Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switzerland to ultra-orthodox Muslim students: Shake your teacher's hand or pay $5,000

5 posters

Go down

Switzerland to ultra-orthodox Muslim students: Shake your teacher's hand or pay $5,000 Empty Switzerland to ultra-orthodox Muslim students: Shake your teacher's hand or pay $5,000

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 am

i like this approach. these guys should respect the local culture and try to integrate into the new environment they find themselves in. "In Rome, do as Romans do."

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/05/25/switzerland-to-muslim-students-shake-your-teachers-hand-or-pay-5000/

Back to top Go down

Switzerland to ultra-orthodox Muslim students: Shake your teacher's hand or pay $5,000 Empty Re: Switzerland to ultra-orthodox Muslim students: Shake your teacher's hand or pay $5,000

Post by pravalika nanda Thu May 26, 2016 10:52 am

huh??? there are at least 50 orthodox/hassidic jews who have refused to shake my hand in the last 3 yrs because they will touch no other woman for gods know whatever reason. i don't find that offensive at all. 

why should anyone shake my hand if they don't want to?
or what if in the future i become a girl-swami doing penance and i don't want to touch nobody?
the world is full of idiots.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Switzerland to ultra-orthodox Muslim students: Shake your teacher's hand or pay $5,000 Empty Re: Switzerland to ultra-orthodox Muslim students: Shake your teacher's hand or pay $5,000

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 11:04 am

pravalika nanda wrote:huh??? there are at least 50 orthodox/hassidic jews who have refused to shake my hand in the last 3 yrs because they will touch no other woman for gods know whatever reason. i don't find that offensive at all. 

why should anyone shake my hand if they don't want to?
or what if in the future i become a girl-swami doing penance and i don't want to touch nobody?
the world is full of idiots.

"in rome, do as romans do."

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu May 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:i like this approach. these guys should respect the local culture and try to integrate into the new environment they find themselves in. "In Rome, do as Romans do."

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/05/25/switzerland-to-muslim-students-shake-your-teachers-hand-or-pay-5000/
the article you linked says that the rule will ensure that the students will respect women as muc as they respect men. so much bovine excrement! this is a nation whose women gained the right to vote only in 1971! and the women of some canton received the right to vote in local elections as late as 1991! these hypocritical westerners!

the switzerpeepals should pay their women 500 billion $ in penalties for keeping them suppressed for centuries. 

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 26, 2016 3:47 pm

swapna wrote:
Rashmun wrote:i like this approach. these guys should respect the local culture and try to integrate into the new environment they find themselves in. "In Rome, do as Romans do."

the article you linked says that the rule will ensure that the students will respect women as muc as they respect men. so much bovine excrement! this is a nation whose women gained the right to vote only in 1971! and the women of some canton received the right to vote in local elections as late as 1991! these hypocritical westerners!

the switzerpeepals should pay their women 500 billion $ in penalties for keeping them suppressed for centuries. 

IRRELEVANT, YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 3:48 pm

swapna wrote:

thanks for that information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:

x-lation: I am your slave mit-wa, please spit on me or place your chappals on my head. I like carrying your chappals on my head and pretend they belong to a deal mughal, it makes me orgasm, sanam

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:

x-lation: I am your slave mit-wa, please spit on me or place your chappals on my head. I like carrying your chappals on my head and pretend they belong to a deal mughal, it makes me orgasm, sanam

this reminds me of my adolescent days in boarding school. this is how some children in the boarding school would speak. Props is clearly a child trapped in a man's body.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu May 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
swapna wrote:

this reminds me of my adolescent days in boarding school. this is how some children in the boarding school would speak. Props is clearly a child trapped in a man's body.
propu is experimenting with what he thinks is slang. he's just learnt words such as m'f'er. his hope seems to be that using such words often would divert attention sufficiently to obscure the emptiness of the contents, and the weakness of the underlying english. it's generous of you to be so forgiving towarfs this adolescent person.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu May 26, 2016 4:54 pm

oh good heavens, no Sir!

it's perfectly alright. just like b***h, vagina, penis etc., m'f'er and such are included and certified as very sophisticated, forward class vocab, and blessed by our 'pope' here. Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu May 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Are you not the one who takes pride in Chennaiites learning hindi but You never insist or talk about all the northies who move/live in Chennai/TN make any effort to learn Tamil or the local language in any Southern States they choose to work/live?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 10:25 pm

FluteHolder wrote:

Are you not the one who takes pride in Chennaiites learning hindi but You never insist or talk about all the northies who move/live in Chennai/TN make any effort to learn Tamil or the local language in any Southern States they choose to work/live?

i found i could get by with hindi in bangalore. the common man on the street knew hindi. So there was no need or impetus to learn Kannada. Now in Vellore some people knew hindi but many people did not. so i had started learning tamil. i remember a tamil acquaintance telling me that if i would have stayed on in Vellore for another three to six months i would have been capable of conversing in tamil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down