Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

breaking down in court

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
swapna
7 posters

Go down

breaking down in court Empty breaking down in court

Post by swapna Thu May 07, 2015 1:11 pm

an ndtv news blog says, "mr khan broke down in court after hearing his sentence."

is this the northindian way of reacting to adversity? what do you think he did?  say "ya allah," cover his face with his trembling hands, and crumble slowly to the floor, his rayban sunglasses clattering, and the kohl - is that the right word? - around his eyes smudging, as the tears flowed freely.

ashdoc, do you think he said, "ya ganeshji!" in the same breath to strengthen his secular credentials? did loving siblings arpita, alvira, arbaaz, and alfalfa rush to his side, sobbing disconsolately and beating their chests? did judge deshpandeji also join in, saying, "I am love-ing ya all, but salman bhaijaan voodD go to jail phor phiwe years."

the moral of this account: if you're an ambitious telugu who wants to be worthy of northindian connections, you must learn to say "ya allah," break down, sob, and beat your chest.

swapna

Back to top Go down

breaking down in court Empty Re: breaking down in court

Post by southindian Thu May 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Thomas,

The British treated southindians the sane way they treated northindians, so don't feel bad about only northindians using the phrase. Southindians too could break down in court.

Here's an example, people in south too can break-down in the court.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/9872067/Oscar-Pistorius-breaks-down-in-court-as-charged-with-murder.html

Thomas, How do they say "broke down in court" in Syria, your native land?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 07, 2015 2:16 pm

swapna wrote:an ndtv news blog says, "mr khan broke down in court after hearing his sentence."

is this the northindian way of reacting to adversity? what do you think he did?  say "ya allah," cover his face with his trembling hands, and crumble slowly to the floor, his rayban sunglasses clattering, and the kohl - is that the right word? - around his eyes smudging, as the tears flowed freely.

ashdoc, do you think he said, "ya ganeshji!" in the same breath to strengthen his secular credentials? did loving siblings arpita, alvira, arbaaz, and alfalfa rush to his side, sobbing disconsolately and beating their chests? did judge deshpandeji also join in, saying, "I am love-ing ya all, but salman bhaijaan voodD go to jail phor phiwe years."

the moral of this account: if you're an ambitious telugu who wants to be worthy of northindian connections, you must learn to say "ya allah," break down, sob, and beat your chest.

Hey..not all South Indians want to ape the English - the Queen's butler or the diaper changer for Princess Catherine.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu May 07, 2015 3:32 pm

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Thu May 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Ashdoc's brain fart---Salman Khan's animal like appeal at the box office

Seeing the success of Dabanng 2 at the box office , I wondered about Salman's animal like appeal at the box office---

Lets make no bones about this---Salman is an animal . He beats the women in his life , probably rapes them at night forcing himself on their unwilling bodies , kills sleeping people on the streets by driving vehicles on them and kills protected species like back bucks by unrestrainedly shooting them . He is also a drunkard to boot and picks up fights at the slightest provocation ; Sometimes he does bizzare things like pouring a cola over an actress' head ( Somy Ali ) or peeing on a respected director ( Subhash Ghai ) .

And he also is the current king of the box office . Third rate movies become hits because of him . So that begs the question---what is the secret of his success , especially since he has only mediocre acting abilities ??

.....And the truth begins to slowly emerge---he is king because he is an animal . It is in fact his animal like behavior which attracts the masses , makes him their darling .

Lets check out women first---the more he beats his girlfriends , the more he rises in popularity among them . It seems most women , and especially those of the lower class , have a inborn fantasy of being controlled brutally by him and being his slave . Mind you , this is pure fantasy and no woman would like such behavior in real life---but the realms of fantasy are different and Salman fulfills these wild fantasies of women who get a sexual high on seeing his rippling muscles and his brute strength .

The men---they dont envy his popularity among women but in fact dream of being like him . The fantasy of every lower class man is a slave like wife whom he can beat regularly and endless amounts of alcohol which he can ingest throughout the day . Salman fulfills these fantasies by actually doing these things in real life making the lower class man say to himself---'' Life should be lived like Salman Khan . '' His lack of acting talent makes him look crude---exactly the mirror image of the slum dwelling male who despises classy heroes .

The criminal elements of society and terrorists of course idolize him . Why ? Because he not only is violent like them but above all he commits crimes and gets away with them by never getting convicted at all---just what they dreamt of doing.....
Thats the reason why the criminal dons of Karachi who are being protected by terrorists are ever willing to finance a Salman Khan film .
For the same reason he is popular in Pakistan---they love nightmares as their own country is one and Salman too is a nightmare.......

And no wonder Sallu's best friend is Sanjay Dutt---the AK 56 toting ' almost called terrorist ' who went to jail under TADA . Birds of a feather flock together......

Thus Salman is the hero of Pakistanis , terrorists , gangsters , whores , pimps , drunkards , wife beaters , rapists , slumdwellers and hero worshipping weak submissive women---the majority population of India . The lower castes among hindus love him for teaching a lesson to upper caste men by beating them to pulp in every encounter ; the minorities love him even more for being a muslim who is successful in an upper caste hindu dominated India and lording it over other upper caste hindu heroes like Vivek Oberoi by giving the regular doses of humiliation .

----Thus a sizzling cocktail of factors makes for the popularity of this man---Salman.....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu May 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Swapna,

you are super obsessed with Salman Khan and North Indians. It's evident beyond debate. You just can't help yourself or get yourself to talk about anything else.

Do you have a shrine at home where you light candle in front of Salman Khan or other North Indians. Hoping some day you will become like one.

Do you use fair n lovely for men to better your complexion? Do you take bhangda lessons on IIN and get mad when no one likes your YouTube bhangda post?

Is it then when you come here n start bashing North Indians?

Because that's the only logical explanation of your behavior.

PS: if you deny this, it's more proof you're obsessed with becoming like North Indians. If you were reading this n thinking she's crazy. What is she talking about. I hate NIs, it proves you're in denial.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu May 07, 2015 4:40 pm

seven wrote:Swapna,

you are super obsessed with Salman Khan and North Indians. It's evident beyond debate. You just can't help yourself or get yourself to talk about anything else.

Do you have a shrine at home where you light candle in front of Salman Khan or other North Indians. Hoping some day you will become like one.

Do you use fair n lovely for men to better your complexion? Do you take bhangda lessons on IIN and get mad when no one likes your YouTube bhangda post?

Is it then when you come here n start bashing North Indians?

Because that's the only logical explanation of your behavior.

PS: if you deny this, it's more proof you're obsessed with becoming like North Indians. If you were reading this n thinking she's crazy. What is she talking about. I hate NIs, it proves you're in denial.

I am super curious about why a nearly 50-year-old man would:

1. sob in court and make a public spectacle of himself;

2. live with his parents;

and whether this is standard northindian practice.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu May 07, 2015 4:49 pm

You are old and sad. Cry sometime. You'll feel better. That will also help you understand why a nearly 50 y/o man cried n didn't care about any public spectacle created.

If your work allows you to be with your parents, why wouldn't you be with them.
Your kids prolly don't like you n therefore didn't find work in TX. this I wouldn't expect you to understand. Just know if you keep lighting candles everyday, in next birth, you will be born in a fair North Indian family. There there.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 07, 2015 10:27 pm

did he have tears rolling down from his eYebaLLs? which of the singing khans is salmon? on a different note, is he a $2 hooch enthusiast too?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu May 07, 2015 11:08 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:did he have tears rolling down from his eYebaLLs? which of the singing khans is salmon? on a different note, is he a $2 hooch enthusiast too?

the one that traverses the fish ladder at ballard locks.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri May 08, 2015 10:50 am

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:did he have tears rolling down from his eYebaLLs? which of the singing khans is salmon? on a different note, is he a $2 hooch enthusiast too?

ah, you were being "phunny!"

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2015 11:29 am

swapna wrote:
bw wrote:

swapna ji i love you <3. ya allah! will you marry me? it is being northindian tradition to be expressing love so open to all do not mind ya allah!

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri May 08, 2015 1:18 pm

seven wrote:You are old and sad. Cry sometime. You'll feel better. That will also help you understand why a nearly 50 y/o man cried n didn't care about any public spectacle created.

If your work allows you to be with your parents, why wouldn't you be with them.
Your kids prolly don't like you n therefore didn't find work in TX. this I wouldn't expect you to understand. Just know if you keep lighting candles everyday, in next birth, you will be born in a fair North Indian family. There there.

on being old: you are far off the mark; you are much older than I am, indeed, at least 600 years older, for in the year 2015, you live in the middle ages,  apparently believing that:

1.there's reason and legitimacy in slandering my children in a thread about salman khan; (do you seriously think that, when you're just having your first child, my children's career decisions are any of your business?)

2. adult children should live with their parents, suppressing their aspirations, foregoing opportunities, sacrificing their freedoms and privacy, and becoming chattels to their intolerant parents;

3. there is merit in being "fair" (light-skinned), a view that's quite likely a vestige of the utterly anachronistic, hindu caste system.

your views are so different from those of the well-educated, modern women that I know, and consistent with my observations of northindian women like xw, that I attribute them largely to your northindianness.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri May 08, 2015 1:51 pm

Like I said, I didn't expect you to understand why salman khan chooses to live with his parents.

Your second point is just BS assumption. That's all.

You are obsessed with North Indians in general n salman khan in particular. You're absolutely right, there's no need to discuss your kids in this thread. Only salman khan talks.

Just understand I was trying to show you why kids opt to stay with their parents especially when they can pursue their careers also.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri May 08, 2015 3:22 pm

seven wrote:Like I said, I didn't expect you to understand why salman khan chooses to live with his parents.

Your second point is just BS assumption. That's all.

You are obsessed with North Indians in general n salman khan in particular. You're absolutely right, there's no need to discuss your kids in this thread. Only salman khan talks.

Just understand I was trying to show you why kids opt to stay with their parents especially when they can pursue their careers also.

stating in advance that you don't expect me to understand your medieval notions is no excuse for your idiocy, intolerance (of children's aspirations and individuality), or disrespect for their need and freedom to develop themselves.

I don't think that indian kids "opt" to stay with their parents when they are adults - a 50-year-old is not a kid! -  I suspect that they are forced to do so through conditioning, and financial and emotional blackmail. 

this unhealthy and socially backward paradigm of parents-to-adult-children dependency, as illustrated by salman khan's family is more common among northindian families than southern indian families of the same educational attainment and class.

your specious argument also ignores the general, logical principle that a constrained optimum could never be any better than an unconstrained one, and is quite likely worse than the latter. 

thus, d could not have accepted an assistant professor's position at an ivy-league university, or explored and declined a postdoctoral fellowship in cambridge, ma, positions that she deemed to be best for herself, if she had, in any way been constrained by the self-centred parental "love" that you and most northindians would force on their adult children.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri May 08, 2015 4:29 pm

You're an idiot or doing a good job pretending to be one. Your kids did what was right for them.

Just like you didn't force your kids to stay back, maybe salman khan's parents didn't force him to stay back either.

Why do you think decision your kids made, salman khan should have made too. That's bcz you're blinded by prejudices.

I don't talk to bald people for so long.

TC. Peace.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri May 08, 2015 7:25 pm

swapna wrote:
bw wrote:

not really a pun since 'l' is silent?

i was picking on max's spelling.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down