Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

egg whites in tetrapack- for kin

Go down

egg whites in tetrapack- for kin Empty egg whites in tetrapack- for kin

Post by Bittu Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Hello Kin, Interesting timing. You had asked about this earlier today and just a few days ago, TMB bought a tetrapack of egg whites. I decided to use it today to see how it turns out.

I made scrambled eggs with onion/mushroom/cilantro, something I made a few days ago with fresh eggs. Today, when I poured the egg into the pan, I noticed that the texture was watery. That wasn't a big issue in itself but after all the egg stiffened up, there was about a 1/3rd cup of WATER floating around in the pan. This will never happen with fresh egg whites. I had to scoop out the water and throw it.

In short, not doing this again. Actually, when it comes to ANY food item, fresh > canned/bottled/tetrapacked.

kthanxbai, B

Bittu

Back to top Go down

egg whites in tetrapack- for kin Empty Re: egg whites in tetrapack- for kin

Post by Bittu Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 pm

pi brought up a good point about nutrition in the yolks. yes yolks have fat and cholestrol but a lot of good stuff too:
http://www.fitsugar.com/Egg-White-Vs-Egg-Yolk-Which-Better-364527

In the mornings, I do 6 egg whites. Split it with TMB. Now I think I'm going to do 3 egg whites and two full eggs. Will see how that goes. Thanks for the tip, pi.

Bittu

Back to top Go down