Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Earth dies in 4.6B years, Will Krishna or Md or Jesus exist?

4 posters

Go down

When Earth dies in 4.6B years, Will Krishna or Md or Jesus exist? Empty When Earth dies in 4.6B years, Will Krishna or Md or Jesus exist?

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:44 pm

Sun is a star. Will die like any, and so will Earth. Though a few billion years away.

But when talking of Religions, and "our" Gods, one must question - 

When Earth dies in 4.6B years, Will Krishna or Md or Jesus exist?

Nope.

They die with us, because their identity is of a specific "human" who was born on this planet.

So, as Earth dies, so do the people who believe in them, and so do they.

What they taught us, may be alive in some other planet. 

But as far as they are concerned, none would know.

random distinctions between religious Gods, and THE God,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

When Earth dies in 4.6B years, Will Krishna or Md or Jesus exist? Empty Re: When Earth dies in 4.6B years, Will Krishna or Md or Jesus exist?

Post by seven Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:41 am

The plan is to migrate to another galaxy with a new sun. If Hindus discover the new Sun first, we can name is Surya; the new Sun. We also take our gods with us. 
I'm biased n I'm betting Krishna will be there. Mohammed - I doubt will survive even 1000 more years.

seven

Back to top Go down

When Earth dies in 4.6B years, Will Krishna or Md or Jesus exist? Empty Re: When Earth dies in 4.6B years, Will Krishna or Md or Jesus exist?

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:10 pm

Btw, based on my reading of the Rig Veda, as I had indicated in one of my blogs, Earth's revolution around the Sun might have taken 360 Earth days during the time of Rig Veda composition (instead of 365.25 days currently). This probably led to the idea of 360 degrees in a circle (cycle / revolution), with each circular degree matching the rotational movement of Earth around the Sun. In simplest terms, i.e. after ignoring other considerations (i.e. changes in mass of the Earth-Moon system and deviations in the Ecliptic, etc.), a slightly higher value (an increase of only about 0.15%) in Earth's moment of inertia around its rotational axis probably would lead to slightly longer Earth days, resulting in its completing the rotation around the Sun in only 360 days (thus making the Year have only 360 days). Did differences in weather / climate on Earth during the Vedic times and now have anything to do with it, such as more snow etc. floating on Earth during Vedic times (Ice Age conditions) leading to a higher (rotational) inertia value for Earth long ago?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Btw, based on my reading of the Rig Veda, as I had indicated in one of my blogs, Earth's revolution around the Sun might have taken 360 Earth days during the time of Rig Veda composition (instead of 365.25 days currently). This probably led to the idea of 360 degrees in a circle (cycle / revolution), with each circular degree matching the daily rotational movement of Earth around the Sun. In simplest terms, i.e. after ignoring other considerations (i.e. changes in mass of the Earth-Moon system and deviations in the Ecliptic, etc.), a slightly higher value (an increase of only about 0.15%) in Earth's moment of inertia around its rotational axis probably would lead to slightly longer Earth days, resulting in its completing the rotation around the Sun in only 360 days (thus making the Year have only 360 days). Did differences in weather / climate on Earth during the Vedic times and now have anything to do with it, such as more snow etc. floating on Earth during Vedic times (Ice Age conditions) leading to a higher (rotational) inertia value for Earth long ago?
just a small clarification (in the bold) in the above.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi Seva,

Whats written in books/scriptures. 

It actually kills my interest to "know" about anything.

True knowledge has to come from experience, alone. Perhaps, its validated with whats written. But whats written is as a "support" to a point, NOT as the "starting point".

The books must act as the "bridge" between one's knowledge and experience. 

Not as rules. 

As you can tell, Hinduism  gave birth to other religions like Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism simply because ALL of them discarded the "rituals" heavily practised in Hinduism at their times.

Its not about Vedas. or Bible or Q'uraan.

Any human would have learnt nothing, had s/he not learnt by realizing. If one has read Vedas, talk about what is that they have learnt in real life, not whats written in them.

We are no longer the 5th grade student, who needs to answer in the exams - What was the reply of X to Y?

Mention of scriptures is a big turn off.

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:41 am

Are we saying that these dwivedis, trivedis and chaturvedis are a bunch of idiots

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:43 pm

CD - If your mind still works in terms of caste as determined by last name, you should avoid my posts. Such an obsolete system, yet practised so widely in India. As for Vedis, all I know is that when I was 19, I was studying for my Material Science exams next day, during my Engg, surrounded by 6-7 other students, while the music was full on. And this dude, was not studying. Trivedi. I asked him, why he did not care to study, and his reply was - It does not matter, he wont pass. Taken aback, I tried to teach him for the next 2 hours, so he gets inspired. Only to be told by him -

He is too "high" on grass, but he saw the Mat Science professor in me!

Geez.

Now he is a CEO of a company in India, making far more than I do in US.

Life, and its ways,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:41 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Hi Seva,

Whats written in books/scriptures. 

It actually kills my interest to "know" about anything.

True knowledge has to come from experience, alone. Perhaps, its validated with whats written. But whats written is as a "support" to a point, NOT as the "starting point".

The books must act as the "bridge" between one's knowledge and experience. 

Not as rules. 

TS,
The earlier post by me was not to glorify the Vedas (Rig Veda specifically), but to shed light only on the origin of a very odd / strange number, i.e. 360 degrees in a circle.
I pointed out that, according to a Rig Vedic hymn (which I had posted and discussed in "The early Vedic hymns on mathematics, time relations and religio-philosophy" --- https://such.forumotion.com/t13430-the-early-vedic-hymns-on-mathematics-time-relations-and-religio-philosophy), this number (360 degrees in a circle) might be based on the Earth (at one time) revolving around the Sun in 360 days, such that one Earth day or one revolution of Earth around its axis corresponds to one degree orbital rotation of Earth around the Sun.
Moreover, I tried to show that, after leaving all else aside (i.e. ignoring the changes in the Ecliptic, masses etc. of Earth and Moon ...), such a possibility (Earth completing the revolution around the Sun in 360 days) could exist due to a slightly higher value in Earth's inertia (+0.15%). It's not really following the Veda for religion or blindly.

Btw, I have reposted our earlier discussion related to gyana, karma and bhakti in https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_aoi30gM1_nclBINnJpNXpoTDA&usp=sharing (E8).

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down