Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSS wants to correct history books...

+3
MaxEntropy_Man
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
7 posters

Go down

RSS wants to correct history books... Empty RSS wants to correct history books...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:10 am

MAX will appreciate this picture

http://www.firstpost.com/living/dear-rss-write-saffron-history-make-private-project-1781515.html

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

RSS wants to correct history books... Empty Re: RSS wants to correct history books...

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:50 am

I am sure, he supports Thapar's and Chandra's versions of Indian history because, whatever bias they may have, they use "scientific" methods.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

RSS wants to correct history books... Empty Re: RSS wants to correct history books...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:05 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I am sure, he supports Thapar's and Chandra's versions of Indian history because, whatever bias they may have, they use "scientific" methods.

he does not! his views on this matter are closest to my own. i dislike romila thapar having heard her speak once and also been subjected to CBSE history texts during a portion of my school education.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:07 pm

CBSE history books are biased afainst South India and Tamil Nadu. Either the history is ignored or falsified or incomplete leading to false informayion

CBSE history book contains 2 pages on anti-Hindi agitations in TN. It tells of students throwing stones, propert damage. It tells TN CM promising no Hindi imposition and still students throwing stones, There is no word that imported army and police shot students. No word that over 60 unarmed protesters shot and killed.

So the new generation of Tamils and Indians think of anti-Hindi agitatyions as meaningless and needless hooliganism although there is no Hindi imposition in 1965.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

MAX will appreciate this picture

http://www.firstpost.com/living/dear-rss-write-saffron-history-make-private-project-1781515.html

>>>Aren't there academic departments at universities and institutes which do independent research? I am leery of research funded by any political group with fixed ideas. Isn't the way to get to the truth independent pursuit of knowledge in an open environment that allows questioning and debate?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:CBSE history books are biased afainst South India and Tamil Nadu. Either the history is ignored or falsified or incomplete leading to false informayion

CBSE history book contains 2 pages on anti-Hindi agitations in TN. It tells of students throwing stones, propert damage. It tells TN CM promising no Hindi imposition and still students throwing stones, There is no word that imported army and police shot students. No word that over 60 unarmed protesters shot and killed.

So the new generation of Tamils and Indians think of anti-Hindi agitatyions as meaningless and needless hooliganism although there is no Hindi imposition in 1965.

Could you share those 2 pages verbatim here? If possible, the entire section related to anti Hindi protests and the aftermath. I'd rather read the exact text to make up my own mind about your claim that the history books are anti TN.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Go to this page
http://www.tamiltribune.com/hindi/

There search NCERT.

Click there you will find details about the book and page numbers.

Then search for the book. It was available on Internet. I do not know if still there

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Go to this page

There search NCERT.

Then search for the book. It was available on Internet. I do not know if still there

Thanks, I'll check it out.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Did you say "correct history books"?

Very Good

I too like correcting things.

PS: I did not read the article.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:19 pm

LOL KV, TamilTribune is my bible too. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Tamil Tribune has over 300 articles published during the past 15 years. Show me 3 factual errors in them. I will stop referring to it.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:04 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Go to this page

There search NCERT.

There is no search button available in Tamil Tribune to look up CBSE history on anti Hindi agitation. I didn't see any article written on it when I waded through stuff. If you make a claim I'd appreciate it if you also gave the exact link instead of asking me to go on a wild goose hunt.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:15 pm

The link I gave you take you to a Tamil Tribune page. Search for NCERT in that page. You can do that in any page using your browser.

That gives a link to a TT article. Glance throgh ot or read it. It gives you the title of the boomk and page numbers.

I read it more than a year ago. So I dont remember the book name. It was prepared for NCERT and used in CBSE

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down