Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lochinvar

Go down

lochinvar Empty lochinvar

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:26 pm

had this poem in school… still remember the romantic way in which our teacher did this poem in the class… she was such a romantic. felt like she herself was in love with the brave knight and the bold bride. 

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/183947

funny how sometimes you always remember how someone had an impact in your life...

When in 11th grade, we were studying some play or story, I think it was a play, quite romantic. In that, there were teen/young lovers, and there was a mention of a kiss. And we silly 16-year-olds began giggling. Ya I mean. Small town India. 1989. No movies showed explicit kissing. If the heroine did it (flower to flower), she either looked away or blushed. if she didn't look away or blush, she was a slut and mostly got pregnant. 

When the class began giggling, teacher was like - 'what? they are falling in love, so they will kiss!!!' More giggles… teacher, shocked, continues, 'stop laughing! If a couple is in love, they will kiss, it's the most natural and beautiful thing!!! Why are you laughing?' More giggles. She said a couple of more things like, how not to make the moment cheap by laughing, and how some of us will be marrying in a couple of year and should stop behaving so childish… but eventually she gave up, shaking her head all through it.  

But I guess some of us were listening. Thanks to her, the very next month, when xb, my boyfriend of over 1 year, asked me if he can kiss me, I eventually agreed. It wasn't really that beautiful a thing, but hey, it was a milestone.

Back to top Go down

lochinvar Empty Re: lochinvar

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:27 am

These Anglo types wrote such tame love verses compared to the ancient Tamils who wrote pomes soaking in erotic love.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:06 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:These Anglo types wrote such tame love verses compared to the ancient Tamils who wrote pomes soaking in erotic love.

Oh really. Guess the talent didn't pass through to the song writers of now whose idea of erotic love is asking questions like, 'am I salt or pepper in your kitchen', or maybe getting high over stratosphere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum