Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which channel are you watching right now

+2
FluteHolder
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

which channel are you watching right now Empty which channel are you watching right now

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:16 pm

i am currently watching CNN. i like John King's magic wall. are you watching some other channel?

Back to top Go down

which channel are you watching right now Empty Re: which channel are you watching right now

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:49 pm

several CNN panelists are partisan--overtly pro-Clinton. I wish the panelists were more neutral. Forced to stay with CNN because i like John King's magic wall.

Back to top Go down

which channel are you watching right now Empty Re: which channel are you watching right now

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:33 pm

CNN righ now. As the night progresses will shift to FOX.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Abcnews and bloomberg.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Experts in bloomberg predicted Stocks, Yen rally if Clinton wins and opposite if Trump wins. Now Dow futures and yen are very volatile hopefully by the final count, they should have reached some direction ( I believe  stocks fall, yen raise).

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:09 pm

Fox news. 9 p.m. east coast. They are still talking up Trump's possibilities.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:12 pm

CNN. John King's is good.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:18 pm

FluteHolder wrote:Experts in bloomberg predicted Stocks, Yen rally if Clinton wins and opposite if Trump wins. Now Dow futures and yen are very volatile hopefully by the final count, they should have reached some direction ( I believe  stocks fall, yen raise).
I hear all red now

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Yes. Dow futures gave it back all the gains in past 2 days. Tomorrow will be interesting.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:35 pm

right down to the wire. a historic election.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:39 pm

In past 2 hours Dow futures fell from 18450 to 17840.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:right down to the wire. a historic election.

which channel are you watching right now Donald-hillary-800

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:00 pm

I am reading Paavaanar Deveneyan's Primary Classical Language of the World

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:07 pm

in retrospect mike pence turned out to be a good choice for Trump. Hillary may have been better off choosing Sanders as her running mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:10 pm

Trump's message about jobs being shipped overseas, combined with Pence's presence on the ticket, resulted in the sweep across the rust belt.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:16 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:25 pm

I project Secretary Clinton will win by 8 points or more.

So go to sleep or do something else. No need to watch those endless blue red maps on every channel.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:45 pm

cnn is simply delaying the bad news... so many states are so far ahead, but they are not declaring it, or taking extra hour before declaring. maybe wishful thinking. 

Kinda like my dad in a losing cricket match would go - 'well, if we get 2 no balls, and 4 sixers then we can still win'. 

never happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:58 pm

Rashmun wrote:in retrospect mike pence turned out to be a good choice for Trump. Hillary may have been better off choosing Sanders as her running mate.
Hillary IS the bad choice. The democratic party would have been better off not having her run for Presidency.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:59 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:in retrospect mike pence turned out to be a good choice for Trump. Hillary may have been better off choosing Sanders as her running mate.
Hillary IS the bad choice. The democratic party would have been better off not having her run for Presidency.

good point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:16 am

one of the things to observe is how Trump will treat Paul Ryan if as expected now he becomes the president. I suspect Paul's days as speaker of the house are now numbered. Payback time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:43 am

Finally, CNN is talking something positive about Trump! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:28 am

i o nly woke up at 1am so anyhow i started with bbc and now cnn. i have to say im flabbergasted.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:55 am

pravalika nanda wrote:i o nly woke up at 1am so anyhow i started with bbc and now cnn. i have to say im flabbergasted.
yeah, pretty surprising. I wonder how all those polls could go wrong. There are so many secret voters to Trump, obviously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:05 am

Rashmun wrote:one of the things to observe is how Trump will treat Paul Ryan if as expected now he becomes the president. I suspect Paul's days as speaker of the house are now numbered. Payback time.

as expected: http://www.businessinsider.com/hannity-paul-ryan-speaker-trump-2016-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:25 am

Something is going on. Only a fraction of the votes need to be counted, but seems like it's stalled. It's almost 2:30 at night and they still haven't made the declaration. Hillary isn't talking tonight. Hillary's voters were asked to go home. What's going on?

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:46 am

Kinnera wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:i o nly woke up at 1am so anyhow i started with bbc and now cnn. i have to say im flabbergasted.
yeah, pretty surprising. I wonder how all those polls could go wrong. There are so many secret voters to Trump, obviously.
pence is on tv. dangerous fellow. a great day for evanagelicals

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:46 am

what podesta did is messed up. hillary needs to talk to the people.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:48 am

Kinnera wrote:
the sample they polled was skewed to hillary. i can't watch pence talk. makes me nauseous

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:07 am

i predict high fashion and intellectual poverty for the next 4yrs

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:25 am

Still, the spending patterns offer some insight into the strategies pursued by the two rivals. As of Oct. 19, Clinton had raised some $513 million and spent $450 million on itemized expenses. The Trump campaign had raised $255 million and spent $239 million.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/07/heres-where-clinton-trump-spent-on-their-ground-games.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down