Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yaariyan

Go down

yaariyan Empty yaariyan

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:29 am

i have the female version in a cd (got as a gift in desh - plays in my car all the time now)...

this video has all the versions. had completely forgotten this song from the movie.

Back to top Go down

yaariyan Empty Re: yaariyan

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:15 am

brilliant composition! is this one full song or a blend of remixes or reprises? the song has distinctive strumming owed to blade of U2 and deep drumming of led zeppelin (levee song). 

actually no rock band has sprung from india or south asia (considering we are inspired, and deeply, by us, brit., rock bands). junoon was the only exception (my exposure is limited). junoon's compositions were mind blowing! they breached barriers and were on a global scale (their quality). but then they fizzled out. then i noticed indian ocean. again mind blowing stuff with folk music blended to fit with rock. some awesome stuff they wrote. but they too fizzled out. ya, we have had the occasional bollywood song.... streaming if i can say.... and the streaming does not stop... that is mind blowing on a global scale again. i guess the era of rock bands is over and i am a fossil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:31 am

brie wrote:brilliant composition! is this one full song or a blend of remixes or reprises? the song has distinctive strumming owed to blade of U2 and deep drumming of led zeppelin (levee song). 

actually no rock band has sprung from india or south asia (considering we are inspired, and deeply, by us, brit., rock bands). junoon was the only exception (my exposure is limited). junoon's compositions were mind blowing! they breached barriers and were on a global scale (their quality). but then they fizzled out. then i noticed indian ocean. again mind blowing stuff with folk music blended to fit with rock. some awesome stuff they wrote. but they too fizzled out. ya, we have had the occasional bollywood song.... streaming if i can say.... and the streaming does not stop... that is mind blowing on a global scale again. i guess the era of rock bands is over and i am a fossil.

I think all are original versions. The second and third ones are the ones from the CD as is. Atleast the one in my CD is the female version of what's here. The first one was probably used only that much in the movie. Don't remember... i usually rarely remember the songs that play in the movie when they do. it's only later that they catch my eyes (or ears hehe). now a days they also don't play all the songs in the album, or keep them as background, or play only a fraction of a song for a scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:08 am

brie wrote:brilliant composition! is this one full song or a blend of remixes or reprises? the song has distinctive strumming owed to blade the edge (blade was ADF guitarist) of U2 and deep drumming of led zeppelin (levee song). 

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:55 pm

brie wrote:brilliant composition! is this one full song or a blend of remixes or reprises? the song has distinctive strumming owed to blade of U2 and deep drumming of led zeppelin (levee song). 

you probably meant 'when the levee breaks'. this sounded nothing like that song which has a fantastic driving guitar riff and a kickass rhythm.

or watch these zep copycats:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:08 pm

and led zep were famous for stealing from original blues artistes and not acknowledging them properly. i love led zep don't care much for their insufficient credit giving to blues artistes. clapton OTOH was scrupulous about that. here is the original, original 'when the levee breaks song':

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down