Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i am voting...

3 posters

Go down

i am voting...  Empty i am voting...

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:31 am

Clinton (hopefully she doesn't drop out)

am not so for her, but sorta impressed with her life story. a woman who has always been active since school-college times, leading, organizing, fighting issues, having opinions. When most others are mostly dreaming of self-careers or marriage.

and she did it all without a real good role model. yeah, she comes off as strong, but high time women come off as strong w/o being called a bitch, dammit.

but her being a woman is not the criteria. her being dedicated to the causes all her life has been.

have a feeling she's a tad bit moderate to win the elections. will convert to a real iron-maiden when elected. good going...

much better than a in-your-face lying, cheap, spoiled millionare with possible narcissism and borderline personality disorder, who's now out to fulfill his hitlerish fantasies

Back to top Go down

i am voting...  Empty Re: i am voting...

Post by swapna Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:43 am

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:Clinton (hopefully she doesn't drop out)

am not so for her, but sorta impressed with her life story. a woman who has always been active since school-college times, leading, organizing, fighting issues, having opinions. When most others are mostly dreaming of self-careers or marriage.

and she did it all without a real good role model. yeah, she comes off as strong, but high time women come off as strong w/o being called a bitch, dammit.

but her being a woman is not the criteria. her being dedicated to the causes all her life has been.

have a feeling she's a tad bit moderate to win the elections. will convert to a real iron-maiden when elected. good going...

much better than a in-your-face lying, cheap, spoiled millionare with possible narcissism and borderline personality disorder, who's now out to fulfill his hitlerish fantasies
clinton is not merely better than trump; it's easy to be better presidential material than an unethical, unintelligent egomaniac who has no sense of public service. 

clinton is almost sure to win this election by a comfortable margin, and will be a very competent , possibly excellent president.

if I were to vote, I would surely vote for clinton.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:20 pm

** why would she drop out if she's hopeful?

am not so for her,...

** what does that mean?

...but sorta impressed with her life story. a woman who has always been active since school-college times, leading, organizing, fighting issues, having opinions. When most others are mostly dreaming of self-careers or marriage.

** what's a self-career?

but her being a woman is not the criteria....

** "criterion," not "criteria."

...but her being dedicated to the causes has been.

** rather: "dedication to causes is."

have a feeling she's a tad bit moderate to win the elections.

** "a tad moderate" will do.

will convert to a real iron-maiden when elected. good going...

much better than a in-your-face lying, cheap, spoiled millionare...

** "an in-your-face millionaire," not "a in-your-face millionaire."

...with possible narcissism and borderline personality disorder, who's now out to fulfill his hitlerish fantasies
see ** above.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:38 am

swapna wrote:

clinton is not merely better than trump; it's easy to be better presidential material than an unethical, unintelligent egomaniac who has no sense of public service. 

clinton is almost sure to win this election by a comfortable margin, and will be a very competent , possibly excellent president.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo
thanks. the 61-to-39 chances favouring clinton are somewhat narrower than I would have guessed.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:15 pm

And 8 weeks before election, it is not real either.

538 looks more relevant 1 week before the election. 

It's too early for election predictions.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:30 pm

southindian wrote:And 8 weeks before election, it is not real either.

538 looks more relevant 1 week before the election. 

It's too early for election predictions.

why is it not relevant? it is relevant to assess the amount of work the clinton campaign needs to do to convince undecided voters, and to work to change people's minds.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down