Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why you should give Charvaka multiple negative votes

+7
Propagandhi711
MaxEntropy_Man
lurker
charvaka
Hellsangel
ashdoc
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why you should give Charvaka multiple negative votes - Page 2 Empty Re: Why you should give Charvaka multiple negative votes

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:27 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:i am going to continue using that forum whenever i wish to write blog posts. The reason is that posts written on that forum will not get buried after a few days. you need to cool down now.
lol!

Admin:

can you allow a poster to caste votes on an unlimited number of posts? As I read almost every post form everyone and I also post many, 20 is not sufficient for me.

I need to bless one and all and every post... Please give me an unlimited number of coupons...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Why you should give Charvaka multiple negative votes - Page 2 Empty Re: Why you should give Charvaka multiple negative votes

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:28 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
charvaka wrote:You used to even create two fake handles, and use one of them to praise the other.

lolll. when was this?

only on one occasion...
... were you caught doing it.

it was only harmless fun but you are free to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
charvaka wrote:You used to even create two fake handles, and use one of them to praise the other.

lolll. when was this?

only on one occasion...

it was only harmless fun but you are free to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Whatever YOU say/do is innocent mistake, harmless, fun... I guess all your abuse of family members, mothers and wives is also harmless fun.

oh, BTW, YOU are the one who makes a mountain out of a molehill when others do half of what you say/do.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

lolll. when was this?

only on one occasion...

Whatever YOU say/do is innocent mistake, harmless, fun... I guess all your abuse of family members, mothers and wives is also harmless fun.

oh, BTW, YOU are the one who makes a mountain out of a molehill when others do half of what you say/do.

--> if you go about proclaiming that 7 year old girls are ready for sex, then in my opinion it is a legitimate question to ask whether women in your family tend to lose their virginity at that age.

Uppili posted Re: Jayamala - A Woman of Loose Moral Character? on 5 yrs ago
The logic behind the restriction on 10-50 yr women is
that they are fertile and hence liable to indulge in physical relations -
hence a threat to celibate women....(correct me if I am wrong).Now, we
know that women can engage in sex even in their 80s and women can
indulge in sex as early as 7 or 8
... So the 10-50 yr rule is obsolete
and should be discarded with...Also, the idea that Lord Ayyappan does
not like women 10-50 coming to his temple is very similar to the Islamic
rule of not allowing women into many mosques or putting undue and
unfair restriction on their women...Traditions were created by men and
can be changed by men.In front of God, everyone is equal... PERIOD.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/jayamala-a-woman-of-loose-moral-character.htm#704465

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Irony alert
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:22 pm

charvaka wrote:

Irony alert

Tell that to Huzefa Kapasi, Max, Blabberwock, Silhouette, and Sublime who have all expressed their reservation about the negative voting feature on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Irony alert

Tell that to Huzefa Kapasi, Max, Blabberwock, Silhouette, and Sublime who have all expressed their reservation about the negative voting feature on this forum.

But when they call your posts/threads idiotic why do you not take them seriously ?

(Again) Irony alert.

P.S. SaamiYaar, and all the members (-6) of this forum are for unlimited voting rights

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:09 pm

i am not for limiting voting rights. i am actually indifferent to the feature. however, i am against taking away privileges or conferring privileges based on number of votes obtained.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Dear Satya Upadhyaji, I haven't seen anyone as whiny on you. And that too on a silly online forum.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Dear Satya Upadhyaji, I haven't seen anyone as whiny on you. And that too on a silly online forum.

Your statement deserves a + rating for you.

Now, does it mean it will be interpreted as a - vote by Al-Akbari and launch yet another whiny demand ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:19 pm

I can't believe people use this feature seriously and cast negative/positive votes - how juvenile!

Really, are our egos so fragile that we need an online "reputation"?

That said, it MUST go if it is changing privileges.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:24 pm

blabberwock wrote:I can't believe people use this feature seriously and cast negative/positive votes - how juvenile!

Really, are our egos so fragile that we need an online "reputation"?

That said, it MUST go if it is changing privileges.

Sorry...I am giving you a -vote for your response..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:07 am

ROFL! people fighting over something as silly as voting! who the uff uses this feature seriously?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 am

Another Brick wrote:ROFL! people fighting over something as silly as voting! who the uff uses this feature seriously?

uffinders who can survive without sleep for days together......now identify uffinder no 1 and uffinder no 2 and so on...you will get a flower with weird petals for your effort.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:22 am

hey, don't get me into trouble!

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:41 am

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Irony alert

seriously, I don't see the point of this voting feature.
as a spam guard effort, it is obviously not working. if a poster got some x number of negative posts, the poster should be banned. instead it is pretty lame that all this feature does is take away voting rights.
we cannot stop people from giving negative votes out of spite. so this situation was bound to happen that a legitimate member gets negative votes because of his posts. guess nobody thought this would happen?

i do not think i expressed my reservations about negative voting (tongue in cheek comments do not count) before this post. kindly do not extrapolate with limited data. my post on voting was more about the feature as a whole and whether it makes sense at all.

on a friendly note, i find it juvenile that someone would get worked up about this. you were not even this upset when your real name (if it was) was typed out here. that probably has far more repercussions than this silly issue of negative votes.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:52 am

.|Sublime|. wrote: if a poster got some x number of negative posts, the poster should be banned.
You think?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:19 am

lmaooooo. ram sharan smacks down rashmun with a zillion - votes. offended, rashmun logs into his friend's pc and tries to smack down charvaka but finds, to his horror, he can't. charvaka restores him the power. rashmun smacks down charvaka with a zillion - votes. but charvaka refuses to play tag and refuses to smack down a third poster. serious abdication of admin responsibilities by char here imo. sometime during this drama, rashmun votes to get himself banned, lolllll. this is fulltoo fun X 1000. carry on guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:22 am

Hellsangel wrote:
.|Sublime|. wrote: if a poster got some x number of negative posts, the poster should be banned.
You think?

if the feature was included as a spam guard effort that is how it is supposed to work. i did not mean that legitimate members should be banned. hence
we cannot stop people from giving negative votes out of spite. so this
situation was bound to happen that a legitimate member gets negative
votes because of his posts. guess nobody thought this would happen?

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:30 am

Impedimenta wrote:
Another Brick wrote:ROFL! people fighting over something as silly as voting! who the uff uses this feature seriously?

uffinders who can survive without sleep for days together......now identify uffinder no 1 and uffinder no 2 and so on...you will get a flower with weird petals for your effort.

Narayana Narayana..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:58 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:. serious abdication of admin responsibilities by char here imo. sometime during this drama, rashmun votes to get himself banned, lolllll. this is fulltoo fun X 1000. carry on guys.

The next step in this drama... Rashmun to quote you saying that I have seriously abdicated my responsibilities.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 pm

charvaka wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:. serious abdication of admin responsibilities by char here imo. sometime during this drama, rashmun votes to get himself banned, lolllll. this is fulltoo fun X 1000. carry on guys.

The next step in this drama... Rashmun to quote you saying that I have seriously abdicated my responsibilities.

and keep repeating it foever until the funny comment becomes serious fact and evidence in Rashman's mind (and his other handles).

BTW, congratulations on rapidly collecting negative votes. At this rate, Rashman will demand that he be made the Admin for the next period of 6 months.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:... in Rashman's mind (and his other handles).

The Midnaporeans will surely agree with this.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:33 pm

lol too effin funny omg

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:14 am

can anybody tell me how to check what votes one has got--and how to give votes to anyone ......since i am new to this forum......

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:21 am

ashdoc wrote:can anybody tell me how to check what votes one has got--and how to give votes to anyone ......since i am new to this forum......

click on your name. it takes you to your profile.
click on statistics to see what votes you got etc.

to give votes to a post and hence to the poster, click on the + - signs that you see on the right hand side of every post.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2