Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

post-workout recovery plan

2 posters

Go down

post-workout recovery plan Empty post-workout recovery plan

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:03 pm

so all i did was go to the beach today and play in the waves a little. i only got damp from the water upto my trunk. this was for about an hour, the water temp was 65F and i didnt have a neoprene suit on, that' s why.
what really got me was that i got back in the car and did some groceries and i fell asleep for three hours straight.

i don't  mind it that much actually - sleep is a beautiful thing, allows your muscles to recover, decreases cortsiol levels in the body and is preceived as a reward by the brain.

but it hink it would've been better if i had done things differently:

I should have had a lot of water prior to heading to the beach and i should've kept replenishing myself several tiems throughout the day - i don't know what the temp was, but it was quite sunny. And now I've read a few articles on how to take care of myself post-workout and here's what i've learned:

keep yourself hydrated
Post-workout foods that are good for you:
protein: eggs with the yolk - if your lipid profile is okay, salmon (snake-cousins) - preferably wild
nuts: almost any of them but mostly walnuts/almonds/brazil nuts
seeds: pumpkin
greek yogurt
carbs: russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, quinao
(i have read that quinoa is not superior to brown rice in any way)
berries

one way to incorporate all this is to have my famous smoothie: greek yogurt, coconut water, soaked almonds, banana (K+), and berries. This with two eggs and a potato on the side.

the other interested thing i learned is about apples - that if you want to cut calories, just eat the apple skin which contains 90% of the nutrients. the rest is sugar. of course, if you want to feel full and want a lot of fiber, you can eat the whole thing.

okay, toodles.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

post-workout recovery plan Empty Re: post-workout recovery plan

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:06 pm

No shower or wash after being up to waist level liquid fertilizer for an hour? Youll get some skin infection.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:47 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:No shower or wash after being up to waist level liquid fertilizer for an hour? Youll get some skin infection.
no, you dumbeswar rao, i have no plans to take a shower for the remainder of the week. any problem?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:40 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:No shower or wash after being up to waist level liquid fertilizer for an hour? Youll get some skin infection.
no, you dumbeswar rao, i have no plans to take a shower for the remainder of the week. any problem?
No, not to me. But it might explain why you have difficulties finding a partner despite your sparkling personality and ravishing good looks.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down