Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

beshak

2 posters

Go down

beshak  Empty beshak

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:50 am

Back to top Go down

beshak  Empty Re: beshak

Post by swapna Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:00 pm

omg, meghu! vye vinod is rolling on dusty ground of wast indo-gangetic plains? so much despair is there na. eweryvere is unrequited lowe na.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:18 pm

one of a kind song with a very refreshing distinct voice, but the movie phew...all kapoors're totally jokers, couldn't act for nuts but thrived only on s0fp0rn, female flesh exposure in their trade.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:31 pm

garam_kuta wrote:one of a kind song with a very refreshing distinct voice, but the movie phew...all kapoors're totally jokers, couldn't act for nuts but thrived only on s0fp0rn, female flesh exposure in their trade.

oh really? I liked the movie. haven't seen it in years as an adult, so not sure what I will see in it next time. I may notice some things I didn't notice earlier, who knows.

raj kapoor had good stories, and if I may say, pretty original and very relevant to indian pulse of the time. if he got an idea of a movie from something, he would share so too. music was always awesome. I like their acting too, all are pretty natural in their own way if not in the full range.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:one of a kind song with a very refreshing distinct voice, but the movie phew...all kapoors're totally jokers, couldn't act for nuts but thrived only on s0fp0rn, female flesh exposure in their trade.

oh really? I liked the movie. haven't seen it in years as an adult, so not sure what I will see in it next time. I may notice some things I didn't notice earlier, who knows.

raj kapoor had good stories, and if I may say, pretty original and very relevant to indian pulse of the time. if he got an idea of a movie from something, he would share so too. music was always awesome. I like their acting too, all are pretty natural in their own way if not in the full range.

He always played the loser, underdog, craving for sympathy & pity kinda roles- that works for anyone, joe blow on the street, even today. Raj Kapoor lived off the heroines' exposure. Music/songs... that is a different dimension to any movie and I can't credit him with it. Nevertheless, I understand that, yes, he was very lucky with the songs. Good feel but just lucky, no talent. Sashi K at least looked pleasing. sorry...I didn't mean to de-romanticise vintage memories that are joyful.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:31 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:

He always played the loser, underdog, craving for sympathy & pity kinda  roles- that works for anyone, joe blow on the street, even today. Raj Kapoor lived off the heroines' exposure. Music/songs... that is a different dimension to any movie and I can't credit him with it. Nevertheless, I understand that, yes, he was very lucky with the songs. Good feel but just lucky, no talent. Sashi K at least looked pleasing. sorry...I didn't mean to de-romanticise vintage memories that are joyful.

I like him more for his showmanship and movie making than for his looks or acting. not sure what movies you have seen of his. guess it's an overstatement to say he lived off heroine's exposure. if that was the case, many more movies would be called classics. regarding music, he wasn't exactly 'lucky'. from what I have read and seen, he was way more involved, and not just for his movies. made them redo the songs over and over until they reached the expressions he wanted. also, frequently invited artists from wherever he could and held music events at home.

anyway, if you aren't impressed, you aren't impressed Smile was just sharing my observations/opinions, which didn't get de-romanticized by your posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum