Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final ODI

4 posters

Go down

Final ODI Empty Final ODI

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Can we eke out a win?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Final ODI Empty Re: Final ODI

Post by truthbetold Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:37 pm

That was a comprehensive win for england. India can find batting but it has no bowling resources. Zaheer, Bhaji have couple more years left. Ishant, Praveen, ashwin have to develop a lot. There is plenty of gap and other countries will exploit it again and again.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:53 pm

i think you meant to say instead of what you said that bhajji has been done for a couple of years.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:37 pm

truthbetold wrote:That was a comprehensive win for england. India can find batting but it has no bowling resources. Zaheer, Bhaji have couple more years left. Ishant, Praveen, ashwin have to develop a lot. There is plenty of gap and other countries will exploit it again and again.

Did that new fast bowling phenomenon dude get to play in any of the ODIs?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:51 pm

cannot disagree with max.
varun never got a chance.
fletcher d
too early to comment.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:22 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:That was a comprehensive win for england. India can find batting but it has no bowling resources. Zaheer, Bhaji have couple more years left. Ishant, Praveen, ashwin have to develop a lot. There is plenty of gap and other countries will exploit it again and again.

Did that new fast bowling phenomenon dude get to play in any of the ODIs?

no, he did not. and i read in The Indian Express that he was embarrassing in the practice match that he played. he has speed but no variety or swing. he was smashed for 34 runs in 3 overs. apparently, dhobi did not like what he saw of him (and neither did the rest of the think tank). had dhobi played him, it is possible that he could have been an embarrassment and that would have perhaps ended his career. i say, dhobi was kind to him.

i am not surprised that srikanth and co. bought into his IPL 4-over heroics (if there were any) and selected him for the national side. he played jaydev whathisname in africa and we all saw how good he was. varun aaron can't be any different. srikanth is the most incompetent selector i have seen. he sits in the CSK unit wearing his yellow colors and that's the only time he hunts for the talent. he must get the boot.

btw, ravindra turdeja is back to his mediocre best. 52 runs in 5 overs. real all rounder.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Another Brick wrote:

no, he did not. and i read in The Indian Express that he was embarrassing in the practice match that he played. he has speed but no variety or swing.

Looks like he would need spend a couple of seasons playing FC to horn his bowling skills, and hopefully without dropping much pace. Not sure what's with our speedies they don't seem to be able to sustain speed beyond 1 year of playing intl. cricket. Other day, I was looking at old clips of Sree (vs PAK and AUS) he looked threatening consistently bowling in 140s, but he looks so disoriented these days.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down