Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radical Change in Tamil Nadu: Parties bet on Hindi to woo voters

Go down

Radical Change in Tamil Nadu: Parties bet on Hindi to woo voters Empty Radical Change in Tamil Nadu: Parties bet on Hindi to woo voters

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 9:37 pm

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/tn-polls-parties-bet-on-hindi-to-woo-voters-/20160428.htm

Back to top Go down

Radical Change in Tamil Nadu: Parties bet on Hindi to woo voters Empty Re: Radical Change in Tamil Nadu: Parties bet on Hindi to woo voters

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri May 27, 2016 11:32 pm

On counting day, Chennai preferred Tamil news channels over English

On May 19, all the English news channels (Times Now, India Today Television, NDTV 24x7, CNN News18, News X, News 9 and BBC World News) together had 2.2 lakh impressions for the entire TV viewing population (from 4 years of age.)

On the other hand, all Tamil news channels put together had 1.3 crore impressions. (Sun News, Seithigal, Puthiya Thalaimurai, Thanthi TV, Polimer News, Jaya Plus, News 7 Tamil, Sathiyam TV and Raj News 24x7)

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Radical Change in Tamil Nadu: Parties bet on Hindi to woo voters Empty Re: Radical Change in Tamil Nadu: Parties bet on Hindi to woo voters

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri May 27, 2016 11:37 pm

Aiming to boost Tamil content on online encyclopedia portals, the state government has started a project to generate at least two crore articles to put online in the next two years.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri May 27, 2016 11:45 pm

“My parents were willing to put me in English medium. However, I opted for Tamil medium since I felt that I can under the subjects better if I learn them in my mother tongue,” says Kavipriya, who scored 496 marks with centum in Mathematics, Science and Social Sciences.

“My English teacher wanted me to specially focus on the subject. I am glad that I managed to score 98 marks in English,” she also said.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down