Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

manOnmaNIyam sundaram piLLai - thamizh thAi vAzhththu

2 posters

Go down

manOnmaNIyam sundaram piLLai - thamizh thAi vAzhththu Empty manOnmaNIyam sundaram piLLai - thamizh thAi vAzhththu

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:59 pm

i was reminded of this song after many decades. i had almost forgotten about it, until i listened to it when i was watching something that was sent to me. they used to play it at school at the beginning of major events instead of the national anthem. this is TN's state anthem:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

manOnmaNIyam sundaram piLLai - thamizh thAi vAzhththu Empty Re: manOnmaNIyam sundaram piLLai - thamizh thAi vAzhththu

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:00 am

There is a line sung in this poem "un seerizamai thiRam viyanthu" (your young nature). TN gov removed 2 lines from the original because some fanatics threatened to sue the gov. One removed line is "ariyam pol ulagavazakkozinthu sithayaavun seerizamai thiRam viyanthu". TN fremoved "unlike Sansskrit that died, you keep young)'

We feel that TN gov should have defended the song at high court. It would have been a great debate, Read more at
http://www.tamiltribune.com/02/1002.html

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down