Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simulating sex: "Forgive me if i harden"

Go down

Simulating sex: "Forgive me if i harden" Empty Simulating sex: "Forgive me if i harden"

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:32 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/19/secret-actress-sex-scenes-forgive-me-if-i-harden

Back to top Go down

Simulating sex: "Forgive me if i harden" Empty Re: Simulating sex: "Forgive me if i harden"

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:40 pm

But nothing beats the intimacy of physical intimacy when it comes to impersonation. This is largely to do with the fact that your body doesn’t know that what’s happening isn’t real. The body reacts as bodies in those moments of intimacy do – they sweat, they redden, they harden. The hardening part was once skillfully addressed by an actor I was about to have crazy sex with, with a sanguine: “Forgive me if I do, forgive me if I don’t.” It gives a whole new spin on performance anxiety.

I have to say that pretending to have sex with someone you fancy is still painfully embarrassing, but pretending to have sex with someone you do not like in the slightest is downright awful. During the initial choreographing of one particular sex scene with an actor I really didn’t get along with, I volunteered the idea of him pressing me up against a wall and doing it from behind largely so I wouldn’t have to look at his smug, straining exertions.

This also worked another time when an actor had profound halitosis. I managed, on that project, to make NOT kissing him an actual theme. The director thought it added a “layer”. I say, do what you must.

Back to top Go down