Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The poll after Trump's "Muslim" remark......

+5
MaxEntropy_Man
seven
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Seva Lamberdar
southindian
9 posters

Go down

The poll after Trump's "Muslim" remark...... Empty The poll after Trump's "Muslim" remark......

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:05 am

.....If it were in India, the Sikular gang will jump up and down like monkeys returning their junk awards.....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Fear-of-terrorism-lifts-Donald-Trump-to-new-high-in-poll/articleshow/50132477.cms

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

The poll after Trump's "Muslim" remark...... Empty Re: The poll after Trump's "Muslim" remark......

Post by southindian Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:12 am

Ha ha ha

I am Aamir Khan. My wife is scared for safety of our son. I' migrating to India.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

The poll after Trump's "Muslim" remark...... Empty Re: The poll after Trump's "Muslim" remark......

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:10 am

vp -- are you really so far gone in your hatred for Muslims that you feel compelled to write nonsense like this? do you really not recognize the threat that trump poses to every decent value that are at the core of the U.S. that you and i and every other immigrant has enjoyed? why do you think his own party members are starting to call him unhinged?

and in a related matter, do you not see the difference between an elected government and a presidential candidate?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:58 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:.....If it were in India, the Sikular gang will jump up and down like monkeys returning their junk awards.....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Fear-of-terrorism-lifts-Donald-Trump-to-new-high-in-poll/articleshow/50132477.cms
Smile and no one is even discussing "Intolerance in USA".

Let me understand this... If Trump's poll numbers have jumped higher then more people must be liking what he's saying. Right? Which means more Americans want someone like Trump to lead them. Maybe not all but 40% approval rating people (about 12% eligible voters). 

You are right on... If this had happened in India this site would be on fire Smile Giving friendly preventive advice on USA is soooooo easy. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:33 am

southindian wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:.....If it were in India, the Sikular gang will jump up and down like monkeys returning their junk awards.....

Smile and no one is even discussing "Intolerance in USA".
It seems like a debate between secularism and democracy versus sharia and hijab.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:01 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:vp -- are you really so far gone in your hatred for Muslims that you feel compelled to write nonsense like this? do you really not recognize the threat that trump poses to every decent value that are at the core of the U.S. that you and i and every other immigrant has enjoyed? why do you think his own party members are starting to call him unhinged?

and in a related matter, do you not see the difference between an elected government and a presidential candidate?

I was just comparing the reaction in the US with that in India. I suppose, according to you, based on the "intolerance" debate, India is much more enlightened than the US.

I don't support Trump. But look at what the poll shows! People are thinking about the terrorist attacks and relating them to the ideology behind. In my view, the Mani Shankar Aiyers of India are narcissistic jerks.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:06 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:vp -- are you really so far gone in your hatred for Muslims that you feel compelled to write nonsense like this? do you really not recognize the threat that trump poses to every decent value that are at the core of the U.S. that you and i and every other immigrant has enjoyed? why do you think his own party members are starting to call him unhinged?

I was just comparing the reaction in the US with that in India. I suppose, according to you, based on the "intolerance" debate, India is much more enlightened than the US.

I don't support Trump. But look at what the poll shows! People are thinking about the terrorist attacks and relating them to the ideology behind. In my view, the Mani Shankar Aiyers of India are narcissistic jerks.

in many ways india is more enlightened than the US.  they don't always deal with it well, but india has dealt with diversity far longer than the US.  i don't think the people who are supporting trump are thinking much, but are simply reacting to a fear.  so how would this trump proposal work? just ask people entering or reentering the US if they are muslims, assume everyone is going to answer honestly, and then send those away who answer in the affirmative? forget about the bigotry. his political opponents should hammer him on the stupidity of his idea first. anyone who is willing to suggest such an idiotic scheme is unqualified to be president.  we can talk about bigotry later.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:18 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

in many ways india is more enlightened than the US.  they don't always deal with it well, but india has dealt with diversity far longer than the US.  i don't think the people who are supporting trump are thinking much, but are simply reacting to a fear.  so how would this trump proposal work? just ask a guy entering or reentering the US if they are muslims, assume everyone is going to answer honestly, and then send those away who answer in the affirmative? forget about the bigotry. his political opponents should hammer him on the stupidity of his idea first. anyone who is willing to suggest such an idiotic scheme is unqualified to be president.  we can talk about bigotry later.  

I don't think Trump is a serious candidate. Apparently, he is now talking about contesting as an independent. If he really does that, the Republican vote will split. Trump is a good friend of the Clintons.

India is a soft state - an easy target for self-serving strategies (by China, UK, USA, Russia, etc.) in the international arena. Indian "intellectuals" don't really talk from strength.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:22 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

in many ways india is more enlightened than the US.  they don't always deal with it well, but india has dealt with diversity far longer than the US.  i don't think the people who are supporting trump are thinking much, but are simply reacting to a fear.  so how would this trump proposal work? just ask people entering or reentering the US if they are muslims, assume everyone is going to answer honestly, and then send those away who answer in the affirmative? forget about the bigotry. his political opponents should hammer him on the stupidity of his idea first. anyone who is willing to suggest such an idiotic scheme is unqualified to be president.  we can talk about bigotry later.
What enlightened? People even foolishly believe that it is alright to call India a secular country while Indians officially continue to follow and live according to religious laws. As for India being able to deal with the diversity, that is only because the majority in India seems to kowtow to minorities on almost every issue, lest it be called "intolerant". Try implementing the UCC!
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:57 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

What enlightened? People even foolishly believe that it is alright to call India a secular country while Indians officially continue to follow and live according to religious laws. As for India being able to deal with the diversity, that is only because the majority in India seems to kowtow to minorities on almost every issue, lest it be called "intolerant". Try implementing the UCC!

Yeah. If a Hindu doesn't self-deprecate, he becomes an "intolerant" Chaddi. Those who follow Semitic religions talk about "secularism" (for political gain) even though the religions they practice are fundamentally opposed to Secularism. Self-deprecating Hindu "intellectuals" join the cunning oxymoron crowd and do everything possible to obstruct Secular ideas (like UCC). The Christopher Hitchens of the world become Chaddis in the minds of self-deprecating Indian Sikular "intellectuals".

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:47 pm

That's why I like Trump. He's not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:27 pm

I like the late Chris Hitchens a lot VP. I'm sure if the big guy was alive today he'd think Trump is a demagogue and his followers morons.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm not sure why nobody is asking questions of how Trump intends to implement his no Muslims policy. If they do that he'll be exposed as a hollow loud mouth. Instead everyone is bent out of shape about the principle of the thing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I like the late Chris Hitchens a lot VP. I'm sure if the big guy was alive today he'd think Trump is a demagogue and his followers morons.

He would say that. He would also say that the ISIS morons are barbaric. He won't leave cowardly intellectuals (who keep quiet on iSlamic terrorism) alone - he will tell them to fkoff.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I like the late Chris Hitchens a lot VP. I'm sure if the big guy was alive today he'd think Trump is a demagogue and his followers morons.

He would say that. He would also say that the ISIS morons are barbaric. He won't leave cowardly intellectuals (who keep quiet on iSlamic terrorism) alone - he will tell them to fkoff.

For a change, I agree with that completely.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Polls show that only chaddies a.k.a morons are supporting Trump.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:51 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

If you can all of a group (chaddis or trump's voters) as morons, what is wrong with another person characterizing muslims as a group terrorists? How is your stereotyping justified ?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:02 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

If you can all of a group (chaddis or trump's voters) as morons, what is wrong with another person characterizing muslims as a group terrorists? How is your stereotyping justified ?
Don't you think that the labels, liberals, conservatives, democrats, republicans are a kind of stereotyping as well?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:22 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Don't you think that the labels, liberals, conservatives, democrats, republicans are a kind of stereotyping as well?

Liberals, ... , republicans are names of people holding a certain type of political views. Moron means a stupid person. Any logical person can see the difference in the usage word liberal and moron.

Try again and dig yourself out of this ....... mess.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:25 pm

>>>Trump's plan is not actionable logistically or legally. If he had modified that to restrictions on people from troubled areas (Syria, for instance) without being vetted out, that could be well in line with others in the game ( I am guessing, I am not keeping up on this). This is his ploy to gain a big lead and it seems to be deliberate.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:27 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

>>>Chaddies are part of the american populace now voting in polls on presidential candidates?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>Trump's plan is not actionable logistically or legally. If he had modified that to restrictions on people from troubled areas (Syria, for instance) without being vetted out, that could be well in line with others in the game ( I am guessing, I am not keeping up on this). This is his ploy to gain a big lead and it seems to be deliberate.

Kris,

Congress passed some visa restrictions similar to what you suggested.

Trump did not win his following by appealing to voter's logic and reason. His strength is the fear in people's mind.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:38 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Kris wrote:

Kris,

Congress passed some visa restrictions similar to what you suggested.

Trump did not win his following by appealing to voter's logic and reason.  His strength is the fear in people's mind.

TBT,

That is my point. He wants to seem like Mr. Tough Guy and this is a deliberate ploy by tapping into fear and anger.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:39 pm

Kris wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

>>>Chaddies are part of the american populace now voting in polls on presidential candidates?
From what I noticed, a few suCHer-patriots are.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Kris wrote:

Yeah. However, I don't think Trump is there for the long haul.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:03 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kris wrote:

Yeah. However, I don't think Trump is there for the long haul.
>>> I don't think so either, but if there are more terrorist incidents you never know.This is going to be an interesting race anyway, even without it with the fallout within the GOP.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:19 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Liberals, ... , republicans are names of people holding a certain type of political views.  Moron means a stupid person.  Any logical person can see the difference in the usage word liberal and moron.  

Try again and dig yourself out of this  ....... mess.
Most liberals call republicans morons for their views on abortion, what does that tell you?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Liberals, ... , republicans are names of people holding a certain type of political views.  Moron means a stupid person.  Any logical person can see the difference in the usage word liberal and moron.  

Try again and dig yourself out of this  ....... mess.
Most liberals call republicans morons for their views on abortion, what does that tell you?
You mean just like republicans call muslims terrorists.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:14 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Yeah. If a Hindu doesn't self-deprecate, he becomes an "intolerant" Chaddi. Those who follow Semitic religions talk about "secularism" (for political gain) even though the religions they practice are fundamentally opposed to Secularism. Self-deprecating Hindu "intellectuals" join the cunning oxymoron crowd and do everything possible to obstruct Secular ideas (like UCC). The Christopher Hitchens of the world become Chaddis in the minds of self-deprecating Indian Sikular "intellectuals".
right phrase - cunning oxymoron.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:33 am

It is good that Trump is a Billionaiire businessman bcz he will go back to making his money after the elections. He is the Le Pen of US. There is a SIGNIFICANT % of US population that is concerned with gun ownership, Jesus, Illegals and Abortion. This large population (mostly blue collar) is ignored by the Republicans after the primaries and Democrats dont care. This is a "lost" tribe that looks to a shining armor at every election. Perot, Palin and Trump are the result. These politicians bring it into the open the unsaid and politically incorrect statements about issues that are strongly felt by a large population that are most directly affected.

Just like the Illegal issue and abortion issue keep cropping up frequently so will the Muslim issue. It is sown and it is not going away ever from US politics. It is good that Trump brought it out bcz it will put the Kullas on the notice and on watch thus wont openly scream "for their rights"and Sharia. After Trump, someone else will pick up on this issue and keep it alive. This is what the BJP win and Modi did to the Indian Muslims - who now soley depend on Sonia Italian Mata to be their spokesman. This should have been done way back in 1950s and Muslims in India would have been much quieter.

So thank Trump for putting a lid on the Kullas and Mullahs.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:47 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
It is good that Trump is a Billionaiire businessman bcz he will go back to making his money after the elections. He is the Le Pen of US.  There is a SIGNIFICANT % of US population that is concerned with gun ownership, Jesus, Illegals and Abortion. This large population (mostly blue collar) is ignored by the Republicans after the primaries and Democrats dont care. This is a "lost" tribe that looks to a shining armor at every election. Perot, Palin and Trump are the result. These politicians bring it into the open the unsaid and politically incorrect statements about issues that are strongly felt by a large population that are most directly affected.

Just like the Illegal issue and abortion issue keep cropping up frequently so will the Muslim issue.  It is sown and it is not going away ever from US politics. It is good that Trump brought it out bcz it will put the Kullas on the notice and on watch thus wont openly scream "for their rights"and Sharia.  After Trump, someone else will pick up on this issue and keep it alive. This is what the BJP win and Modi did to the Indian Muslims - who now soley depend on Sonia Italian Mata to be their spokesman. This should have been done way back in 1950s and Muslims in India would have been much quieter.

So thank Trump for putting a lid on the Kullas and Mullahs.  
Giving your own spin to Krugman's theory? Ugliness is gorgeous to you, isn't it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/opinion/empowering-the-ugliness.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:33 am

.....you are such a fake and dishonest...and you claim to be unbiased, secularist.....my foot.

Notice how ALL these magnanimous, "successful", broad-minded, intellectuals and business people all over the world. These people want to maintain status quo and fear the the lower rung. These people ignore them except once every 4 (or 5 years), and forced to join the singathon of the "broad-minded".

In short, these all tolerant, secular, unbiased are totally intolerant and biased towards this large bottom one-third of the population (in any country).

Yes...ugliness is gorgeous to me just as you wear looting, fakiness, and intolerance towards the majority as the stars on your shoulder.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:36 am

btw how will trump's plan be implemented? I am glad that our future president has such faith in the truthfulness of jihadis.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:58 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:btw how will trump's plan be implemented? I am glad that our future president has such faith in the truthfulness of jihadis.

Even he knows it is easier to force Mexico to build a Southern Wall.

He is just exploiting the hidden, uncomfortable, and unsaid fear of the bottom 1/3rd. He wont win but all he did was a Palin in 2016 fashion. What is achievable is anti-islamic candidates being elected here and there at local levels - wherever the Kullas make noise/in large numbers - as in Dallas suburbs or in Oklahma - to prevent more Hamtramcks from popping up in the future. Stricter enforcement/deniel of non-immigrant visas against them is "very likely."

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down