Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fighting

Go down

fighting  Empty fighting

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:01 am

this is something I have thought about often in last 24-25 years ...

this is when I had just finished a year in high school, 11th or 12th, forgetting... xb and I used to go on drives, and then park the car at any isolated spot and chat. we had found a stretch of roads in the outskirts. it was a pretty open area, but a good place to just sit and talk.

once we were chatting, literally, no other hanky panky, it was a bright day full of sunlight, and someone knocked on xb's window. he rolled down the window to ask what's up. that man asked in a daring tone, 'what's going on here? why do you come here?' and he said some other words like indecency, etc.

I was like wth. xb replied, 'achcha? batau tujhe? (you want to talk?)'... then he made the pretense of opening his door so that the man backed off a little. xb put his car in reverse and sped out of there. I began LOLing... what was that? what happened to the hero? xb then explained, 'this is their area, and there were atleast 5 of them scattered around and watching us. I could not have fought them alone, especially with you here, they would have hurt you too'. I was impressed that he thought about me and took the wise decision.

next time, he began keeping an iron rod in the car, but next time no one came. apparently some friends of his had scouted the area and threatened back. but anyway, the whole thing has sorta spooked me, and we changed the spot.

point is, whether you are a man or a woman, whether someone asked you a decent question or not... how wise is it to fight them when you are obviously outnumbered, and they appear obviously threatening. isn't discretion the best form of valour?

Back to top Go down

fighting  Empty Re: fighting

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:53 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:this is something I have thought about often in last 24-25 years ...

this is when I had just finished a year in high school, 11th or 12th, forgetting... xb and I used to go on drives, and then park the car at any isolated spot and chat. we had found a stretch of roads in the outskirts. it was a pretty open area, but a good place to just sit and talk.

once we were chatting, literally, no other hanky panky, it was a bright day full of sunlight, and someone knocked on xb's window. he rolled down the window to ask what's up. that man asked in a daring tone, 'what's going on here? why do you come here?' and he said some other words like indecency, etc.

I was like wth. xb replied, 'achcha? batau tujhe? (you want to talk?)'... then he made the pretense of opening his door so that the man backed off a little. xb put his car in reverse and sped out of there. I began LOLing... what was that? what happened to the hero? xb then explained, 'this is their area, and there were atleast 5 of them scattered around and watching us. I could not have fought them alone, especially with you here, they would have hurt you too'. I was impressed that he thought about me and took the wise decision.

next time, he began keeping an iron rod in the car, but next time no one came. apparently some friends of his had scouted the area and threatened back. but anyway, the whole thing has sorta spooked me, and we changed the spot.

point is, whether you are a man or a woman, whether someone asked you a decent question or not... how wise is it to fight them when you are obviously outnumbered, and they appear obviously threatening. isn't discretion the best form of valour?

in Tamil we say place, reason, and timing (Idam-pOruL-eAval) decide what you should do.

Your XB was a quick thinker. And, obviously smart - he did not marry you.....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:40 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:this is something I have thought about often in last 24-25 years ...

in Tamil we say place, reason, and timing (Idam-pOruL-eAval) decide what you should do.

Your XB was a quick thinker.  And, obviously smart - he did not marry you.....Wink

haha, yeah he was smart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down