Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

faithful doggie might become running mate

5 posters

Go down

faithful doggie might become running mate Empty faithful doggie might become running mate

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:21 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/us/politics/chris-christie-donald-trump.html?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

faithful doggie might become running mate Empty Re: faithful doggie might become running mate

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/us/politics/chris-christie-donald-trump.html?

Two bullies...make a perfect sense to reject. If Trump picked someone sensible, smart and compassionate, there may be a chance for him to win. With Christie the decision is easy to make - unless Hillary picks Warren.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

faithful doggie might become running mate Empty Re: faithful doggie might become running mate

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:29 pm

are you nuts? i can think of no scenario under which a vote for the ferret-wearing, cheeto-faced, short-fingered vulgarian is justified.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:32 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:are you nuts? i can think of no scenario under which a vote for the ferret-wearing, cheeto-faced, short-fingered vulgarian is justified.

both Trump and Hillary are not good choices. Biden would have been a good choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:are you nuts? i can think of no scenario under which a vote for the ferret-wearing, cheeto-faced, short-fingered vulgarian is justified.

both Trump and Hillary are not good choices. Biden would have been a good choice.

you're not saying anything new. i have stated my liking for biden many times here. but biden isn't running. while neither drumpf nor hillary are good choices, hillary is infinitely better than drumpf.  between measles and small pox, i'll choose measles. between cholera and lung cancer, cholera and so on.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:57 pm

better choices exist in the next cycle -- warren, cory booker, john hickenlooper, mark warner, etc.
potentially michael bloomberg (my choice), but he'll be 78.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:02 pm

i'd like to see business leaders who are unabashed social liberals, globalists, rational thinkers, and promoters of science run for the presidency. i don't care what party they belong to.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i'd like to see business leaders who are unabashed social liberals, globalists, rational thinkers, and promoters of science run for the presidency. i don't care what party they belong to.

would have been interesting to have had Steve Jobs as POTUS.

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:better choices exist in the next cycle -- warren, cory booker, john hickenlooper, mark warner, etc.
potentially michael bloomberg (my choice), but he'll be 78.

Why didn't any of them show up on the radar this time? I mean why didn't they throw their hat into the ring?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:41 pm

Hillary may not be likeable but why is the like ability factor given so much importance over qualification? She has been the First Lady for 8 years (not to mention her previous role as the First Lady of Arkansas) and understands the political protocol. She has been the Secretary of State for several years, especially during the times of turmoil in the Middle East, and understands international politics. And she has been a capable Senator. She is more competent to be the POTUS than Trump, Sanders or any Libertarian. I hope she picks a good running mate, definitely not Warren.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:42 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Hillary may not be likeable but why is the like ability factor given so much importance over qualification? She has been the First Lady for 8 years (not to mention her previous role as the First Lady of Arkansas) and understands the political protocol. She has been the Secretary of State for several years, especially during the times of turmoil in the Middle East, and understands international politics. And she has been a capable Senator. She is more competent to be the POTUS than Trump, Sanders or any Libertarian. I hope she picks a good running mate, definitely not Warren.

Two women and Hillary is finished. So She would not pick Warren. she will pick a Southern man to counter the redneck whites of the South.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:41 am

Why should she give a crap about hillbillies when they haven't voted for democrats in ages? What difference is it going to make? NC in 2008 was a single anomaly.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:54 am

I am sick of hearing about Ronald Reagan having been a great president. I remember those years when the interest rates were sky high, the job market in shambles and the deficit increasing. He and his Party did a great job selling his administration to the public. In comparison, Obama has done a lot more for the country in so many areas, yet neither his administration nor his Party has done anything to highlight his achievements, particularly after his predecessor left the country with high deficit, high unemployment, banking crisis, wars and so on. If the complaint is that Hillary will just be a continuation of this administration, it should really be considered a positive, not a negative. Handing over the Presidency to Trump will be like giving a garland to a monkey (a Tamil proverb).

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:43 am

goodcitizn wrote:I am sick of hearing about Ronald Reagan having been a great president. I remember those years when the interest rates were sky high, the job market in shambles and the deficit increasing. He and his Party did a great job selling his administration to the public. In comparison, Obama has done a lot more for the country in so many areas, yet neither his administration nor his Party has done anything to highlight his achievements, particularly after his predecessor left the country with high deficit, high unemployment, banking crisis, wars and so on. If the complaint is that Hillary will just be a continuation of this administration, it should really be considered a positive, not a negative. Handing over the Presidency to Trump will be like giving a garland to a monkey (a Tamil proverb).

Not if you were working in the Wall Street at that time....that brought in the extremely polarized wealth distribution legacy; and yes, his admin was full of  masters of smoke and mirrors.

but then, that's politics give it a listen starting at 0:45

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:11 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:I am sick of hearing about Ronald Reagan having been a great president. I remember those years when the interest rates were sky high, the job market in shambles and the deficit increasing. He and his Party did a great job selling his administration to the public. In comparison, Obama has done a lot more for the country in so many areas, yet neither his administration nor his Party has done anything to highlight his achievements, particularly after his predecessor left the country with high deficit, high unemployment, banking crisis, wars and so on. If the complaint is that Hillary will just be a continuation of this administration, it should really be considered a positive, not a negative. Handing over the Presidency to Trump will be like giving a garland to a monkey (a Tamil proverb).

Not if you were working in the Wall Street at that time....that brought in the extremely polarized wealth distribution legacy; and yes, his admin was full of  masters of smoke and mirrors.

but then, that's politics give it a listen starting at 0:45

Regan era was the beginning of the Looters era. every 10 years the WSLs plunged the country in one financial crisis after another while the middle class ended up with stationary wages, evaporated retirement funds, and burdened with subsidizing the Rich and the Poor.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down