Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air India records profit after long spell of losses

4 posters

Go down

Air India records profit after long spell of losses Empty Air India records profit after long spell of losses

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:41 am

NEW DELHI: After a long spell of losses, national carrier Air India recorded a net profit of Rs 14.6 crore in December last, driven by a healthy growth in both passenger and cargo revenue.

The airline's total revenue rose by 6.5 per cent to Rs 2070 crore during December 2014 as compared to Rs 1,944 crore in the same period of 2013, official sources said here.

"AI estimates passenger revenue of Rs 16,500 crore during the fiscal 2014-15 and a total revenue of nearly Rs 21,500 crore. Together with our subsidiaries, the consolidated revenue is expected to touch Rs 25,000 crore for this financial year," they said. .....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Air-India-records-profit-after-long-spell-of-losses/articleshow/45856740.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Air India records profit after long spell of losses Empty Re: Air India records profit after long spell of losses

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:57 pm

May be, I'll fly AI in future. I like the Civil Aviation minister. After a long time, India has a hard-working (and not corrupt) minister in charge of AI.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Air India records profit after long spell of losses Empty Re: Air India records profit after long spell of losses

Post by truthbetold Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:36 pm

2015 should be a good year for ai. Low petrol cost, low operation cost, decent traffic and better management. If they goof up, heads should roll.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:06 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:NEW DELHI: After a long spell of losses, national carrier Air India recorded a net profit of Rs 14.6 crore in December last, driven by a healthy growth in both passenger and cargo revenue.

The airline's total revenue rose by 6.5 per cent to Rs 2070 crore during December 2014 as compared to Rs 1,944 crore in the same period of 2013, official sources said here.

"AI estimates passenger revenue of Rs 16,500 crore during the fiscal 2014-15 and a total revenue of nearly Rs 21,500 crore. Together with our subsidiaries, the consolidated revenue is expected to touch Rs 25,000 crore for this financial year," they said. .....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Air-India-records-profit-after-long-spell-of-losses/articleshow/45856740.cms

I traveled AIR INDIA - and they gave (as usual) more food than I can eat and than any other airline (stingy bastards). I never ever had any issue with AI. But everyone else seems to have had.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:22 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:NEW DELHI: After a long spell of losses, national carrier Air India recorded a net profit of Rs 14.6 crore in December last, driven by a healthy growth in both passenger and cargo revenue.

I traveled AIR INDIA - and they gave (as usual) more food than I can eat and than any other airline (stingy bastards). I never ever had any issue with AI. But everyone else seems to have had.
That sounds like a very good ad. for the AI food. I personally also never had any complaints about the AI food ... always enjoyed the mattar-paneer and rice during the long AI flights.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down