Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything....

+4
The Absolute Zero
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Bittu
Hellsangel
8 posters

Go down

Everything.... Empty Everything....

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:26 am

hurts...

First day in gym today.. WITH a PT. Would make me do something in a rep of 10, and then would ask me to do it again, and then again... I had told him I need to tone the abs and upper bod, and he made me do floor exercises, forward lunges, and weights... At one point on the floor, he was like, 'you want to nap now, don't you'.

But the dreadful parting statement was, 'today was just an assesment, next time we'll do a full workout'.

Aiyo, rama. If this was NOT a full workout, how'd the full workout be? If I had not paid 300 for this, I was never showing my face there... ever again.

Back to top Go down

Everything.... Empty Re: Everything....

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:29 am

Shouldn't they gradually increase the reps and the weights?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:30 am

No pain. No gain.
I mean
No pain. No (weight) loss.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 am

nutmeg wrote:Shouldn't they gradually increase the reps and the weights?

Maybe that's what he meant by 'full workout' next week. I ran out of gas in whatever we did today. Besides, he was also assessing my posture and endurance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 am

What do you do in the days between your sessions?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 am

Hellsangel wrote:What do you do in the days between your sessions?

I told him I walk 4 miles e'day (but I am also planning to stop that now).. he said I shd continue aerobics e'day... if walking then walking... and then do 'this' around 3 times a week. Will see if I can go t'row and do the treadmil.

I went v. unprepared today... Couldn't find our gym backpacks, maybe husband has stashed it in his office... So I dumped my stuff in a plastic bag.. didn't have a lock... forgot stuff like face wash, etc.

Need to buy a proper gym bag, more workout clothes, and prep a gym kit, etc. you know, to make it easier for myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:58 am

you got a workout this morning and everything hurts at 1045am already? this probably means you'll hurt a LOT more later in the evening and next morning. I dislike trainers. If you HAD to get one, you could have hired him a few weeks AFTER working out, if you saw no results.

http://www.ebags.com/product/high-sierra/at-gear-water-bottle-sport-duffel/6724?productid=556620

EDIT: I like this bag because my 1L SIGG bottle fits perfectly, and otherwise too, it's a good bag. If you don't need to carry a water bottle (ugh), look for other bags.

Last edited by Bittu on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:59 am

Bittu wrote:you got a workout this morning and everything hurts at 1045am already? this probably means you'll hurt a LOT more later in the evening and next morning. I dislike trainers. If you HAD to get one, you could have hired him a few weeks AFTER working out, if you saw no results.

http://www.ebags.com/product/high-sierra/at-gear-water-bottle-sport-duffel/6724?productid=556620

am happy with the trainer actually.. made me do exercises that I would not have picked up on my own. Will check out the water bottle, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am

He made me do forward lunges across the basketball court.. Across and back.. and then again, and then in the 3rd round, I went up, but could not go back. Legs had no power left.

Pretty pitiable, considering I have done harder stuff than that when training for badminton, and for continous one hour too. Age is something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:34 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Bittu wrote:you got a workout this morning and everything hurts at 1045am already? this probably means you'll hurt a LOT more later in the evening and next morning. I dislike trainers. If you HAD to get one, you could have hired him a few weeks AFTER working out, if you saw no results.

am happy with the trainer actually.. made me do exercises that I would not have picked up on my own. Will check out the water bottle, thanks!

ah, the bag looks good. thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:34 am

Trace is racing against time.

by 40, she wants to be Miss. Schwartzeneggar-Universe

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:57 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Trace is racing against time.

by 40, she wants to be Miss. Schwartzeneggar-Universe

Are you calling me fat AND old? Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:57 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
If this was NOT a full workout, how'd the full workout be? If I had not paid 300 for this, I was never showing my face there... ever again.

So you are now an official CHAunty with all that fat and huge weight. Huh? Bittu is always correct in his estimations in this case, ;-)

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:00 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
If this was NOT a full workout, how'd the full workout be? If I had not paid 300 for this, I was never showing my face there... ever again.

So you are now an official CHAunty with all that fat and huge weight. Huh? Bittu is always correct in his estimations in this case, ;-)

what do you mean by 'now'? I always was all that. heh. And what do you mean by bittu's estimations? I been pretty TMI about this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:01 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:

So cold!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
The Absolute Zero wrote:

So cold!

I know na! Fat people have feelings too... when will they learn this?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote: I know na! Fat people have feelings too... when will they learn this?

Learned it a long time ago but just confirming it now ;-) The way you post your "eating habits" I/We kinda know about your weight. Just saying. BTW, me too fat, if it makes you feel any better ;-)

There is only one way to get thin - stop eating a lot. Swamiji bola hai - people dig their graves with their teeth. Really we do not need that much food to survive. But when food is visible on the table, I tend to eat. So cleaning out now and locking it up.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:10 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Swamiji bola hai - people dig their graves with their teeth.

That's a nice quote...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
hurts...

First day in gym today.. WITH a PT. Would make me do something in a rep of 10, and then would ask me to do it again, and then again... I had told him I need to tone the abs and upper bod, and he made me do floor exercises, forward lunges, and weights... At one point on the floor, he was like, 'you want to nap now, don't you'.

But the dreadful parting statement was, 'today was just an assesment, next time we'll do a full workout'.

Aiyo, rama. If this was NOT a full workout, how'd the full workout be? If I had not paid 300 for this, I was never showing my face there... ever again.

The first day is the worst - it should get better once your muscles get used to the abuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:19 pm

lunges are terrible...uses quad muscles a lot and those are the largest in the entire body (excluding the back muscles). dunno why you'd do lunges on the first day...ease into a routine first with some cardio and then get into all that intensive training. this is why folks should never hire a personal trainer until they're in decent shape.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm

He came highly recommended by the gym aunty who signed me up... He did show me how to do it right... I have no direct pain or pressure point, just soreness overall....am thinking of hopping into tub with salt in hot water before I sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:45 pm

you;ll hurt like a mofo tomorrow and for two more days atleast. trust me. will be walking funny to say the least.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:52 pm

whenever I started badminton after a long break, I would hurt crazy the next day, and that's why it was very important to go play the next day too... hence am thinking of atleast doing treadmill t'row.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:52 am

The Absolute Zero wrote: Swamiji bola hai - people dig their graves with their teeth.

what a quote! reading TAZ's posts has finally paid off.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:14 am

Another Brick wrote:
The Absolute Zero wrote: Swamiji bola hai - people dig their graves with their teeth.

what a quote! reading TAZ's posts has finally paid off.
Now I got the benefit without paying the price. Thank you for highlighting this contribution.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:33 am

Muscles jumping out of turn
making me waddle like a duck...

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:01 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Muscles jumping out of turn
making me waddle like a duck...

Haha..sorry, this whole thread was quite hilarious.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum