Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 Things about Mayabazaar, The Greatest Indian Cinema Ever

3 posters

Go down

16 Things about Mayabazaar, The Greatest Indian Cinema Ever Empty 16 Things about Mayabazaar, The Greatest Indian Cinema Ever

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:36 pm

http://www.southreport.com/16-things-mayabazaar-greatest-indian-cinema-ever

K. V Reddy is a true genius. Hats off to K.V Reddy and his team.

12. Voted as Greatest Indian Film ever on CNN-IBN.

Most amazingly....

13. They Created Visual Effects 4 Decades before any softwares came in.

14. The technical team created Moon light effect in a day shoot back in 1950’s.

15. Miniature Sets and Electrification of them back in 1950’s.

16 Things about Mayabazaar, The Greatest Indian Cinema Ever Fullscreen-capture-2172015-21450-AM-771x329

16. The first Movie to Conceptualize Laptop, Video Calling decades before they came into existence.

PS: I am not responsible if this makes anyone jealous, insecure, angry and all that stuff.

Back to top Go down

16 Things about Mayabazaar, The Greatest Indian Cinema Ever Empty Re: 16 Things about Mayabazaar, The Greatest Indian Cinema Ever

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:54 pm

"Mayabazaar" seems like a movie ahead of its time.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

16 Things about Mayabazaar, The Greatest Indian Cinema Ever Empty Re: 16 Things about Mayabazaar, The Greatest Indian Cinema Ever

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:"Mayabazaar" seems like a movie ahead of its time.
Very very much ahead of its time. It's mind boggling how they conceptualized such things and made it possible 57 years ago!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Very very much ahead of its time. It's mind boggling how they conceptualized such things and made it possible 57 years ago!
It looks like there are NI versions of this movie (Mayabazzar), in Hindi and Bengali etc. ... the Hindi and Bengali "mayabazaar" dvd's are available in the local library in Toronto and I think I am going to watch it, at least the Hindi version / 1958 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242655/)
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
It looks like there are NI versions of this movie (Mayabazzar), in Hindi and Bengali etc. ... the Hindi and Bengali "mayabazaar" dvd's are available in the local library in Toronto and I think I am going to watch it, at least the Hindi version / 1958 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242655/)
I don't think it's the same as the telugu one. It doesn't have the same crew, neither the actors and more importantly, the director K.V. Reddy. So beware that it's not the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 pm

Here's the full length movie in Telugu, but unfortunately there are no subtitles. No use!

Forgot to mention above. Music and background score by Ghantasala is awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
I don't think it's the same as the telugu one. It doesn't have the same crew, neither the actors and more importantly, the director K.V. Reddy. So beware that it's not the same.
Hindi version, in 1958, seems to be based on the original Telugu movie, as indicated by the "storyline" (related to the Mahabharata characters) in the above IMBd link. Let's see if it comes any close to the original one, in terms of technical effects, acting and music etc. (story probably is the same as in the original).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Hindi version, in 1958, seems to be based on the original Telugu movie, as indicated by the "storyline" (related to the Mahabharata characters) in the above IMBd link. Let's see if it comes any close to the original one, in terms of technical effects, acting and music etc. (story probably is the same as in the original).
ok...good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Indeed, a great movie. KV Reddi garu was a great man. They now have it in color!

Mayabazar was made in the "other" language as well.

మనవాళ్ళకి కొంచెం సంస్కారం వుండేది. జెమిని, ఎం అర్ రాధ..... చెడ్డవెధవలు.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Indeed, a great movie. KV Reddi garu was a great man. They now have it in color!

Mayabazar was made in the "other" language as well.

మనవాళ్ళకి కొంచెం సంస్కారం వుండేది. జెమిని, ఎం అర్ రాధ.....  చెడ్డవెధవలు.

Is he of telugu origin? His full name is Madras Rajagopal Radhakrishnan Naidu.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down