Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SL comes to the party (cricket)

2 posters

Go down

SL comes to the party (cricket) Empty SL comes to the party (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:10 am

where else, but at SSC, colombo. 473 in response to 316 by AUS. SL can be world beaters if they are allowed to take this ground with them to SA, ENG and AUS.

(if you take out SL batsmen's scores at this ground from their careers, they might look like ZIM players to you).

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

SL comes to the party (cricket) Empty Re: SL comes to the party (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:18 am

AUS 188/3. Ponting goes for 28. I don't see Ponting continuing for long. Marsh (#3) is scoring and so is Hughes at the opening slot. Khwaja has shown promise, so where is the place for Ponting? In the last two years, he has averaged 35 as against his career average of 55 with only one century (against the fixers). i was hoping for him to use this tour to make a statement after the Ashes debacle, but that has not happened. how long before the selectors summon him to "discuss his future?" i say, not too long. i prematurely wrote his obituary after the Ashes, but his removal/resignation does not seem far away now.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Ozzies came back pretty good, erased deficit, they still have Hussey to come. Clarke dude has been out of sorts for over a year now. They may still lose this match but in a respectful manner.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:45 am

confuzzled dude wrote:Ozzies came back pretty good, erased deficit, they still have Hussey to come. Clarke dude has been out of sorts for over a year now. They may still lose this match but in a respectful manner.

they pulled through. clarke, of all the players, hits a hundred and an aggressive one. he was lucky, all right, but pulled them through. they should have declared half an hour before the tea, but they did not. at one point in time, when clarke and hussey were going berserk, it seemed like a possibility but they soon changed gears and slowed down a bit. now the play has resumed after tea and AUS is still playing. they will let hussey score a hundred. and they talk about players from the subcontinent going after records (there is a piece on matthews' 'selfish' hundred in the same match on cricinfo). AUS takes the trophy.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down