Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jio sardar jio mere laal

Go down

Jio sardar jio mere laal Empty Jio sardar jio mere laal

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:46 am

Jio sardar jio mere laal Image10

Back to top Go down

Jio sardar jio mere laal Empty Re: Jio sardar jio mere laal

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:01 am

And I am finished with butter chicken for this life. Tasted so many in so many places yet found kale da dhaba best. I grew a fondness for it in childhood and I, as all of my generation did, tasted it first in moti mahal. Today's lunch was last of butter chicken. Verdict - it's for kids  (sweet and tangy), kind of like sloppy joes.

Jio sardar jio mere laal Image11

At 

Jio sardar jio mere laal Image13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:35 am

Some reviews for Kake da Hotel:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kake-Da-Hotel/576814815712124

----

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:30 am

Barmy Fotheringay-Phipps wrote:Some reviews for Kake da Hotel:

----
I agree with those who say it's grubby but I don't mind it. Some say taste has changed. Even I felt so, but, to be honest, the taste has not changed - it's just that we have grown up. Nowhere in the world can I now find the tandoori chicken of  amber, Kolkata, that I used to love as a kid. Not even in amber!

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:44 am

brie wrote:

----
I agree with those who say it's grubby but I don't mind it. Some say taste has changed. Even I felt so, but, to be honest, the taste has not changed - it's just that we have grown up. Nowhere in the world can I now find the tandoori chicken of  amber, Kolkata, that I used to love as a kid. Not even in amber!

couldn't be more right, bhaiya! (i) ingredient quality/composition/processing have changed over decades. (ii) our own physiological changes like the sensitivity of the receptors over time, our own memories playing tricks on us - never accurate, and never total recall; particularly with taste, it's so inexplicable that you can't even fully express what is missing now- almost like a spiritual experience Smile it's all too tragic, i must say Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Yum at the pics. I must say the butter chicken at my village has never failed me. 35 years of memory and countless management changes, and that still is good. Same with fish. I packed myself aloo tikki chaat just now. Craving that kinda spicy today.

Happy mahashivratri.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:Yum at the pics. I must say the butter chicken at my village has never failed me. 35 years of memory and countless management changes, and that still is good. Same with fish. I packed myself aloo tikki chaat just now. Craving that kinda spicy today.

Happy mahashivratri.
such a meanie you are! talk all about the food that one could die for, and connect it with mahasivaratri..Twisted Evil

hey if you can certify it tastes the same now, wow! looks like the key, sensitive ingredients have not changed - like oil processing has changed over time, we don't get the same cooking oil like those days, yeah?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:07 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Meghna Mathur wrote:Yum at the pics. I must say the butter chicken at my village has never failed me. 35 years of memory and countless management changes, and that still is good. Same with fish. I packed myself aloo tikki chaat just now. Craving that kinda spicy today.

Happy mahashivratri.
such a meanie you are! talk all about the food that one could die for, and connect it with mahasivaratri..Twisted Evil

hey if you can certify it tastes the same now, wow! looks like the key, sensitive ingredients have not changed - like oil processing has changed over time, we don't get the same cooking oil like those days, yeah?

ya i know... this day's supposed to be 'all day fasting', and not just one meal allowed types. hehe that means a feast of sabudane ki khhichdi, kuttu ke aate ki poori, kala namak alu dahi sabzi, among other 'allowed' foods. Used to love mahashivratri and janamasthmi. Anyway, on festive Indian days, the least I can do is have some good desi meal. Was a disappointment today though. The chaat was too sweet for my taste.

not sure if the village butter chicken tastes the same but it continues to taste good. maybe the change occurred in sync with my evolving taste buds, but back home if we have a soul food, that's butter chicken from village, even more pleasurable if you sit there and eat outdoors (also their kababs and fish fry, yum), but equally good as a take out. (oh among other local non-villeage delights).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:34 am

garam_kuta wrote:
brie wrote:

----

couldn't be more right, bhaiya! (i) ingredient quality/composition/processing have changed over decades. (ii) our own physiological changes like the sensitivity of the receptors over time, our own memories playing tricks on us - never accurate, and never total recall; particularly with taste, it's so inexplicable that you can't even fully express what is missing now- almost like a spiritual experience Smile it's all too tragic, i must say Sad  
very well explained!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down