Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Pachauri - the Pachonthi

2 posters

Go down

On Pachauri - the Pachonthi Empty On Pachauri - the Pachonthi

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:19 am

......Rajendra Pachauri never was a Nobel laureate....Pachauri doesn't deserve the "leading climate scientist" label, either. His PhD is in economics and industrial engineering, and he has spent three decades as the administrator of an institute. Prior to his resignation, it was probably correct to describe him as the world's best-known, most famous, highest-profile climate official, but he is not and never has been a climate scientist

As I said at that time, I (and Max) were not too impressed with this "scientist" Now, someone is calling him out for what he is.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

On Pachauri - the Pachonthi Empty Re: On Pachauri - the Pachonthi

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:00 am

Thanks for sharing.

As a blinkered, dumb climate skeptic, I liked this:
Laframboise wrote:I became a close observer of the IPCC almost by accident. In 2009, in advance of the UN's Copenhagen climate summit, the media printed a great deal of nonsense about it being humanity's "last chance to save the planet" (see, for example, here, here, here, here, and here)....That set my alarm bells ringing. The analysis seemed shallow, the rhetoric overblown. For the first time, I started paying attention to the climate debate.
and this:
Laframboise wrote:Climate change is constant and natural. I live in Canada. A mere 20,000 years ago, 97 per cent of my country was covered with ice. The fact that that ice melted away on its own tells us that Mother Earth has her own rhythms. As a journalist, I have no opinion on whether human activity is having a significant (as opposed to a minor) impact on the world's climate...
and this:
Laframboise wrote:It's worth remembering that the publication the IPCC cited as evidence when it made the absurd Himalayan glaciers claim was a WWF report. The IPCC relied not on hard scientific evidence, but on the opinion of green activists. This is a prime example of why the IPCC is not a trustworthy organization. On the one hand, the UN tells us that climate change is the world's most important problem. And then it produces sloppy work like this. Is that how you'd behave if you thought the fate of the planet was at stake? Would you not do everything in your power to make your report bulletproof?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down