Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy Temple

3 posters

Go down

Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy  Temple Empty Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy Temple

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Looks like the Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy temple near Kadapa will have its glory revived:

Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy  Temple Image

The AP govt. has decided to perform Rama Navami in this temple this year:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150221/nation-politics/article/andhra-pradesh-present-silk-garments-ts-temple

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy  Temple Empty Re: Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy Temple

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:53 pm

Don't know why the picture of the temple didn't show up in my previous post. Here is the URL:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RD4n3oeUsBs/U6jwAKrBSGI/AAAAAAAAAuA/xce1OORk-3w/s1600/Vontimitta+Sri+Kodandarama+Swamy+temple+(25).JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ymniZ8ZgyoI/U6jpm3DhaCI/AAAAAAAAAsI/zPDVTGAnyjk/s1600/Vontimitta+Sri+Kodandarama+Swamy+temple+(13).JPG

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy  Temple Empty Re: Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy Temple

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:19 pm

As a kid, I was taught that Potana (who wrote Andhra Mahaabhaagavatamu) lived in Warangal area. However, it seems, he lived in Vontimitta and dedicated his work to Kodandarama swamy. In Potana's era, Vontimitta's temple was famous.

A new controversy between Telangana and Andhra Pradesh?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Large  temple.  Stone color is distinct.  Any historical information?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:42 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vontimitta

little bit of history.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:As a kid, I was taught that Potana (who wrote Andhra Mahaabhaagavatamu) lived in Warangal area. However, it seems, he lived in Vontimitta and dedicated his work to Kodandarama swamy. In Potana's era, Vontimitta's temple was famous.
I clarified with my mom. She said that the people of the region always believed that Potana wrote the Mahabhagavatam in that temple and dedicated it Kodandarama swamy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:49 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:As a kid, I was taught that Potana (who wrote Andhra Mahaabhaagavatamu) lived in Warangal area. However, it seems, he lived in Vontimitta and dedicated his work to Kodandarama swamy. In Potana's era, Vontimitta's temple was famous.
I clarified with my mom. She said that the people of the region always believed that Potana wrote the Mahabhagavatam in that temple and dedicated it Kodandarama swamy.

Great!

I am sure the people of AP will throng to the temple. Hopefully, it will be revived to be at par with Tirupati. I read that on the base of the the main statues, it was written that Potana dedicated his bhagavatamu to Kodandarama swamy. In most ways, Potana was the best Telugu poet. So, the Warangal story may be made up.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:22 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Great!

I am sure the people of AP will throng to the temple. Hopefully, it will be revived to be at par with Tirupati. I read that on the base of the the main statues, it was written that Potana dedicated his bhagavatamu to Kodandarama swamy. In most ways, Potana was the best Telugu poet. So, the Warangal story may be made up.
That's right! Satavahanas, Kakatiyas are from Andhra region too; Telangana monomaniacs cooked up all those stories. How dare them revisionist historians.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down