Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahmed Mohamed and the time clock

5 posters

Go down

Ahmed Mohamed and the time clock Empty Ahmed Mohamed and the time clock

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:06 am

....represents the prevailing impression around the world. Call it sterotyping or super security....no one else can be blamed for this situation but Themselves.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Ahmed Mohamed and the time clock Empty Re: Ahmed Mohamed and the time clock

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:14 am

Beat me to it. Logged in to post this but got distracted.

Don't you even feel sorry for the kid?

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:43 am

ashaNirasha wrote:Beat me to it. Logged in to post this but got distracted.

That is a different issue on a personal level. But, why blame the teacher....blame it on the env created by the Ummah. I feel sorry for the kid and he should leave iSlam and how he will overnight be seen as a genius.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:58 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

That is a different issue on a personal level. But, why blame the teacher....blame it on the env created by the Ummah. I feel sorry for the kid and he should leave iSlam and how he will overnight be seen as a genius.

this isnt just the ummah issue, it's the general level of paranoia in the country, especially schools with all the shootings, zero tolerance policies and like.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

this isnt just the ummah issue, it's the general level of paranoia in the country, especially schools with all the shootings, zero tolerance policies and like.

Yes...but what caused this level of paranoia ? Zero tolerance applies to a variety of things including rape, stealing, threatening, etc..etc..

If this guy had a hindu name or a Christian name - he definitely will not be in focus today. So Ummah factor takes 97% of the credit for this paranoia - justifiably.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:10 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Yes...but what caused this level of paranoia ? Zero tolerance applies to a variety of things including rape, stealing, threatening, etc..etc..

If this guy had a hindu name or a Christian name - he definitely will not be in focus today.  So Ummah factor takes 97% of the credit for this paranoia - justifiably.

white, asian, black kids get into trouble at school everyday over mundane shit. it just doesnt get the publicity coz they dont have CAIR to get political mileage out of this unfortunate situation.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:57 pm

...well..Ahmed Mohamed is now famous.

“I think this wouldn’t even be a question if his name wasn't Ahmed Mohamed,” said Alia Salem, executive director of CAIR’s North Texas chapter. “He is an excited kid who is very bright and wants to share it with his teachers.”

Now this kid does not have to worry about getting into Harvard, MIT or Stanford - Thanks to his English teacher.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:30 pm

I agree with uppli. If he wasn't Muslim n if Muslims hadn't created a bad name for themselves, this wouldn't be proposed as one of the presidential debate topics for tonight. 

Muslims have scared everyone n the peaceful people face the consequences too.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 pm

You don't get it Saamiyaar. Obama invited him to the White House, Zuckerberg to facebook. Very soon Harvard and Yale will offer admission to him. The kid will be famous.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:24 pm

So.. I was right.... Already MIT has noticed him (now it is a done deal)....and...oh...another thing.. His parents are from Sudan....

Pheww.... Imagine the Protest, stone throwing, fatwas and threats that would have been issued in India had he been from the Indian subcontinent.

Thank you "Ahmed the Clock Mohamed" - for being a Sudanese American.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:59 pm

MIT for making an alarm clock. That's it. Muslim kids can now make hello world java programs n get into MIT.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:44 pm

seven wrote:MIT for making an alarm clock. That's it. Muslim kids can now make hello world java programs n get into MIT.

This guy is a smart kid he would easily get into MIT bcz he will be considered a BLACK-despite his likely claim to be a Sundanese Arab (according to US he is WHITE).

In any case, this guy seems to be at least interested, curious kid and should be encouraged.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down