in some cave on the other side of the world. Because he’s so distant and different, we let him eat at our imagination — he could be anywhere, ready to strike at any moment, hiding in behind every bush, planting a bomb on every bus or plane. We clog our airports and blast warnings through our public buildings for some imagined bogeyman who is never actually present.

By contrast, we fail to spot shooter after shooter because they are so close to us and so much like us. We miss them because they are our neighbors, our classmates, our friends or even our family members. They are right in front of our noses and we ignore them for a whole host of trivial reasons. Maybe they’re too weird, or awkward, or they’re a loser. We don’t want to talk to them. We put our blinders on and pretend that they’re not miserable, we pretend that they didn’t just have that awkward outburst, we pretend they didn’t just make a joke about killing their own parents.

Eric Harris’ friends later said that he would often “joke” about blowing up the school and murdering classmates. Even after they discovered he was building bombs in his basement, they never put two-and-two together. They just couldn’t believe it. Not Eric. Not the guy they had played video games with and toilet papered girls’ houses with.

Meanwhile, the wrong sarcastic word at the airport and you can be held in jail for days.

An FBI study on school shooters found school shootings are never a result of a crazy person “snapping.” Most shooters do have serious mental health or emotional issues, but they all plan their attacks months or even years in advance. And as they plan, they almost always “leak” information about the attack beforehand, sometimes intentionally, and sometimes in incredibly obvious ways.
http://markmanson.net/school-shootings

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down