Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He's about to find out the nation's deep secrets

+2
FluteHolder
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

He's about to find out the nation's deep secrets Empty He's about to find out the nation's deep secrets

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:34 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/president-elect-donald-trump-is-about-to-learn-the-nations-deep-secrets/2016/11/12/8bf9bc40-a847-11e6-8fc0-7be8f848c492_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpsecret-430pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory#comments

Hope the garam-hyphen-kuta, silverbell, and the hellsus of the world are comfortable with the idea that he is going to be the guy standing between them and nuclear annihilation. I try to put that thought out my head as much as I can, because if I think about it too much, I want to curl up in a corner and never wake up.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

He's about to find out the nation's deep secrets Empty Re: He's about to find out the nation's deep secrets

Post by FluteHolder Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:49 am

Did you worry when these things happened when Dubya took over. He had no experience in running government or a business. At least  Trump has experience in running businesses for so long (whether it is crooked or good different matter). You are worrying too much. You were the one who believed in offices/agencies of the government. I hope they would definitely would have good checks/balances, procedures.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

He's about to find out the nation's deep secrets Empty Re: He's about to find out the nation's deep secrets

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:55 am

FluteHolder wrote:Did you worry when these things happened when Dubya took over. He had no experience in running government or a business. At least  Trump has experience in running businesses for so long (whether it is crooked or good different matter). You are worrying too much. You were the one who believed in offices/agencies of the government. I hope they would definitely would have good checks/balances, procedures.

No. What do you mean he had no experience running government? He was the governor of TX when he ran.

There are checks and balances for lots of things, not the nukes. It is one person's decision and often s/he wouldn't have more than 10 mins to decide.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:16 am

Still I think you worry too much. If that is the case, we all are to blame esp the system which gives so much power to an individual without checks/balances. On the same way, financial meltdown should be looked into too. Why no wall street guys were punished who caused the 2008 recession. Why they let go scot free by Eric Holder? Why did not you fear or protest when about these when you were not affected immediately /directly.  But when it is nukes you are crying? So as long it is not affecting you immediately you have no worry about other things which might indirectly affect you or others.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:28 am

Nukes are in a different category. I don't think that merits further explanation. Donald Trump got roughly 60 million votes. Essentially one American voter made an existential decision for 116 other people in the world who had no say whatsoever.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:49 am

Donald Trump is not likely to misuse nuclear weapons. He may be flawed but he is not mentally incompetent. He loved life and his family too much to do anything like nuclear escalation. That is propaganda of fear.

However he will be more inclined to use massive power of us milatsry against some weaker enemy using real or political pretext. Grenada is an examined le from history. Politicians used war as a rescue tool and his campaign indicates he has moral problems to use extreme tools to prop himself up.

He may use national institutions against his political opponents and groups organizing against him. Go to sleep that nuclear arm are safe even in Trump USA.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/president-elect-donald-trump-is-about-to-learn-the-nations-deep-secrets/2016/11/12/8bf9bc40-a847-11e6-8fc0-7be8f848c492_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpsecret-430pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory#comments

Hope the garam-hyphen-kuta, silverbell, and the hellsus of the world are comfortable with the idea that he is going to be the guy standing between them and nuclear annihilation. I try to put that thought out my head as much as I can, because if I think about it too much, I want to curl up in a corner and never wake up.

very comfortable. so comfortable in fact, it is tremendous. so beautiful folks, you have no idea.
ps:nuclear annihilation is only possible if he attacks russia . but according to a woman ( who never lies, by the way ) , he is a puppet of putin. so why would the puppet attack russia? how is it possible? elaa ? how ? ah how?
if he drops a nuclear bomb on the arab countries OTOH, lot of people will say good riddance. not me, but a lot of people, folks.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:29 pm

truthbetold wrote:Donald Trump is not likely to misuse nuclear weapons. He may be flawed but he is not mentally incompetent. He loved life and his family too much to do anything like nuclear escalation. That is propaganda of fear.

However he will be more inclined to use massive power of us milatsry against some weaker enemy using real or political pretext. Grenada is an examined le from history.  Politicians used war as a rescue tool and his campaign indicates he has moral problems to use extreme tools to prop himself up.

He may use national institutions against his political opponents and groups organizing against him. Go to sleep that nuclear arm are safe even in Trump USA.

I am not worried about him using nuclear weapons out of aggression. Here is my worry. I think Trump is basically a very insecure and nervous person inside. The braggadocio is a defense against his anxieties.  I am worried were he to face a bay of pigs type of situation, that he may pull the nuclear trigger prematurely out of a genuine worry about protecting the country. Basically if it comes to nuclear brinkmanship, I am afraid he'll blink too quickly. That is my worry. And there is no congressional input in a scenario like that. It's him and the guy he conveys the codes to. That's it.

FBI agents undergo a psych evaluation. I can't believe this isn't a requirement for a president. Now you may justifiably ask how come I didn't worry about it before. My only answer is that we did not have a candidate like this before.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Max,

It is wrong to be concerned about nuclear brinkmanship. Again, Trump is arrogant but he is also selfish. Such person would not jump to nuclear option.  In any case, based on what we know in public domain, while final decision is in President's hands, he will ably advised by several defense and civilian experts. While Trump is not as cool as Obama is , his relationship with his own family and love of his own life style minimizes the possibility of a nuclear confrontation.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Donald Trump is not likely to misuse nuclear weapons. He may be flawed but he is not mentally incompetent. He loved life and his family too much to do anything like nuclear escalation. That is propaganda of fear.

However he will be more inclined to use massive power of us milatsry against some weaker enemy using real or political pretext. Grenada is an examined le from history.  Politicians used war as a rescue tool and his campaign indicates he has moral problems to use extreme tools to prop himself up.

I am not worried about him using nuclear weapons out of aggression. Here is my worry. I think Trump is basically a very insecure and nervous person inside. The braggadocio is a defense against his anxieties.  I am worried were he to face a bay of pigs type of situation, that he may pull the nuclear trigger prematurely out of a genuine worry about protecting the country. Basically if it comes to nuclear brinkmanship, I am afraid he'll blink too quickly. That is my worry. And there is no congressional input in a scenario like that. It's him and the guy he conveys the codes to. That's it.

FBI agents undergo a psych evaluation. I can't believe this isn't a requirement for a president. Now you may justifiably ask how come I didn't worry about it before. My only answer is that we did not have a candidate like this before.
who are the adversaries in bay of pigs situation again? the puppet and the puppet master?
only people who should be worried about the nuclear weapons, are the kim boy and the arab states. they will be wary of stepping on the toes if they are not foolish.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:31 pm

garam-kuta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

who are the adversaries in bay of pigs situation again? the puppet and the puppet master?
only people who should be worried about the nuclear weapons, are the kim boy and the arab states. they will be wary of stepping on the toes if they are not foolish.
You have obviously missed Parrikar's statement.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:33 pm

It is Hitlary that is the war monger. She voted for the Iraq war and is thirsty for a war with Russia. She is responsible for tje rise of ISIS. I am so glad that immoral rotting corpse got a kick in the nuts that will hurt till she goes to the grave.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:34 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i should've added nuclear weapons in trump's hand, but i thought that was obvious.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:42 pm

garam-kuta wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
garam-kuta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i should've added nuclear weapons in trump's hand, but i thought that was obvious.
Remember, Trumpji is a big fan of Hindu.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down