Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fake or real?

5 posters

Go down

fake or real? Empty fake or real?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 am

woke up early, but got ready late. on top of it, decided to wash hair. did not blow dry, just left home with wet hair, and THEN realized... forgot to bring my rubberband. Brushed hair as many times in the train as possible, but it's still somewhat like satya sai baba... somehow hid my face and hair and went to the restroom. When I came out of the stall, this fellow-desi says the moment she looks at me, 'you looking good today'.

What? I said thanks, but then also mumbled that my hair is so messy today. She goes, 'really? I didnt' even notice, it's fine'. What? Did she see some extra radiant glow on my sleepy face, that she totally ignored the baraiya ka chhatta over my head? (I did use neem face pack today, heh).

She has commented on my hair before .. one day when I had my hair tied back, she had said, 'didn't you have a hair cut recently, looked so good, what happened now?'

But... dunno why people praise when it's the opposite? Fake or real? I want to believe real, but it's so obviously fake.

Back to top Go down

fake or real? Empty Re: fake or real?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:45 am

what is baraiya ka chata

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:47 am

nutmeg wrote:what is baraiya ka chata

beehive... I think it's madhumakhi ka chatta.. baraiyas are just scarier bees.. dunno english names.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:54 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:woke up early, but got ready late. on top of it, decided to wash hair. did not blow dry, just left home with wet hair, and THEN realized... forgot to bring my rubberband. Brushed hair as many times in the train as possible, but it's still somewhat like satya sai baba... somehow hid my face and hair and went to the restroom. When I came out of the stall, this fellow-desi says the moment she looks at me, 'you looking good today'.

What? I said thanks, but then also mumbled that my hair is so messy today. She goes, 'really? I didnt' even notice, it's fine'. What? Did she see some extra radiant glow on my sleepy face, that she totally ignored the baraiya ka chhatta over my head? (I did use neem face pack today, heh).

She has commented on my hair before .. one day when I had my hair tied back, she had said, 'didn't you have a hair cut recently, looked so good, what happened now?'

But... dunno why people praise when it's the opposite? Fake or real? I want to believe real, but it's so obviously fake.

Fake...

Just show me one instance - REPEAT ONE - when a woman has told another woman that her hair, dress, high heels, facial, manicure, pedicure, or anything is AWFUL. Frankly, women are Fakesters and want to hear only good about themselves.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:56 am

A litmus test for you:

How often have you answered this question honestly:

'Do I look fat in this dress?"

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:01 am

upps, I didn't ASK her, so she didnt' need to lie.. she ain't my friend either.. she said that to me within 2 seconds of me coming out of the stall... She must have noticed something is visibly off with me today, and maybe just said that to cover her real suprise.

to answer ur general query, most of my friends and family tell me spot on what's wrong. maybe that's why I keep a few friends...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:14 am

This Thread is Useless without PICS Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:15 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:upps, I didn't ASK her, so she didnt' need to lie.. she ain't my friend either.. she said that to me within 2 seconds of me coming out of the stall... She must have noticed something is visibly off with me today, and maybe just said that to cover her real suprise.

to answer ur general query, most of my friends and family tell me spot on what's wrong. maybe that's why I keep a few friends...

Then there is only one other answer possible.... She is coming out of her closet....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:50 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:upps, I didn't ASK her, so she didnt' need to lie.. she ain't my friend either.. she said that to me within 2 seconds of me coming out of the stall... She must have noticed something is visibly off with me today, and maybe just said that to cover her real suprise.

Then there is only one other answer possible.... She is coming out of her closet....Wink

dirty mind.. right there. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Richard Hed wrote:This Thread is Useless without PICS Very Happy

resolved the issue, got a rubberband SET.. am not going to be found without a pair in my purse, bag, desk, and car...

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

resolved the issue, got a rubberband SET.. am not going to be found without a pair in my purse, bag, desk, and car...

Theoretically, the woman should not say "you dont look nice"

Lemme see if she says that...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

saami yaaru..the equivalent is ' that looks interesting' and that should tell.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:00 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

saami yaaru..the equivalent is ' that looks interesting' and that should tell.

Nope doesn't cut it. It has to be as frank as the praise.

(what do ya think this site is. This is not Pseudo-CH)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:25 am

Yep, it happens. When you actually look fab and sorta wait for someone to comment on it...but nobody does. When you look like crap they say it's good so that we might fall for it and maintain that look. Don't fall for it.

Happened a decade back when husband (by then co-worker - kinda boss) used to say that I look good with big bindi and others thought that it didn't go well. I followed it after marriage and the first thing he said was not to keep big size bindi and it looks awful on me.

Attimes to get back at him...I do dress up like crap and he doesn't care...either way.

Okay then have a great day all.

laters,

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 am

Sasthi wrote:Yep, it happens. When you actually look fab and sorta wait for someone to comment on it...but nobody does. When you look like crap they say it's good so that we might fall for it and maintain that look. Don't fall for it.

Adadada..... Yenna smaartu...Sasthi ya Kokkaa ?....Wink

Happened a decade back when husband (by then co-worker - kinda boss) used to say that I look good with big bindi and others thought that it didn't go well. I followed it after marriage and the first thing he said was not to keep big size bindi and it looks awful on me.

Hm... instead of focusing on work...this was what you were doing... and I thought you were such a goodly girl.

Attimes to get back at him...I do dress up like crap and he doesn't care...either way.

Don't forget to wear a HUGE Bhindi

Okay then have a great day all.

You must be kidding

laters,

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:39 am

Hm... instead of focusing on work...this was what you were doing... and I thought you were such a goodly girl.

See...you gotta get it...first, being smart has it's downside; since I was smartu...was finishing my project in time and had too much of free time (full vetti) Also, I tired to switch my job but then my dad was against it coz he didn't want me to go out of that town. It's all my Dad's fault! *Sigh!* That was some story anyway (boring boring story)

Ayyo...again Kalangathela...Ethukku Ithuellam?!

Gotta do same old same old boring stuff, boring job, boring reports....ciao.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:43 am

Sasthi wrote:Hm... instead of focusing on work...this was what you were doing... and I thought you were such a goodly girl.

See...you gotta get it...first, being smart has it's downside; since I was smartu...was finishing my project in time and had too much of free time (full vetti) Also, I tired to switch my job but then my dad was against it coz he didn't want me to go out of that town. It's all my Dad's fault! *Sigh!* That was some story anyway (boring boring story)

Ayyo...again Kalangathela...Ethukku Ithuellam?!

Gotta do same old same old boring stuff, boring job, boring reports....ciao.

What's all your dad's fault?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:46 am

Coz of all the restrictions that...you need to study only this, only that...no out of station jobs. Okay, whatever.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Sasthi wrote:Coz of all the restrictions that...you need to study only this, only that...no out of station jobs. Okay, whatever.

Sasthi,

This is for you:

http://www.ashaforwomen.org/Asha_homepage.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 pm

HA,

Dhanks for your concern...I don't think I need it.

He has turned into a gem of a person after our 2.5 months break. So forget that for some time...let's talk only good things.

Meanwhile...I pray to Lord Shiva on Mondays, Ganesha on Tuesdays, Vishnu on Wednesdays, Guru Bhagwan on Thursdays, Lakshmi on Fridays, Sani Bhagwan on Saturdays and Surya Bhagwan on Sundays...so, I believe that our relatinship will get better. Atleast our kids will be benefited.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Sasthi wrote:HA,

He has turned into a gem of a person after our 2.5 months break. So forget that for some time...let's talk only good things.

Meanwhile...I pray to Lord Shiva on Mondays, Ganesha on Tuesdays, Vishnu on Wednesdays, Guru Bhagwan on Thursdays, Lakshmi on Fridays, Sani Bhagwan on Saturdays and Surya Bhagwan on Sundays...so, I believe that our relatinship will get better. Atleast our kids will be benefited.

I am so happy for you Sasthi. So glad that it didn't get escalated and messy. and you are right... children need to impose some restraints in parents' dynamics, and responsibilities..keep it up girl ! Very Happy

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:12 pm

<start tracy's break from break>

gadbad!! ganesha should be wednesdays, and Hanuman on Tuesdays, and santoshi ma on Fridays...

no wonder it's all going wrong for you Razz

<end tracy's break from break>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:13 pm

ganesha is worshipped on tuesdays also according to some scriptures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

gadbad!! ganesha should be wednesdays, and Hanuman on Tuesdays, and santoshi ma on Fridays...

Mercury is Bhudan and the lord associated with mercury is Vishnu. Mangalvar is Mangal related and so Ganeshji is worshiped. Anyways, the days doesn't matter.

Btw, this Thursday is Guru Pushya Amrit and an auspicious day for Guru.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:31 pm

<break #3>

My guru is in the gutter... maybe I should start something new this Thursday, and bring some luck into it.

</break #3>

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Sorry....not happening.. unless you pray to Allah - 5 times - on Fridays.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Sasthi wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

Mercury is Bhudan and the lord associated with mercury is Vishnu. Mangalvar is Mangal related and so Ganeshji is worshiped. Anyways, the days doesn't matter.

Most important question: When do you worship your hoojbandu?

Reminds me of the saying "Arasanai nenaichu purusanai vida, arasanum purasanum aathoDa pOnaangalaam"....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Sasthi wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

Most important question: When do you worship your hoojbandu?

Reminds me of the saying "Arasanai nenaichu purusanai vida, arasanum purasanum aathoDa pOnaangalaam"....Razz

Oru Mannangattiyum Puriyalla Upilli.

?!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:16 am

Sorry....not happening.. unless you pray to Allah - 5 times - on Fridays.

Excuse me..."God Is One!" and for me Allah and Eshwar are one and the same. But I would like to worship my way.

Thanks.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down