Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#StopHindiImperialism trending in India

+3
Kayalvizhi
southindian
Vakavaka Pakapaka
7 posters

Go down

#StopHindiImperialism trending in India Empty #StopHindiImperialism trending in India

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am

with today being the day of Hindi colonialists celebrating their colonization by using taxpayers' money (including non Hindians) arranging a world hindi conference and discussing ways and means to colonize further.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

#StopHindiImperialism trending in India Empty Re: #StopHindiImperialism trending in India

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:06 am

My project is to kick the illegal Hindi migrants out of Tamil Nadu. Anyone who does not enter TN without a entry permit from state government is illegal, in our view.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

#StopHindiImperialism trending in India Empty Re: #StopHindiImperialism trending in India

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:18 am

So, are you opposed to the world Tamil conference?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:44 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:So, are you opposed to the world Tamil conference?

good question.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:49 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:My project is to kick the illegal Hindi migrants out of Tamil Nadu. Anyone who does not enter TN without a entry permit from state government is illegal, in our view.
Is that the official Canadian view? Since when?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:12 pm

trended for 5 nano seconds alas. current screen shot:

#StopHindiImperialism trending in India Trend10

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/i-learnt-hindi-language-while-selling-tea-pm-narendra-modi/articleshow/48903356.cms

if modi could do it, so can you. c'mon BE A MAN!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:42 pm

Indian gov did not pay for World Tamil Conference. TN and Singapore paid for these conferencs

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:

Indian gov did not pay for World Tamil Conference. TN and Singapore paid for these conferencs

As I said earlier, this time the movement is led by Kannadigas. Let us not narrow it down to just the Tamils who are opposing this second class citizenship.

Hindi is promoted by the Union government that is run by the money from taxpayers majority of whom are non native Hindi speakers. They have a right to demand why their languages are not being promoted.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:53 pm

#StopHindiImperialism trending in India 12011314_10203606064072713_8578659836382380899_n

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:35 pm

It is Bengaluru which started trending first. There is quite a lot of support for anti Hindi imposition in Bengaluru now with a flux of North Hindian arrogant economic migrants who take the locals for granted.

While the media tries to portray this movement as specific to Tamils in reality it is not. Once people become aware of their second class status they are going to fight against it.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Bengalurueans take to Twitter to raise their voice against ‘Hindi Imperialism’

Following the inauguration of the Vishwa Hindi Sammelan by PM Narendra Modi in Bhopal, many Benaglureans took to Twitter to show their dislike for propagating what is being considered the rise of 'Hindi Imperialism'. 

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:45 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:It is Bengaluru which started trending first. There is quite a lot of support for anti Hindi imposition in Bengaluru now with a flux of North Hindian arrogant economic migrants who take the locals for granted.

While the media tries to portray this movement as specific to Tamils in reality it is not. Once people become aware of their second class status they are going to fight against it.

Kannadigas in bangalore claim that there are tamils living in bangalore for generations who have not bothered to learn kannada. Your comments? whenever there were cauvery water protests, my tamil colleagues in bangalore had to rush back to tamil nadu for their safety while i never had such a problem. your thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:29 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:with today being the day of Hindi colonialists celebrating their colonization by using taxpayers' money (including non Hindians) arranging a world hindi conference and discussing ways and means to colonize further.
The flip side of Hindi exposure / education to Tamilians is that the ordinary Tamilians will find out how much close / similar Hindi is to Tamil, and that won't be good in the continuation of the AIT-inspired myth that Tamil and other SI languages (Dravidian @ AIT) are totally different from NI languages (Indo-European / Aryan @  AIT).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:36 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:with today being the day of Hindi colonialists celebrating their colonization by using taxpayers' money (including non Hindians) arranging a world hindi conference and discussing ways and means to colonize further.
The flip side of Hindi exposure / education to Tamilians is that the ordinary Tamilians will find out how much close / similar Hindi is to Tamil, and that won't be good in the continuation of the AIT-inspired myth that Tamil and other SI languages (Dravidian @ AIT) are totally different from NI languages (Indo-European / Aryan @  AIT).

FYI, I do not believe in Aryan / Dravidian theory as well..

That does not take away the fact that non Hindi speakers are treated as second class citizens in the country.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:41 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

That does not take away the fact that non Hindi speakers are treated as second class citizens in the country.

Gujaratis are ruling the country these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:44 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Do you see Bengalis, Marathis, Gujaratis, Pahadis, whose first language is not Hindi, being treated as second class citizens in the country? Certainly not.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:50 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Do you see Bengalis, Marathis, Gujaratis, Pahadis, whose first language is not Hindi, being treated as second class citizens in the country? Certainly not.

Yes, I do. In the facebook group we have active members who are Bengalis and Marathis.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:04 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Yes, I do. In the facebook group we have active members who are Bengalis and Marathis.
And how many Bengalis and Marathis are there on the facebook who are not complaining about Hindi?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:09 am

This is from a Bengali. 

In Hindi raj, linguistic equality is an impossible dream

While the Indian Union celebrated the transfer of power from London to New Delhi this year (called independence in these parts of the world), the twitter hashtag #StopHindiImposition started trending among the all India top 5. Such an act, ‘especially’ on August 15 was termed by some as ‘anti-national’. From when did asking for linguistic equality and fighting against non-consensual imposition of something become an anti-national act, unless being patriotic and being for Hindi imposition are same?

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:18 am

This is from a Marathi. 

Twitterati protest Hindi ‘imposition’

Speaking about how the campaign was organised, Vishal V Navekar said, “We prepared a database of tweets in different languages and asked our members to tweet them using the hashtag #StopHindiImposition,” he said.
The Twitterati also kick-started a debate on issues faced by non-Hindi speakers.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:21 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:This is from a Bengali. 

In Hindi raj, linguistic equality is an impossible dream

While the Indian Union celebrated the transfer of power from London to New Delhi this year (called independence in these parts of the world), the twitter hashtag #StopHindiImposition started trending among the all India top 5. Such an act, ‘especially’ on August 15 was termed by some as ‘anti-national’. From when did asking for linguistic equality and fighting against non-consensual imposition of something become an anti-national act, unless being patriotic and being for Hindi imposition are same?

I personally know many Bengalis, I just received an email from one of them and replied to him, who are not complaining about Hindi (i.e. Bengalis knowing and learning the Hindi language).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:28 am

Seva, it is you who asked 

"Do you see Bengalis, Marathis, Gujaratis, Pahadis, whose first language is not Hindi, being treated as second class citizens in the country? Certainly not."

for which I replied there are Bengalis and Marathis who complain about the second class treatment meted out to them and gave a couple of links to prove. 

So, I am not sure what you are trying to prove by saying there exists Bengalis and Marathis who are fine with being treated as second class citizens. 

Even when Indian Independence movement started, there were millions of people who were happy with the British rule and wanted that to continue. That does not mean anything in the long run.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:30 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:

As I said earlier, this time the movement is led by Kannadigas. Let us not narrow it down to just the Tamils who are opposing this second class citizenship.

Hindi is promoted by the Union government that is run by the money from taxpayers majority of whom are non native Hindi speakers. They have a right to demand why their languages are not being promoted.
As Canadian you cry too much... for nothing.

I visit TN more than you did in last 10 years and know Chennai of 2015. You have no idea of the ground realities in Tamil Nadu.

Dude, you are just a hot bubble and waste of time here.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:35 am

southindian wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:

I visit TN more than you did in last 10 years and know Chennai of 2015. You have no idea of the ground realities in Tamil Nadu.

Dude, What the ??? . Canadian. you are mistaking me for someone else.

I have been living in Chennai since 2010, watching a debate in a tamil channel rite now, this topic is next at 9.00 PM slot. I'm going to attend the language equality meet scheduled next week in Chennai going to be attended by folks all over the country.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:34 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
southindian wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:

I have been living in Chennai since 2010, watching a debate in a tamil channel rite now, this topic is next at 9.00 PM slot. I'm going to attend the language equality meet scheduled next week in Chennai going to be attended by folks all over the country.
Not you. It was for that 1965 Canadian clown.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:38 pm

southindian wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:

It looks like the season of protests never ends in India ...  the Gujaratis are protesting against the caste based quotas and the Tamilians and others now planning protests against Hindi, and so on.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
southindian wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:

It looks like the season of protests never ends in India ...  the Gujaratis are protesting against the caste based quotas and the Tamilians and others now planning protests against Hindi, and so on.

Ponniyan Selvan is of course a strong supporter of caste based quotas as per his prior posts on sulekha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:50 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:I'm going to attend the language equality meet scheduled next week in Chennai going to be attended by folks all over the country.

PS,

Tell thee people about Tamil Tribune. It has over 60 archived articles on various aspects of Hindi imposition.

They can go to the web site and click on archived articles. or search Internet for  
<< Tamil Tribune Hindi imposition >>

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:05 pm

>>>PS,

Then stop saying 'eh' at the end of every sentence. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:27 am

Kris wrote:

>>>PS,

Then stop saying 'eh' at the end of every sentence. Smile
That's right. You can't / shouldn't do that (say 'eh' at the end of every sentence) unless you are a bona fide Canadian.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:32 am

PS -- this time it does seem the effort to thwart hindi pushing seems more broad-based and not so easy to dismiss as just fanatic tamilians doing their bit. finally other people are waking up. thanks for posting this here.  good luck.

one comment -- best not to call this "imperialism". it's more like an annoying gnat that won't go away. change the name to swatting_the_hindi_gnat or something like that.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:50 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:PS -- this time it does seem the effort to thwart hindi pushing seems more broad-based and not so easy to dismiss as just fanatic tamilians doing their bit. finally other people are waking up. thanks for posting this here.  good luck.

one comment -- best not to call this "imperialism".  it's more like an annoying gnat that won't go away. change the name to swatting_the_hindi_gnat or something like that.

That's right, Max. This time it is the Kannadigas who are acting with passion.. We should thank the arrogance of waves of Hindian migrants in Bengaluru. 
Plus, technology makes it easy for us to connect now than 50 years back. Even then people there would have had their grouses. Next ideal step for Kannadigas is to create their state centric parties and support them like what happens in Tamilnadu. 

Actually, Hindi is creeping into many areas, in fact all domains under the control of Union government. Previously we had our languages in trains / reservation charts / tickets etc. It was all taken out and now it is only Hindi and English. esp. with the RSS backed Modi govt, this is gaining faster pace.. So StopHindiImperialism is the right word IMHO.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down