Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Om Puri - wife granted judicial separation...

3 posters

Go down

Om Puri - wife granted judicial separation... Empty Om Puri - wife granted judicial separation...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:30 am

.....They are not divorced and will stay married. But, they will have separate lives and will not interfere in each other's life.

WTF is this ? never heard of this...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Om Puri - wife granted judicial separation... Empty Re: Om Puri - wife granted judicial separation...

Post by southindian Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:41 am

This is bliss...

What court, judge is this from? Let me check there may a big queue for similar applications.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Om Puri - wife granted judicial separation... Empty Re: Om Puri - wife granted judicial separation...

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:13 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

.....They are not divorced and will stay married. But, they will have separate lives and will not interfere in each other's life.

don't KB and her "ex" have the similar arrangement according to her posts?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:18 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

don't KB and her "ex" have the similar arrangement according to her posts?

no. well, our arrangement is exactly the opposite of this one. we are legally divorced, but came back to live together after an year or so.

to me, this looks like it coule be a gimmick to sell that biography. who knows. too cheap a stunt for someone like om puri, so i am hoping their grudge is for real.

and lol. visitation rights for an 18 year old? got to be kidding me.

Anyhoos... back in '09 when we wanted to begin the process, we learned that in NJ you are either married or divorced, there is no such thing as legally separated. but what you can have is a settlement agreement or something, forgetting the exact term. So, a mediation lawyer helped us make that, and we got it notarized and acted on it as binding.

Divorce took much longer than originally planned, as we did get back as a trial for many months in between, but continued to follow the terms of that agreement. Anyway, 3 years later, when we, (meaning I) decided to file for divorce, we took the same document, added and changed some of the facts and terms using the same lawyer (xh didn't even bother showing up for this. we had to conference him and he gave his consent and conditions over phone), and submitted that as part of our divorce agreement.

Since all of this was already done, we didn't need the lawyer there. I did everythign on my own, and to my surprise, the people of the family court (state?) are very good with helping you with the process and paperwork. Everyone was quite cooperative. The main guy there actually returned my calls whenever i had a question and guided me well. Before that I was under the impression that you can't move around in the court without the help of a lawyer. On the day of the divorce too, there were some hiccups, but they helped and waited until e'thing was resolved, including the judge. The judge didn't have to decide on anything regarding divorce termr, except to grant it to us based on that agreement. I bet she didn't even read it, except ensuring that the kids' interests are taken care of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down