Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Phone survey

+4
MaxEntropy_Man
seven
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
8 posters

Go down

A Phone survey Empty A Phone survey

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:26 am

When you pick up your phone and talk to someone which ear you place your phone on ?

Based on my (scientific) research I have made an observation. I need to confirm it based on the answers from "esteemed" SuCHers.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

A Phone survey Empty Re: A Phone survey

Post by Kris Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:01 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:When you pick up your phone and talk to someone which ear you place your phone on ?

Based on my (scientific) research I have made an observation. I need to confirm it based on the answers from "esteemed" SuCHers.
>>>Right.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:15 am

right is emotional and left means calculative

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 am

seven wrote:right is emotional and left means calculative

So you use both sides depending on whether you are being emotional or calculative ?...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:27 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
seven wrote:right is emotional and left means calculative

So you use both sides depending on whether you are being emotional or calculative ?...Razz
i just use earphones in both my ears or whichever ear. sometimes i think about which one i used when i was talking to a recruiter vs the one i was using when talking to my sister or a friend. that's how i know.

what's your research telling ya?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:41 am

left always.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:33 am

either one... if at work or on a computer, then left. if walking in hallways, or relaxed, etc, then i think right. in a long conversations, switch often, or turn the speaker on holding the phone in the right hand mostly unless it's needed for something more important, or put headsets on and tuck/rest the phone on the chest or keep in the front pocket if i have one.

in short, either one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:19 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:either one... if at work or on a computer, then left. if walking in hallways, or relaxed, etc, then i think right. in a long conversations, switch often, or turn the speaker on holding the phone in the right hand mostly unless it's needed for something more important, or put headsets on and tuck/rest the phone on the chest or keep in the front pocket if i have one.

in short, either one.

Which one mostly -- in ONE word

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:21 am

left

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:40 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:either one... if at work or on a computer, then left. if walking in hallways, or relaxed, etc, then i think right. in a long conversations, switch often, or turn the speaker on holding the phone in the right hand mostly unless it's needed for something more important, or put headsets on and tuck/rest the phone on the chest or keep in the front pocket if i have one.

in short, either one.

Which one mostly  -- in ONE word

right.

so what's the analysis? that my hearing is better in my right ear? lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:14 pm

The middle ear
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:48 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:When you pick up your phone and talk to someone which ear you place your phone on ?

Confirm it n share with us your research results

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:49 pm

I use left more when I'm not using earphones

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:13 am

Just noticed on some soap that the actors used their left hand to use their cell phone on 3 or 4 consecutive scene.

I also use left hand. so it made me curious.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:54 am

Bcz we're working in parallel n most peopl are right handed

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:34 am

What's there to research? Except for those with hearing problems who choose the ear they hear best, generally the right-handed people would use the left ear to free up their dominant hand for taking notes etc; vice versa with the lefties who'd prefer to use the right ear. Silly survey.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:49 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

What's there to research? Except for those with hearing problems who choose the ear they hear best, generally the right-handed people would use the left ear to free up their dominant hand for taking notes etc; vice versa with the lefties who'd prefer to use the right ear. Silly survey.

I know it is silly Survey....

I saw TS complaining that all the threads he opened had links and instantly came up with a non-link thread...on a silly survey.

Ok.. now another "research" project for you. everyone's hearing - like arm strength, lengths of legs, visual acuity - also different in both years. This difference is exacerbated with age - more in men than women.

So... So.. holding a phone on the left or right hand also indicates a potential medical issue. If you use my idea to develop any instrument, I need royalty for my idea.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:10 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

at the outset - sowkyamA? ellorum nalamthAney? are you in BLR?

aside - netri adi bom 'kuttinga' kitta sAmiyAr fillum kAtradhai poi...'ennamma ippadi panniteenga'Crying or Very sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:09 am

goodcitizn wrote:

I know it is silly Survey....

I saw TS complaining that all the threads he opened had links and instantly came up with a non-link thread...on a silly survey.

Ok.. now another "research" project for you.  everyone's hearing - like arm strength, lengths of legs, visual acuity - also different in both years. This difference is exacerbated with age - more in men than women.

So... So.. holding a phone on the left or right hand also indicates a potential medical issue. If you use my idea to develop any instrument, I need royalty for my idea.
I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any royalty! Rolling Eyes

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:10 am

garam_kuta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

at the outset - sowkyamA? ellorum nalamthAney? are you in BLR?

aside - netri adi bom 'kuttinga' kitta sAmiyAr fillum kAtradhai poi...'ennamma ippadi panniteenga'Crying or Very sad  

Yes, back in Bangalore now.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:39 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Where in that Junkyard you live ? Looks like you spend your winter in BLR and the Summer in your Summer resort in the U.S.

I was in that pseudo-modern city 2 weeks back.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:49 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Where in that Junkyard you live ? Looks like you spend your winter in BLR and the Summer in your Summer resort in the U.S.

oh.puleez saamiyAr..upper malleswaram is still heavens!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:56 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Oh, was that you? Wink

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:53 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Oh, was that you? Wink

Of course...the one and only..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down