Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cops at my door

+3
southindian
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
seven
7 posters

Go down

Cops at my door Empty Cops at my door

Post by seven Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:35 am

Last night. After dinner DH n I went upstairs around 8. We were just chilling when door bell rang. I thought must be some kid asking for money or selling something. Bell rang again. By now DH was already looking down from the window. He goes, it's the cops. I was like whaa! Why? I followed him downstairs. 
Last week I received 2 packets from Nordstrom. Opened one n found a few large tops n skirt. I had not ordered those so I looked at the name/address on the packet. It was addressed to some Fatima something. My address. Sometime back, maybe a month ago also I had received a packet from Nordstrom with a black top. I didn't remember ordering it so I logged in n checked my account. I had not ordered any such top. I chatted with an online customer service person, explained the package n she said it must be someone returning a top. I shipped it back to Nordstrom. 
Do this time when I realized the tops n skirts were not ordered by me n I figured someone shipped it to my address by mistake. I put it in my car to drop it off at the UPS location. Didn't get around to it - it wasn't my top priority. 

The woman at our door brought 2 policemen to take the packets back. She goes why did you open it? I said I thought it was mine. I order stuff from them often. It was only later that I noticed the name. She goes it's my name right there. You should have given it to me when you saw my name. I was like how would I know who you are! I was shipping it back to Nordstrom. She goes it's my name, you have to give it to me. (Such an idiot!)
I said why did you bring cops with you? She told me it's so I don't think she's trespassing. 
I told her to correct the shipping address on her account. 

Next time I'll not drop it off at ups location. I'll leave it by the mail box with a return to sender note. Is that legal/illegal? I still get letters addressed to previous owner. I send them back with return to sender, no longer at this address note. But sending back packages is a hassle. I don't have q UPS location on my to work. I don't mind driving the extra mile when it's something *I* ordered. But I don't want todo it for people who bring cops to my house.

seven

Back to top Go down

Cops at my door Empty Re: Cops at my door

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Do as I do... if it is bank or financial (not spam) mail return it or give it back to the mailman.

rest the same... But next tmie you get any Fatima'ed mail/boxes I will dump it in the dumpster.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:49 pm

seven wrote:Last night. After dinner DH n I went upstairs around 8. We were just chilling when door bell rang. I thought must be some kid asking for money or selling something. Bell rang again. By now DH was already looking down from the window. He goes, it's the cops. I was like whaa! Why? I followed him downstairs. 
Last week I received 2 packets from Nordstrom. Opened one n found a few large tops n skirt. I had not ordered those so I looked at the name/address on the packet. It was addressed to some Fatima something. My address. Sometime back, maybe a month ago also I had received a packet from Nordstrom with a black top. I didn't remember ordering it so I logged in n checked my account. I had not ordered any such top. I chatted with an online customer service person, explained the package n she said it must be someone returning a top. I shipped it back to Nordstrom. 
Do this time when I realized the tops n skirts were not ordered by me n I figured someone shipped it to my address by mistake. I put it in my car to drop it off at the UPS location. Didn't get around to it - it wasn't my top priority. 

The woman at our door brought 2 policemen to take the packets back. She goes why did you open it? I said I thought it was mine. I order stuff from them often. It was only later that I noticed the name. She goes it's my name right there. You should have given it to me when you saw my name. I was like how would I know who you are! I was shipping it back to Nordstrom. She goes it's my name, you have to give it to me. (Such an idiot!)
I said why did you bring cops with you? She told me it's so I don't think she's trespassing. 
I told her to correct the shipping address on her account. 

Next time I'll not drop it off at ups location. I'll leave it by the mail box with a return to sender note. Is that legal/illegal? I still get letters addressed to previous owner. I send them back with return to sender, no longer at this address note. But sending back packages is a hassle. I don't have q UPS location on my to work. I don't mind driving the extra mile when it's something *I* ordered. But I don't want todo it for people who bring cops to my house.
These Muslim women.... I tell ya.

I can never imagine a Fatima, who is not large. 38 and 40 Ds are minimum.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:34 pm

now what have you gone and done? you've unhinged the patel boy by mentioning a muslim woman's name!

let me try that. hamida! munira! rashida!

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Do as I do... if it is bank or financial (not spam) mail return it or give it back to the mailman.

rest the same... But next tmie you get any Fatima'ed mail/boxes I will dump it in the dumpster.
Is it not illegal to throw someone else's parcel in dumpster ?
If it was addressed to the cop bringer, I'd love to throw it away.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:26 pm

swapna wrote:

The part in bold sounded to me like you going yes! Yes! Yes! 
You know cuz the name excited you.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:29 pm

seven wrote:
swapna wrote:

The part in bold sounded to me like you going yes! Yes! Yes! 
You know cuz the name excited you.

lol!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:31 pm

seven wrote:

Since she brought the cops to your home, call the cops the next time you receive something addressed to her saying it's a suspicious package and that you are worried it might contain a bomb. Let them deal with her as to why her packages are getting delivered elsewhere.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:34 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
seven wrote:

Since she brought the cops to your home, call the cops the next time you receive something addressed to her saying it's a suspicious package and that you are worried it might contain a bomb. Let them deal with her as to why her packages are getting delivered elsewhere.
Cool idea! I have the local police stations number from the friendly cop booth at the farmer's market. I'll call them to see if they can come.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:53 pm

seven wrote:

Nothing is illegal if no one finds it...Razz

simply write "Return to Sender" on the box and sign it as Elvis.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:47 pm

You better be a bit careful the next time around and you should be glad it wasn't SWAT team.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/30/AR2008073003299.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:01 am

goodcitizn wrote:
seven wrote:

That's a good idea... more so since the name is.... Farida!!!

Call the local TV station as well so when they find her, she'll be in the local 5 O'Clock news. Believe me, ISIS and her can be in the same news report. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:57 am

southindian wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
seven wrote:

That's a good idea... more so since the name is.... Farida!!!

Call the local TV station as well so when they find her, she'll be in the local 5 O'Clock news. Believe me, ISIS and her can be in the same news report. Smile
Lol aww that's cruel. But I will call the cops and not touch the parcel next time. Throw away all the letters, magazines n other garbage they send to my addressed to her.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down