Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i've been in this situation

2 posters

Go down

i've been in this situation Empty i've been in this situation

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:56 pm

where the elevator stopped midway and the door was opened and I would've had a 1 foot jump to the ground. The security guy said, " you can try to come out since it's such a low jump. And I said, "No, I will wait for the firefighters to come." And I just waited inside the elevator car until they brought it down level to the level of the ground so I could walk out normally.
And when the firefighters came they chastised the guy who was telling me to come out for engaging in unsafe practices. I was late by 40 mins for my next commitment. Happened at work.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/nyregion/man-killed-in-elevator-accident-in-brooklyn-apartment-building.html

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

i've been in this situation Empty Re: i've been in this situation

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:12 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:where the elevator stopped midway and the door was opened and I would've had a 1 foot jump to the ground. The security guy said, " you can try to come out since it's such a low jump. And I said, "No, I will wait for the firefighters to come." And I just waited inside the elevator car until they brought it down level to the level of the ground so I could walk out normally.
And when the firefighters came they chastised the guy who was telling me to come out for engaging in unsafe practices. I was late by 40 mins for my next commitment. Happened at work.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/nyregion/man-killed-in-elevator-accident-in-brooklyn-apartment-building.html

hmm happened to me too, back in india. friend's building. it was one of those elevators that had manual grilled doors (dunno what you call them)… i am fuzzy on the technical details, but while the elevator was going up, from the ground floor, the outside door - that was loose but i didn't know i had to be careful with it - got stuck and bent, and that stopped the lift about a foot above the floor. I could open the inside door, and a guy outside helped me jump out as there was enough room. The building people gave me hate stares for about 1 week as that was the only elevator there and now that "I broke it", they had to carry water and stuff by stairs daily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:where the elevator stopped midway and the door was opened and I would've had a 1 foot jump to the ground. The security guy said, " you can try to come out since it's such a low jump. And I said, "No, I will wait for the firefighters to come." And I just waited inside the elevator car until they brought it down level to the level of the ground so I could walk out normally.

hmm happened to me too, back in india. friend's building. it was one of those elevators that had manual grilled doors (dunno what you call them)… i am fuzzy on the technical details, but while the elevator was going up, from the ground floor, the outside door - that was loose but i didn't know i had to be careful with it - got stuck and bent, and that stopped the lift about a foot above the floor. I could open the inside door, and a guy outside helped me jump out as there was enough room. The building people gave me hate stares for about 1 week as that was the only elevator there and now that "I broke it", they had to carry water and stuff by stairs daily.

So you broke a "lift" even in "those" days?..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down