Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All have right to say 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai': Smriti Irani

+2
confuzzled dude
Seva Lamberdar
6 posters

Go down

All have right to say 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai': Smriti Irani Empty All have right to say 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai': Smriti Irani

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:30 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/All-have-right-to-say-Bharat-Mata-Ki-Jai-Smriti-Irani/articleshow/51661705.cms

>>> What is wrong in saying  'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' (Long Live India!) if a person is Indian citizen, and how does it (saying so) clash with someone's religious belief?

P.S.:  It is 9:30 AM (Daylight Saving Time) in Toronto (and New York etc.) and the SUCH clock is showing 3:30 P.M. What 'Time' is SUCH following? 
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

All have right to say 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai': Smriti Irani Empty Re: All have right to say 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai': Smriti Irani

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:41 am

Fadnavis had said at a function in Nagpur: “It makes me wonder where are we heading? Why should I feel ashamed of saying “Bharat Mata ki Jai” in my own country… There is still a dispute over saying ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ and those opposed to say it, should not have any right to stay in India. Those living here should say ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai.”

Abdullah, the National Conference President and former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister, tweeted “I look forward to seeing all the members of the PDP-BJP alliance say this as soon as they take their oath tomorrow.”
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/omar-abdullah-will-pdp-mlas-say-bharat-mata-ki-jai-after-mondays-swearing-in/

I'll support the BJP if they want to kick Kashmir out of Indian union for PDP members not uttering "‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai" Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

All have right to say 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai': Smriti Irani Empty Re: All have right to say 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai': Smriti Irani

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:07 am

all also have the right to not say 'bharat mata ki jai'.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:23 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:all also have the right to not say 'bharat mata ki jai'.
and all have a right to eat idli zambar (note the sp.). what's your point il professore?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:39 pm

CD,

are you suggesting muslims must say "bharat mata ki Jai" to remain in India?

I think it is stupid to impose any condition on an Indian to remain an indian. Muslims came to India starting around 1000 A.D. Most Indian muslims are native indians who changed their religion for whatever their reasons. They belong to that land much before India was a country.

It is a stupid BJP trick rake this issue to show muslims are somehow less patriotic. Frankly it doesnot matter whether person is patriotic or not in a civilization like India that existed for thousands of years. Those people belong there. Period.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:55 pm

truthbetold wrote:CD,

I think it is stupid to impose any condition on an Indian to remain an indian.  Muslims came to India starting around 1000 A.D. Most Indian muslims are native indians who changed their religion for whatever their reasons. They belong to that land much before India was a country.  

It is a stupid BJP trick rake this issue to show muslims are somehow less patriotic.  Frankly it doesnot matter whether person is patriotic or not in a civilization like India that existed for thousands of years.  Those people belong there. Period.
For once I agreed with the BJP, even then you don't seem to agree with me Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:59 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:CD,

I think it is stupid to impose any condition on an Indian to remain an indian.  Muslims came to India starting around 1000 A.D. Most Indian muslims are native indians who changed their religion for whatever their reasons. They belong to that land much before India was a country.  

It is a stupid BJP trick rake this issue to show muslims are somehow less patriotic.  Frankly it doesnot matter whether person is patriotic or not in a civilization like India that existed for thousands of years.  Those people belong there. Period.
For once I agreed with the BJP, even then you don't seem to agree with me Razz

CD,

It is not surprising that you did not notice. My opinions are not shaped by BJP's ideas. In many cases my views are in sharp contrast to BJP views.  In fact I had a running battle with BJP's student wing in college days.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:10 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Fadnavis had said at a function in Nagpur: “It makes me wonder where are we heading? Why should I feel ashamed of saying “Bharat Mata ki Jai” in my own country… There is still a dispute over saying ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ and those opposed to say it, should not have any right to stay in India. Those living here should say ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai.”

Abdullah, the National Conference President and former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister, tweeted “I look forward to seeing all the members of the PDP-BJP alliance say this as soon as they take their oath tomorrow.”
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/omar-abdullah-will-pdp-mlas-say-bharat-mata-ki-jai-after-mondays-swearing-in/

I'll support the BJP if they want to kick Kashmir out of Indian union for PDP members not uttering "‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai" Razz
How does your logic work  -- why kick Kashmir out of Indian Union if someone under the cover / tag of PDP refuses to utter "Bharat Mata Ki Jai"?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

How does your logic work  -- why kick Kashmir out of Indian Union if someone under the cover / tag of PDP refuses to utter "Bharat Mata Ki Jai"?
OK! then let's kick the BJP out for forming an alliance with anti-national groups.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:18 pm

That's what happens when Govt. allows people the use of religious laws. They start believing that it will offend their religious sensibilities  if they sing the glory or wish the well-being of their country (e.g. "bharat mata ki jai"). 
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:39 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
That's what happens when Govt. allows people the use of religious laws. They start believing that it will offend their religious sensibilities  if they sing the glory or wish the well-being of their country (e.g. "bharat mata ki jai"). 

what gives any one the right to make any one sing anything against their wishes?

Religion was older than many of the newer national borders. A diverse nation has to adjust to different religious setiments rather force minorities to conform to a belief system of some vocal parts of majority.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:50 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

what gives any one the right to make any one sing anything against their wishes?

Religion was older than many of the newer national borders. A diverse nation has to adjust to different religious setiments rather force minorities to conform to a belief system of some vocal parts of majority.

Here is the point .... if people (minority or whatever) think that it will offend their religious sensibilities if they sing / utter the words praising or wishing for the well being of their country (e.g. "long live India" or "bharat mata ki jai"), then what lies ahead (in terms of their reaction etc.) if someone asks them to give up their religious laws in favor a non-religious UCC (one law for everyone, irrespective of religion, caste and gender)
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Here is the point .... if people (minority or whatever) think that it will offend their religious sensibilities if they sing / utter the words praising or wishing for the well being of their country (e.g. "long live India" or "bharat mata ki jai"), then what lies ahead (in terms of their reaction etc.) if someone asks them to give up their religious laws in favor a non-religious UCC (one law for everyone, irrespective of religion, caste and gender)

why are chaddis not content with a simple 'Jai Hind'? Why insist on 'Bharat Mata ki Jai?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:13 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/All-have-right-to-say-Bharat-Mata-Ki-Jai-Smriti-Irani/articleshow/51661705.cms

>>> What is wrong in saying  'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' (Long Live India!) if a person is Indian citizen, and how does it (saying so) clash with someone's religious belief?

P.S.:  It is 9:30 AM (Daylight Saving Time) in Toronto (and New York etc.) and the SUCH clock is showing 3:30 P.M. What 'Time' is SUCH following? 

Nobody is questioning anyone's right to say BMKJ. It is the chaddis who are labeling people as anti-national when those folks exercise their right *NOT* to say those words.

Smriti Irani is an illiterate nincompoop. Citing her to build your case puts you in the same category.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:50 am

Nobody is forcing to say anything. NOBODY. Not BJP and not RSS. Smile

It's the 'Intolerance Gang' again... working hard to keep the issue alive. Morons
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:08 am

southindian wrote:Nobody is forcing to say anything. NOBODY. Not BJP and not RSS. Smile

It's the 'Intolerance Gang' again... working hard to keep the issue alive. Morons

Avivek, learn to stay quiet when you know nothing about an issue.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:10 am

Sickular "intolerance" gang is just imagining things...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:02 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/All-have-right-to-say-Bharat-Mata-Ki-Jai-Smriti-Irani/articleshow/51661705.cms

Nobody is questioning anyone's right to say BMKJ. It is the chaddis who are labeling people as anti-national when those folks exercise their right *NOT* to say those words.

Smriti Irani is an illiterate nincompoop. Citing her to build your case puts you in the same category.
So next time someone calls a person (a "chaddi") as an intolerant fellow, the latter just hits back asking the accuser to say / repeat "Bharat Mata ki jai", to show who the real intolerant (religiously or otherwise) is as not able even to say "Bharat Mata ki jai" (Long live India!)?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
southindian wrote:Nobody is forcing to say anything. NOBODY. Not BJP and not RSS. Smile

RNI Loin,

NOBODY is forcing ANYONE to chant anything. NOBODY. Not sure about your education level, but that's an opinion from BJP you posted.

You shit here everyday (just as on this thread) and we don't ask you to stop shitting here. We can't take away your right to shit.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:57 am

southindian wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

RNI Loin,

NOBODY is forcing ANYONE to chant anything. NOBODY. Not sure about your education level, but that's an opinion from BJP you posted.

You shit here everyday (just as on this thread) and we don't ask you to stop shitting here. We can't take away your right to shit.

Avivek, read what you wrote originally (in bold for your convenience). Btw what I told you is good advice. Stop making a fool of yourself with every post.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:53 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
southindian wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

RNI Loin,

Avivek, read what you wrote originally (in bold for your convenience). Btw what I told you is good advice. Stop fmaking a fool of yourself with every post.
RNI Loin,

You can wear your advice as protection against HIV during your next action and hope that helps your hand.

The BJP and RSS have said they are NOT forcing anyone to say 'Bharat mata ki jai'. You can continue to harp on individuals opinion and can continue to do so.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down