Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I propose

5 posters

Go down

I propose Empty I propose

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Mother's day long weekend... Fridays off before Mother's day.

Back to top Go down

I propose Empty Re: I propose

Post by Nila Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 am

I propose Mother day on a Monday and a holiday only for Mothers. I am tired of getting all these..."I Love Mom!" cards! This year I got a candy...and I told my ds...how would you feel if you get a card for your birthday! And he was like...finally I got Macy's gift card!

You won't get anything unless you ask for it....Men! Razz

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:47 am

for years I used to get the hugest chocolate bar.. then daughter's classmates were like, 'noooooooooo, you can't just give chocs, flowers, cards'..... but I don't care, I still look forward to huuuuuuuuuuugest choc. bar, flowers, a nice lunch in some amrikan restaurant, and whatever vase/flowers/bird house that they make in the school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Sat May 07, 2011 12:53 am

I don't like getting chocos, flowers....I am so used to buy these stuff in India and I do that with chocos and also developed an habit of buying flowers for myself without having to have those things as a gift. It's cheap to get chocos and flowers as gifts....a very desi thing, u know?

I miss buying those jasmine, kanakambaram, samandhi, rose...

okay...c ya around

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:42 pm

ya, that's what they told them.... after that for a couple of years I got small necklace/earring sets, or clothes... but lately we have settled again for chocolates, with a small something else that they pick on their own, like last year they got me a bbw's lotion, and lip gloss, with of course, a huge chocolate and floers... something about getting the bigger bars just make me happy. bachpan se. .

this year, daughter is trying to do something different.. she says she will make breakfast for me in the morning... I said as long as you wake me up with tea, I'll be happy.. hate waking up and making my own tea.

Let's see what she does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat May 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Mother's day long weekend... Fridays off before Mother's day.

>>> Also give those pesky dads the day off, maybe a trip to tahoe or something, so mothers can bask in the spirit of mother's day, without any disturbance. Also, we shouldn't cheapen the sanctity of motherhood with mundane things like gifts, dinners etc.. Yeah, that's it.. I am onto something here.. I feel it..

Sad

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Kris wrote:Also, we shouldn't cheapen the sanctity of motherhood with mundane things like gifts, dinners etc.. Yeah, that's it.. I am onto something here.. I feel it..

Sad

http://www.mylifeisdesi.com/view/Cheapness/70105 Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat May 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Indians are noble souls Tracy (after so many hindi flicks, I thought you would have gathered this by now); they don't need to show their love for their mothers with material..

Besides money is better spent on trips to tahoe (with no moms in tow-- they need their space too, y'know)

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat May 07, 2011 1:30 pm

last year they got me a bbw's lotion

is there a lotion that Big Beautiful Women (BBWs) wear that makes them irresistable?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat May 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:last year they got me a bbw's lotion

is there a lotion that Big Beautiful Women (BBWs) wear that makes them irresistable?
Bath and Body Works. I hate the place.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat May 07, 2011 1:49 pm

for me it's the mall.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Sat May 07, 2011 1:53 pm

this year, daughter is trying to do something different.. she says she will make breakfast for me in the morning... I said as long as you wake me up with tea, I'll be happy.. hate waking up and making my own tea.

--- aww dd are sweet and always make you feel loved :-)

Happy Mother's Day! I miss my Mommy (Mummy! - the Indian kannada way)

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Sasthi wrote:this year, daughter is trying to do something different.. she says she will make breakfast for me in the morning... I said as long as you wake me up with tea, I'll be happy.. hate waking up and making my own tea.

--- aww dd are sweet and always make you feel loved :-)

Happy Mother's Day! I miss my Mommy (Mummy! - the Indian kannada way)

Now what is that Kannada way ??? Pliss to explain.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down