Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forecasting story

Go down

forecasting story Empty forecasting story

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:57 am

so this is the story of ....

me!

Well, not exactly. Ok, this is the story of my cousin, who is about 9-10 years older to me. You can say one of my most fave cousins. She herself was not so great in studies but she managed to do Masters in arts. But that's not her biggest quality. She's always been a sincere honest hard worker, not only in studies, but in all aspects of life. Anything at home, she'll be responsible. Any event in the family, and you will see her running around and organizing things. And when the event is over, in cleaning up the house. Not worrying about what to wear and doing makeup and dreaming, like my other cousin who is her real sister. She's naturally pretty, so she didn't have to worry much anyway. You can say she's an energy powerhouse.

So anyway. She married to a CA (CPA equi in India). Arranged of course. Smart handsome man. But had too many issues. It was a bad marriage. Right from the get go. It was rocky with him and his mother. In the process of trying to make it work, they had a baby. But she was mostly living here than there. Before you know it, it was a full fledged separation that turned into a divorce in due course of time. The kid stayed with her. He didn't fight for it either. They tried remarrying her, but didn't work out with anyone. She studied further and became a school teacher. Began earning well by doing tuition too. My uncle bought her an apartment of her own and things got good. Years later, when she was in her late 30s, the dude walked in one day (after having lost everything, job and family), assured them that he is new and improved now, and wants to remarry his ex-wife. They agreed provided he relocated to their town and he did that. He also began tutoring CA hopefuls/commerce students. Their second attempt at marriage was much better.

Anyway, this is not the main story that I am trying to tell. When the kid was about 7-8 years old, they were once at our place for the day. My cousin was proudly telling me how smart the daughter is, in all subjects in school. I spent a good hour or two quizzing her on everything and teaching her new things, and surprisingly the kid enjoyed learning from me and wanted more and more (most kids get bored in like 10 minutes). Then, after assessing her well, I proudly said, 'We will make her a CA!'. At this, my cousin got mad. Her pains were still raw back then. She began questioning me, 'WHY CA? Is CA the only profession left in the world? Do all smart people have to become CA? Why didn't you say doctor, engineer, IAS?'. I began laughing and explained to her that this is not what I meant... and so on.

Well, recently, the girl walked in her CA convocation. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

forecasting story Empty Re: forecasting story

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:03 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:so this is the story of ....

me!

Well, not exactly. Ok, this is the story of my cousin, who is about 9-10 years older to me. You can say one of my most fave cousins. She herself was not so great in studies but she managed to do Masters in arts. But that's not her biggest quality. She's always been a sincere honest hard worker, not only in studies, but in all aspects of life. Anything at home, she'll be responsible. Any event in the family, and you will see her running around and organizing things. And when the event is over, in cleaning up the house. Not worrying about what to wear and doing makeup and dreaming, like my other cousin who is her real sister. She's naturally pretty, so she didn't have to worry much anyway. You can say she's an energy powerhouse.

So anyway. She married to a CA (CPA equi in India). Arranged of course. Smart handsome man. But had too many issues. It was a bad marriage. Right from the get go. It was rocky with him and his mother. In the process of trying to make it work, they had a baby. But she was mostly living here than there. Before you know it, it was a full fledged separation that turned into a divorce in due course of time. The kid stayed with her. He didn't fight for it either. They tried remarrying her, but didn't work out with anyone. She studied further and became a school teacher. Began earning well by doing tuition too. My uncle bought her an apartment of her own and things got good. Years later, when she was in her late 30s, the dude walked in one day (after having lost everything, job and family), assured them that he is new and improved now, and wants to remarry his ex-wife. They agreed provided he relocated to their town and he did that. He also began tutoring CA hopefuls/commerce students. Their second attempt at marriage was much better.

Anyway, this is not the main story that I am trying to tell. When the kid was about 7-8 years old, they were once at our place for the day. My cousin was proudly telling me how smart the daughter is, in all subjects in school. I spent a good hour or two quizzing her on everything and teaching her new things, and surprisingly the kid enjoyed learning from me and wanted more and more (most kids get bored in like 10 minutes). Then, after assessing her well, I proudly said, 'We will make her a CA!'. At this, my cousin got mad. Her pains were still raw back then. She began questioning me, 'WHY CA? Is CA the only profession left in the world? Do all smart people have to become CA? Why didn't you say doctor, engineer, IAS?'. I began laughing and explained to her that this is not what I meant... and so on.

Well, recently, the girl walked in her CA convocation. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Moral: You are evil and all cousins should stay away from you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:11 am

lol arre...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down