Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of these days...

+2
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

One of these days... Empty One of these days...

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:03 pm

I am so gonna be a victim of racial profiling....

daughter's bff's parents were refusing her to do a sleepover at my place... why? 'You are going to spend 911 weekend at a muslim's place?'

the bff was like, 'what? swati is not a muslim'. Her dad was like, 'well her mother is'.

Apparently, her mother who has met us assumed that K is a hindu and I am a muslim. Now I get it... one of her other friend's mom had also kinda stopped short shocked when she had met me in the mall. Another two friends' moms were extra nice.

Daughter used to think they are surprised coz we look nothing like each other. But now I am thinking there is more prejudice going on there.

Oh well.... every day I walk across a line up of a dozen policemen... one of these days.... maybe.....

Back to top Go down

One of these days... Empty Re: One of these days...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I am so gonna be a victim of racial profiling....

daughter's bff's parents were refusing her to do a sleepover at my place... why? 'You are going to spend 911 weekend at a muslim's place?'

the bff was like, 'what? swati is not a muslim'. Her dad was like, 'well her mother is'.

Apparently, her mother who has met us assumed that K is a hindu and I am a muslim. Now I get it... one of her other friend's mom had also kinda stopped short shocked when she had met me in the mall. Another two friends' moms were extra nice.

Daughter used to think they are surprised coz we look nothing like each other. But now I am thinking there is more prejudice going on there.

Listen to the Saamiyaar Gyaan - Ignore all the fakularist Agyan propagated by the idiotic Secular Brigade.

EVERYONE does racial profiling - at least subconsciously. Profiling is on in every aspect of one's life. Whenever someone say "in my experience" there is actual profiling going on there.

The Whities HATE as in H A T E muslims - like you would never imagine. The key is to join them in muslim bashing when the friends are "free-rollin" to indicate that you are not ONE of them. If your kid spoke "Secularly" at that time defending the iSalaamis, the idiotic Whities (there is a profiling for you) would assume that your kid was also muslim.

When anyone tells me if i were from Pakistan I reply - yeah rite...don't ever compare me with our 1000-yr old enemies...

I am yet to see a whitie speak "fakularly" giving the benefit of doubt to the Jehadis or praising the isalaamis like the Indian Idiot Brigade does all the time.

Also, whities not coming for a stay over at your place involves the lack of familiarity of other cultures to the whities (blame the Oak Road Boys for that).

Oh well.... every day I walk across a line up of a dozen policemen... one of these days.... maybe.....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Oh I forgot to add, he did send her eventually. She has been coming over for years, so dunno why this prejudice was. Maybe this (me) was a newfound info for them, and hopefully it's gone now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:18 pm

It's not easy to be a muslim in this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:33 pm

kinnera wrote:It's not easy to be a muslim in this country.

Of course not. But, it is their own making - inward thinking and calling all others Infidels and Kafirs (I explained a whitie yesterday on how iSalaamis call other religionists.).

Watch how they spring to the defense of fellow killer Jehadis...the usual route " killing of anyone is bad and I neve support that. But, look why the jehadis indulge in killing....it is bcz of years of prejudice against them in Middle east, Kashmir, Isreal, India" and their eyes will start glowing bcz of all the hidden hatred suddenly oozing out of their eyes and mouth.

Well.... hv no mercy whatsoever for them - as a group. They fully deserve it and Allah is showering the world hatred on them to match their hatred of the world.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Of course not. But, it is their own making - inward thinking and calling all others Infidels and Kafirs (I explained a whitie yesterday on how iSalaamis call other religionists.).

Watch how they spring to the defense of fellow killer Jehadis...the usual route " killing of anyone is bad and I neve support that. But, look why the jehadis indulge in killing....it is bcz of years of prejudice against them in Middle east, Kashmir, Isreal, India" and their eyes will start glowing bcz of all the hidden hatred suddenly oozing out of their eyes and mouth.

Well.... hv no mercy whatsoever for them - as a group. They fully deserve it and Allah is showering the world hatred on them to match their hatred of the world.

I need to read Quran, one of these days. Curious to know what's actually in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:43 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:the bff was like, 'what? swati is not a muslim'. Her dad was like, 'well her mother is'.
do you think it could be the heavy perfume, the glittering lehngas, and the veils you wear that made him think so? or could the bff have seen you worshiping your husband while karvaing the chauth?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:40 am

Tracy Whitney wrote: daughter's bff's parents were refusing her to do a sleepover at my place... why? 'You are going to spend 911 weekend at a muslim's place?'

Another reason to keep wearing bindi on forehead. It is not for nothing the elders prescribed it ALL THE TIME. Huh?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote: daughter's bff's parents were refusing her to do a sleepover at my place... why? 'You are going to spend 911 weekend at a muslim's place?'

Another reason to keep wearing bindi on forehead. It is not for nothing the elders prescribed it ALL THE TIME. Huh?

true true and all that ..works well in desh ..here particularly NJ at one time there were dot-busters and that's creepy No Crying or Very sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:47 am

who what is bff?
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:49 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:the bff was like, 'what? swati is not a muslim'. Her dad was like, 'well her mother is'.
do you think it could be the heavy perfume, the glittering lehngas, and the veils you wear that made him think so? or could the bff have seen you worshiping your husband while karvaing the chauth?

LOL JM, you get cute-r as you get clueless-er, sorta like these amrikans. Lehenga is EXACTLY what distinguishes typical hindu/indian women from the muslim counterparts. Paki women, and also mostly punjabi and sindhi women used to wear salwar suits. Sharara for muslim women on special occasions. They were distinguished by the way the salwars ended in the cuffs.

While lehenga is more UP/Rajasthan and cowbelt specific. In fact after partition, when all the muslims left from my mom's hometown in Rajasthan, and the Sindhis replaced them, it was a matter of confusion among local people there, who would view these sindhi women with amusement coz they wore salwar suits like the earlier muslim inhabitants, and hence the word aadhe-muslim (hald muslims) for Sindhis were coined. Maybe also coz the kids would cry 'rabba' or 'allah' when hurt.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:50 am

kinnera wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I need to read Quran, one of these days. Curious to know what's actually in there.

Kinnera,

What's actually in the Quran ,what's actually interpreted by you and me, what's actually interpreted by its followers are three diffferent things
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:50 am

garam_kuta wrote:
The Absolute Zero wrote:

true true and all that ..works well in desh ..here particularly NJ at one time there were dot-busters and that's creepy No Crying or Very sad

Yeah, when getting killed, atleast get killed for the right reasons, and not coz of a confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Lehenga is EXACTLY what distinguishes typical hindu/indian women from the muslim counterparts. Paki women, and also mostly punjabi and sindhi women used to wear salwar suits. Sharara for muslim women on special occasions. They were distinguished by the way the salwars ended in the cuffs.

jm should spend more time with his paki friends discussing their sartorial habits. good homework.

btw i did not know this (lehnga/hindu vs sharara/muslim). i suppose the lacha (popular in india) is also a sharara, i.e something single piece vs two piece (ghagra choli).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:10 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Lehenga is EXACTLY what distinguishes typical hindu/indian women from the muslim counterparts. Paki women, and also mostly punjabi and sindhi women used to wear salwar suits. Sharara for muslim women on special occasions. They were distinguished by the way the salwars ended in the cuffs.

jm should spend more time with his paki friends discussing their sartorial habits. good homework.

btw i did not know this (lehnga/hindu vs sharara/muslim). i suppose the lacha (popular in india) is also a sharara, i.e something single piece vs two piece (ghagra choli).

no lacha is just another lehenga. I am not sure but I *think* it's less flared and its choli is like the sari's choli, and not longish like in lehenga... to be honest, I am saying this just coz one of my cousins made me wear her 'brand new' lacha in one of my others cousin's wedding (instead of the sari that I had packed - she loved me modelling her clothes and jewelry for whatever reason - mostly even before she wore it herself, or maybe she loved me too much). So anyway, she kept calling it lacha, and this was the pattern of it.

sharara is those parallels like salwars with a band just over the knees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:15 am

yup got you. your description match with the google images now. both (sharara and lehngas) are two piece attires. ok, i think i'll go confabulate with the wife on this heavy topic now. JM you let us know in more detail later after your confabulations. you have access -- we don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:23 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:yup got you. your description match with the google images now. both (sharara and lehngas) are two piece attires. ok, i think i'll go confabulate with the wife on this heavy topic now. JM you let us know in more detail later after your confabulations. you have access -- we don't.

are you gonna bombard this thread with every piece of info that you get on this topic? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:18 pm

lol no. i did speak with my wife. and now i understand this dress sense very well. anything to do with pants is punjab, sind and beyond culture. anything to do with two legs sticking out of a lungi thing (among women) is typically indian and beyond (east) culture.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 pm

too bad it happened to you because i haven't seen you express hatred towards indian muslims. it would have been more delicious irony and a lot funnier had it happened to the likes of gyanputra and uppili.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:31 pm

what are you talking abort and who are you talking to? will i have to use "dumb as a door knob" phrase again tonight?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:32 pm

note to all: when i don't have a specific quote in a post, it should be assumed that i am replying to the original poster.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:lol no. i did speak with my wife. and now i understand this dress sense very well. anything to do with pants is punjab, sind and beyond culture. anything to do with two legs sticking out of a lungi thing (among women) is typically indian and beyond (east) culture.

I am trying to picture haughty Indian women dressing exquisitely with their fat, hairy, rich legs sticking out of a lungi thing

Razz
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down