Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smriti Irani

3 posters

Go down

Smriti Irani  Empty Smriti Irani

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 2:24 pm

38 year old Smriti Irani has been sworn in as a cabinet minister. She is expected to be made the Human Resource Development minister. In 2004 the same Smriti Irani had threatened to go on a fast unto death if Modi does not step down as Chief Minister of Gujarat.

---
NEW DELHI: Popular TV actress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Smriti 'Tulsi' Irani has threatened to fast unto death demanding the resignation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi. 

Irani will begin her fast on December 25, the birthday of BJP leader and former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. 

Irani, who unsuccessfully contested from Delhi's Muslim-dominated Chandni Chowk constituency in the April-May parliamentary elections, blamed Modi for BJP's recent electoral reverses. 

Modi has been widely criticised for his handling of the 2002 communal violence in Gujarat, which killed more than 1,000 people, mostly Muslims. 

Asked by a television channel if she had the permission of senior BJP leaders for her move, Irani said: "Why do you think you need permission to do what you think is right. BJP is a democratic party." 

She denied that her action amounted to indiscipline and said she was not instigating party workers to join her in the fast. 

"Whenever people mention Gujarat they only talk about the riots and try to corner the Gujaratis on the issue. So, in order to maintain the respect that I have for Atalji and the BJP, I won't hesitate to take this step," she said. 

Smriti Irani plays the popular character of Tulsi in Kyonki Saas bhi kabhi bahu thi on Star Plus.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Tulsi-to-go-on-fast-unto-death/articleshow/956389.cms

Back to top Go down

Smriti Irani  Empty Re: Smriti Irani

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Irani used to be a model and TV actress. This 38 year old will now be working as the supreme authority with respect to education--including primary education and also higher education--in India.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon May 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Rash
I keep telling you modi is smart. He nullified a possible fast unto death threat after he took power. He plans ahead.
On the other hand rahul divides ap to sweep 16 Mp seats and ends up with a paltry two.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 4:27 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rash
I keep telling you modi is smart. He nullified a possible fast unto death threat after he took power. He plans ahead.
On the other hand rahul divides ap to sweep 16 Mp seats and ends up with a paltry two.

This is about Smriti Irani, not Modi. It is about political opportunism and the fine art of killing your conscience for the lure of pelf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 5:57 pm

I now learn that Smriti Irani is only a 12th pass. What a shame.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon May 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Rash
Someday you will relax and understand a light hearted comment.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Rashmun wrote:I now learn that Smriti Irani is only a 12th pass. What a shame.
What are the educational qualifications of Sonia Gandhi? All we know is that she took classes in english as a foreign language when she met Rajiv. Robert vadra didn't study beyond high school. what a shame, no?

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon May 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Kinnera wrote:
What are the educational qualifications of Sonia Gandhi? All we know is that she took classes in english as a foreign language when she met Rajiv. Robert vadra didn't study beyond high school. what a shame, no?
Please don't discuss foreign born Gandhi family "leaders". The old man is talking about Smriti Irani.

Remember, his pain is still very much there.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon May 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Kinnera wrote:
+1.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 26, 2014 9:37 pm

I think Rashmoron is afraid that Smriti Irani is gonna clean up the lies about Mughals and assorted other Muslimes from the school and college text books in India. Pretty soon, the only place where such lies will be published will be on this forum by none other than Rashmoron.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down